l.a. reid on britney spears

justkeepdoingit

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Maryy said:

unfortunately, i really doubt that he thinks the same about her nowadays. :sassybrit:

he probably knows (and we all know that too) how much potential she still has but it's getting wasted day by day :sassybrit:

bullshit. if he said that after 2011, he most definitely still thinks (/knows) it applies. the fan craze around her never stopped.

he's a grown *** man, CEO of a major record label. not some deluded exhaler.

Guest Nick Jonas
1 hour ago, justkeepdoingit said:

"l.a. told me you should be a popstar, all you'd have to change is everything you are" :shameless: love it.

Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears, she's so pretty, that just ain't me. :staysalty:

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Sign her where? To Epic? :zoomzoom: No thanks.

Island might have worked for one era (like JLO) and then everything would go to ****. (Again, like JLO) :moorangu: 

Yeah but unlike Britney, Jlo needs to be told what to do. She kinda admit it a little but she lacks direction and vision like Britney and that's why AKA sucks. Seeing as how over the years of hearing stories of how her ideas are always compromised and how her original intentions are always ignored or changed just proves to me that she is more capable. I mean she oversaw Glory and that's one of her best albums in a long time. I'm pretty sure La Reid will take care of her and he has good instincts. He told Jlo that On the floor would be a major hit and it did. 

5 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah but unlike Britney, Jlo needs to be told what to do. She kinda admit it a little but she lacks direction and vision like Britney and that's why AKA sucks. Seeing as how over the years of hearing stories of how her ideas are always compromised and how her original intentions are always ignored or changed just proves to me that she is more capable. I mean she oversaw Glory and that's one of her best albums in a long time. I'm pretty sure La Reid will take care of her and he has good instincts. He told Jlo that On the floor would be a major hit and it did. 

But that's kind of where the problem lies.

JLO's taste is questionable. She's still stuck with that 2002 J to tha Lo mindset where "I'm Real" is relevant.

LOVE? was all L.A. Reid's work. That's why everything JLO initially recorded for the album from 2009 was scrapped and they brought in RedOne, StarGate and Jimmy Joker to produce most of the record.

Basically, it was the same situation as Femme Fatale. Britney's more urban / midtempo concept was scrapped for the dance bangers from Max & Luke.

So yes, both JLO and Britney avoided a possible flop. But for the next era, I think Britney probably would have trouble securing her vision with L.A. Reid wanting to keep the hit train rolling.

He's with epic now right? Eh I  don't think it would work. LA hasn't been giving his artists much help lately. Tamar Braxton's last album rollout was a mess. She barely got videos for her singles and he was the EP and that still didn't help. Jennifer Hudson's new single is flopping. They don't understand her image or sound or her core audience. Jlo didn't do much with epic. Neither did Keyshia cole. Like I only think rappers and hip hop stars are doing good on that label.

12 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

this. they're not on the same level when it comes to artistry. j.lo is very far from being one. talents are very limited as well.

let's talk about RCA instead - the label that birthed floptina.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

But that's kind of where the problem lies.

JLO's taste is questionable. She's still stuck with that 2002 J to tha Lo mindset where "I'm Real" is relevant.

LOVE? was all L.A. Reid's work. That's why everything JLO initially recorded for the album from 2009 was scrapped and they brought in RedOne, StarGate and Jimmy Joker to produce most of the record.

Basically, it was the same situation as Femme Fatale. Britney's more urban / midtempo concept was scrapped for the dance bangers from Max & Luke.

So yes, both JLO and Britney avoided a possible flop. But for the next era, I think Britney probably would have trouble securing her vision with L.A. Reid wanting to keep the hit train rolling.

You make a good point and probably so, I dont know. I feel her and La can work together and find the right balance because he appreciates music and not just see dollar signs like Larry.  I mean Brit might've gotten her way if Jive didnt went bankrupt so I think the need to have hitmakers was to squeeze the last bit of money out of her.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, justkeepdoingit said:

this. they're not on the same level when it comes to artistry. j.lo is very far from being one. talents are very limited as well.

let's talk about RCA instead - the label that birthed floptina.

I feel she is talented and is creative on a different aspect but I feel she needs to be directed and that way she can make it good but Britney is a visionar. Its no surprise since she created many iconic works. She really is what a director is for films and thats why we got blackout. She is not a controlling person but she looks like she can guide people into the right direction while Jlo is the opposite and producers say that about Britney that she is the inspiration for them with her ideas and input. 

Archived