Listening Make Me in my car... I can't believe

HotAsIce.ve

1 hour ago, Dollanganger said:

None of this was ever confirmed. It's pure speculation what went down. Even if she wanted to, it's labels that ultimately decide what gets put out by artists. If not, see what happened with Original Doll and when she leaked the demo of Mona Lisa.

Well, she had to film something to support the single. If they couldn't release David's work, they had to reshoot something inexpensive and quick to save the song that pretty much was riding on the comeback hype alone.

It's pretty obvious what happened. Larry Rudolph said the video just didn't work. It was definitely an over-sexualized video that Britney didn't want to release. She cut out a lot of the WB video bc she's a mom - I'm sure it was similiar to that. I do not believe for a second that Britney was fighting for this video to be released and her team was the one that wouldn't release it.

Original Doll is a bad example. There's no "unreleased album" sitting on a shelf somewhere that the label wouldn't release. Original Doll was the working title of the 5th album that eventually ended up changing direction and being Blackout. She wanted to call it OD in 2005 - then she got pregnant two years in a row and couldn't release an album bc of it. She kept working on it for 2 more years and it became Blackout.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, someone realizes this! 

Make Me is a masterpiece, period. This era was handled badly. I do blame her team/label but I blame her as well. 

Scrapping the video was the biggest mistake they've done. Then, the cheap photoshoot, the lack of effective promotion, and especially not promoting the album at any big award show. 

The VMA performance kinda sucks, let's be real. It's not a Britney Spears VMA PERFORMANCE. They made it seem like it's going to be the most epic performance of the night from the PROMO video they've shown. Couldn't Britney step in and say "hey, this my first vma performance in a long time, let's do something better, let's make a great dance routine, I wanna give it my all for this performance etc." and couldn't Larry have said something like "why don't we add two or three more songs from the album into this performance? the VMA is just a day after the album release, it'll do wonders for the album sales!" 

But no, they keep doing mediocre things :byebitch:

42 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

It's pretty obvious what happened. Larry Rudolph said the video just didn't work. It was definitely an over-sexualized video that Britney didn't want to release. She cut out a lot of the WB video bc she's a mom - I'm sure it was similiar to that. I do not believe for a second that Britney was fighting for this video to be released and her team was the one that wouldn't release it.

Original Doll is a bad example. There's no "unreleased album" sitting on a shelf somewhere that the label wouldn't release. Original Doll was the working title of the 5th album that eventually ended up changing direction and being Blackout. She wanted to call it OD in 2005 - then she got pregnant two years in a row and couldn't release an album bc of it. She kept working on it for 2 more years and it became Blackout.

The whole approach at the beginning of this era was not in vein of Britney Jean "I'm a Mom now." She posted those **** Instagram videos, more focus was on her body and extremely sexualized compared to anything in FF/BJ. That's the only official statement that was made regarding why the video wasn't released but she must have been okay iwith it to promote it via Instagram. It may have not been Team Britney actively pushing it but they also had sponsors to answer to and seeing how their products were used, I wouldn't rule out that didn't play a part in it being scrapped or unused.

I'm talking about her releasing Mona Lisa without going through the label. Even if she had wanted this video out, she'd have powers that be to answer to which makes the final decision.

6 hours ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

Seriously I can't believe how BTeam was so stupid (and CHEAP) with all the mistakes around this single. 

1. The Make Me Original Video Scrapped Drama

2. The Final Video of 50$ with a cheap director/photographer 

3. The Cheap VMAs Performances. 

Seriously this song it's ******* Amazing, best single of 2016 and the best song Britney released in years and they made all this mistakes. 

**** You Larry, Make Me it's so ******* iconic, the song deserved rule at least the Top 5 of Billboard Hot 100 for 2 months. 

i agree, i was listening to Make Me without distractions the other day and i was thinking "man this song is really good!" and it went down the drain

even though the songs are not 'ground breaking' nor 'trend setters', 90% of the album is solid and very good to listen to. it helps that I rearranged my song list :forkit:

4 minutes ago, Santiago said:

the best song she has released in years????

work ***** says hi.

Work ***** it's good, but Make Me it's a masterpiece, timeless, feel fresh and screams ROTY (better than Hello, or Formation & Work) 

1 hour ago, Mohd93 said:

Finally, someone realizes this! 

Make Me is a masterpiece, period. This era was handled badly. I do blame her team/label but I blame her as well. 

Scrapping the video was the biggest mistake they've done. Then, the cheap photoshoot, the lack of effective promotion, and especially not promoting the album at any big award show. 

The VMA performance kinda sucks, let's be real. It's not a Britney Spears VMA PERFORMANCE. They made it seem like it's going to be the most epic performance of the night from the PROMO video they've shown. Couldn't Britney step in and say "hey, this my first vma performance in a long time, let's do something better, let's make a great dance routine, I wanna give it my all for this performance etc." and couldn't Larry have said something like "why don't we add two or three more songs from the album into this performance? the VMA is just a day after the album release, it'll do wonders for the album sales!" 

But no, they keep doing mediocre things :byebitch:

I feel your pain :meltdown:

15 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I do not believe for a second that Britney was fighting for this video to be released and her team was the one that wouldn't release it.

This tbfh.:meltdown: I cant imagine it too.:meltdown:

14 hours ago, Borja said:

Here we go again.

There is no new staff to coment so something we have to do.:brit:

Archived