I was listening to Glory in full now after a couple of months without doing it

Campy

Holy **** thats a masterpiece, thats ******* grammy material i mean omg 

everytime i remember the make me video and see the art for the album i'm like WHY?????

and then i remeber that they took like 3 months to release the SP video, that thankfully avenged everything, even though it was too late

:mybodyisready: bye

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nick Jonas
14 minutes ago, Good4Ya said:

I listen to it almost every day because I love it, I really do, but tbh I still think its missing that memorable "something" all britney records have... Anyways, grammy-worthy or not, I personally love it for what it is :verycool:

A hit. :nicki2:

3 hours ago, Good4Ya said:

I listen to it almost every day because I love it, I really do, but tbh I still think its missing that memorable "something" all britney records have... Anyways, grammy-worthy or not, I personally love it for what it is :verycool:

a hit single? an iconic viral music video? hardcore dancing? millions of sales? insane promo worldwide? a sold out worldwide tour?  which one shall it be

It's so funny, I haven't listened to much of it in about a month. I just listened in full again while driving today! 

"Glory" is def Britney's BEST album! Now of course "In The Zone" & "Blackout" are both amazing & spawned some of her most iconic material but ITZ is not as cohesive as it could've been & Blackout really did not showcase much vocal effort. 

Glory is not only cohesively intact but it's some of Britney's best vocal work since the beginning of her career! It's lyrically better than her recent material & last but not least the production is absolutely flawless! There was so much delicate work on it, there are so many layers!! You don't really get this type of production work on pop albums recently. 

I still hold my belief that the tracklist & the order of the "hype singles" hurt Glory's initial invitation. Most of the best material on Glory is in its final tracks & on the deluxe. When people go to check out an album or stream it they generally choose within the 1st few tracks whether they are going to give the album the time of day. "Private Show" being a huge hype single was a mistake, it's not only my least favorite song but it's also the only song that I feel doesn't fit on Glory. It should've been a bonus track (if that). "Invitation" should've been the 1st hype single! I think that the fragrance should've been called "Invitation" as well. DYWCO 2nd hype, Clumsy 3rd hype. When the album 1st came out it would've been smarter to have LMD, Better & CYM closer to the opening of the album & obvy Liar, Better & CYM should've been on the normal album with PS, HTFY & WYN being deluxe. 

I don't know now if I really feel so strong about how much the "Make Me" video hurt the era, idk. SP was AMAZING.. so much so that it's prob her best video in years, mainly because THAT Britney that we crave is in it. It didn't really do much for SP or Glory. In fact the whole MM video mess actually gave MM & Glory a lot more press & had people talking, so to say the MM video hurt the Glory era? Meh I think that is less of a factor. I think again that the PS kinda killed the Glory high. 

2 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

How did you survive without listening to it for that long though :crying11:

I listen to the album at least once a week and I swear everytime I listen to it I'm always amazed and the album never gets old :mcry:

It's just as timeless as Blackout and ITZ which is why it's part of the holy trinity :pumped:

Yes yes yes bb

I agree so much with this post

I'm getting hard just reading it  

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

a hit single? an iconic viral music video? hardcore dancing? millions of sales? insane promo worldwide? a sold out worldwide tour?  which one shall it be

Yup, that "something" can stand for so many things haha, except for the huge potential Glory actually has...  

Guest $elfish

its really good i agree:mhm:

but there are 2 songs that suck 

private show 

and 

coupre electrique (if it was english i would have loved it its just wierd hearing brintey talking french she should have made 2 versions)

14 hours ago, Onyx1126 said:

It's so funny, I haven't listened to much of it in about a month. I just listened in full again while driving today! 

"Glory" is def Britney's BEST album! Now of course "In The Zone" & "Blackout" are both amazing & spawned some of her most iconic material but ITZ is not as cohesive as it could've been & Blackout really did not showcase much vocal effort. 

Glory is not only cohesively intact but it's some of Britney's best vocal work since the beginning of her career! It's lyrically better than her recent material & last but not least the production is absolutely flawless! There was so much delicate work on it, there are so many layers!! You don't really get this type of production work on pop albums recently. 

I still hold my belief that the tracklist & the order of the "hype singles" hurt Glory's initial invitation. Most of the best material on Glory is in its final tracks & on the deluxe. When people go to check out an album or stream it they generally choose within the 1st few tracks whether they are going to give the album the time of day. "Private Show" being a huge hype single was a mistake, it's not only my least favorite song but it's also the only song that I feel doesn't fit on Glory. It should've been a bonus track (if that). "Invitation" should've been the 1st hype single! I think that the fragrance should've been called "Invitation" as well. DYWCO 2nd hype, Clumsy 3rd hype. When the album 1st came out it would've been smarter to have LMD, Better & CYM closer to the opening of the album & obvy Liar, Better & CYM should've been on the normal album with PS, HTFY & WYN being deluxe. 

I don't know now if I really feel so strong about how much the "Make Me" video hurt the era, idk. SP was AMAZING.. so much so that it's prob her best video in years, mainly because THAT Britney that we crave is in it. It didn't really do much for SP or Glory. In fact the whole MM video mess actually gave MM & Glory a lot more press & had people talking, so to say the MM video hurt the Glory era? Meh I think that is less of a factor. I think again that the PS kinda killed the Glory high. 

But  Invitation is one of the songs most of my "Britney-is-irrelevant" friends actually like. My ex, for example, who couldn't care less for Britney, when I made him listen to the full album when it came out, he said that Invitation is amazing and that it should've been the first "pre-release-single" something like an intro to the new era cause it made so much sense. And I actually agreed with him. She didn't have to make a video, it might've just been some short version of the song for a commercial or a teaser. But they used Private Show instead which most people thought sounded awful. 

And than, when the LaChappele Make Me video leaked, he flipped and said that that might actually be her best way of getting "back on the top 5 women artist of the year" and actually make her "de-throne" Beyonca... But than she released the shities fluff ever, and they killed the album before it even got out. :embarrassney:

So here's a thing, I do agree that some of the best songs are at the end of the album, but Invitation and Make Me ARE great songs, she just had to not include Private Show on the album, let it be a promo song for her fragrance and that would actually make whole album POP. :truthtea:

Archived