We got a great album you ungrateful bastards

Cappycorn87

2 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

So what if it went number 1 on iTunes. It went number one because the fans and pop stans were buying it. After that, it falled of the charts. :cutesybrit:

it didn't fail. britney stopped giving a **** about it and literally stopped US-promo after the vmas, that's why it lost its momentum.

the lame music video didn't help at all.

the public was excited af when the song dropped. it sold as much as singles by katy perry and lady kaka, who you probably consider successful.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, justkeepdoingit said:

it didn't fail. britney stopped giving a **** about it and literally stopped US-promo after the vmas, that's why it lost its momentum.

the lame music video didn't help at all.

the public was excited af when the song dropped. it sold as much as singles by katy perry and lady kaka, who you probably consider successful.

I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that a chart position doesn't sum up a song's sucess.

Glory is one of her best work imo. Britney delivered and exceeded all expectations on Glory, especially following Britney Jean. She hasn't sounded this present and coherent on a record since Blackout. She was completely involved in the production in this one and the result is great.

I was actually surprised with "Coupure Eletrique". I didn't expect her to record a song in a different language.and even for those who aren't exactly her fans I bet that they will find at least one track that they'll enjoy .

However,the promo she did for it was ineffective ... It's a disgrace the way Glory was treated . The album deserved much better.

I cant with all of the people in here claiming the Glory era was successful. Just because its a quality album doesn't make it a "hit" @button there are lots of great albums that aren't recognized by the GP, I wouldn't call them hits.  Anyone who is completely happy with how this era went is delusional. It had great potential, and I was really excited at the beginning before the whole Make me mess. Sorry but Britney doing a couple promo appearances doesnt really fix things for me, I would love if she was actually passionate about what she was putting out and her image. Also you all make it seem like Britney is doing a great deed by just putting an album out, thats literally her job. If she doesnt want to do it well anymore she shouldn't have to :brityes:

Just now, icona said:

I cant with all of the people in here claiming the Glory era was successful. Just because its a quality album doesn't make it a "hit" @button there are lots of great albums that aren't recognized by the GP, I wouldn't call them hits.  Anyone who is completely happy with how this era went is delusional. It had great potential, and I was really excited at the beginning before the whole Make me mess. Sorry but Britney doing a couple promo appearances doesnt really fix things for me, I would love if she was actually passionate about what she was putting out and her image. Also you all make it seem like Britney is doing a great deed by just putting an album out, thats literally her job. If she doesnt want to do it well anymore she shouldn't have to :brityes:

raw

9 minutes ago, icona said:

Glory was a hit album

Archived