The Official 'Britney Ever After' Discussion Post

Jordan Miller

6 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Actually, technically they can. "Britney Spears" is trademarked, so if they're using her name in a movie and profiting off it they can sue.

not unless they paid the license to use the name and songs. that's not up to her team to approve it, there are other entities that handle that

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think celebs and public figures can do much about it. Like I remember in communications law class (a million years ago blah) learning about this type of stuff. And there's something that protects journalists and filmmakers and other media from legal action. Like that's why so many unauthorized biographies can be written and biopics can be done without the parties approval. I think only if it negatively affects her image. But all they are doing is covering public info. Nothing we don't already know happened so..

1 hour ago, Maryy said:

i mean... it will be awful af. it will try to change her public image. it's a Lifetime movie with some random and tacky actors and actresses... :eheeek:

i think it is safe to say, even before we watch it, that it will modify the nostalgic and inner image that we have about her, i guess.

what can we expect at this point? :decisions:

didn't she have a word to say about this whole thing? :beynah:i know it's a non-official biopic and unauthorised film but come on... she should had fight against this thing if she can guess that it will be a major mess. :decisions:

idk, just some thoughts about it. 

She's had 20 years of the media non stop talking about her, following her, leaking information.

Nothing in this movie is anything that hasn't been said already. I doubt she cares because it's just more trash in the media.

Plus from the trailers and interviews it doesn't look like a malicious movie anyway. You guys are being so overdramatic. 

If you don't like it don't watch it. But from the trailers we've seen I think it will do Britney justice tbh

I almost wonder what Justin Timberlake will say once this is all said and done.  Will he come to Britney's defense if the breakup is portrayed wrong?  Will the whole breakup thing be probed in to again?  I know it is going to be spun to make her look like the bad guy, I just hope that he would have the balls to step up and at least say there were a lot of inaccuracies in the film. 

1 hour ago, Maryy said:

i mean... it will be awful af. it will try to change her public image. it's a Lifetime movie with some random and tacky actors and actresses... :eheeek:

i think it is safe to say, even before we watch it, that it will modify the nostalgic and inner image that we have about her, i guess.

what can we expect at this point? :decisions:

didn't she have a word to say about this whole thing? :beynah:i know it's a non-official biopic and unauthorised film but come on... she should had fight against this thing if she can guess that it will be a major mess. :decisions:

idk, just some thoughts about it. 

It won't change any image I have about her because I won't watch it. She already released a statement through her publicists stating her complete disapproval of this movie.

True fans won't watch the movie. Simple.

16 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

She's had 20 years of the media non stop talking about her, following her, leaking information.

Nothing in this movie is anything that hasn't been said already. I doubt she cares because it's just more trash in the media.

Plus from the trailers and interviews it doesn't look like a malicious movie anyway. You guys are being so overdramatic. 

If you don't like it don't watch it. But from the trailers we've seen I think it will do Britney justice tbh

So are you saying that Britney is overdramatic as well? The movie does NOT have her blessing. That already says a lot.

9 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

So are you saying that Britney is overdramatic as well? The movie does NOT have her blessing. That already says a lot.

You literally just proved my point of over-dramatic by reaching for a way to show that I'm somehow shading Britney on a Britney Spears stan forum :blol:

Just because it doesn't have her blessing it doesn't mean that lifetime have bad intentions. If anything they're trying to show what really happened with the most reliable information they can find. And let's be real. Do you really think a big company like Lifetime are gonna risk going to court or being shutdown if they thought their sources were unreliable? :blol:

Seriously just calm down. We haven't seen the script, Britney hasn't seen the script. Just because she is in the industry it doesn't mean that she can snap her fingers and find out info whenever she wants. She's as much in the dark as we are. 

Of course she's wary of it, we all would be in this situation. But chill the **** out. 

There was nothing she or her team could do, even if they wanted to. She is a public figure, which means defamation lawsuits are nearly impossible to win. Court precedent has set different standards that need to be met for defamation between private and public figures. Britney would have to prove intentional malice was committed, meaning she needed to show definitively that Lifetime only wanted destroy her imagine, which would be impossible to prove.

-me, a lawyer (tax lawyer tho)

Insiders & Critics that have already seen the movie say that the overall message reveals how strong &  resilient  Britney is & actually really focuses on how the business & the media really let her down. 

Regardless of the movie's quality (which looks like it will be just as bad as you can imagine) I think that overall the movie will be a big ratings hit, it will generate huge social buzz & I think it will end up being a gift to Britney & team. Following the films premeire weekend Britney's music catalog will see a boost in streaming/sales & will reignite public interest. They would be wise to try & jump on the wave & use it to their advantage. 

Just now, Onyx1126 said:

Insiders & Critics that have already seen the movie say that the overall message reveals how strong &  resilient  Britney is & actually really focuses on how the business & the media really let her down. 

Regardless of the movie's quality (which looks like it will be just as bad as you can imagine) I think that overall the movie will be a big ratings hit, it will generate huge social buzz & I think it will end up being a gift to Britney & team. Following the films premeire weekend Britney's music catalog will see a boost in streaming/sales & will reignite public interest. They would be wise to try & jump on the wave & use it to their advantage. 

POM tickets for September-December will be announced. I'm calling it 

On 2/15/2017 at 8:49 PM, BritintheZone said:

She only posted that cause she already had the role and was finished fliming 

as for dragging :shameless: idk it depends how she protrays her and acts. Ofc the script is a big part of how an actor protrays a character but they still have a lot of freemdom 

tbh I like her but idk :shameless: 

Just keep in mind that if the actress turns out to look untalented af, it might be the director's fault.

Archived