I can't believe Slumber Party flopped

BoyToySoldier

@BoyToySoldier Slumba Party is my fav of Godry, maybe the GP love the song but Britney image nowadays is sad... she really needs to sing live... sadly... but I've heard people (including my flop bf) saying things like: "her music is good but I don't like Britney because she is a singer and she doesn't sing live" ... I hope she reacts very soon and give us an amazing live performance. :slayney:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not surprised it flopped. It was a terrible choice as a single.

However, for me SP flopping, meant peaking at top 50 at least. I never thought it was gonna be worse than Perfume :sassybrit:

It was not a terrible choice . Let's be real no other single would've done well people just are not into her anymore she's not relevant in today's time . Celebrities do too much these days. it's so different than it was early on. now you have to be a fashionista and a musician and all this extra stuff besides the talent and she doesn't rly do much of that , which is fine !

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not surprised it flopped. It was a terrible choice as a single.

However, for me SP flopping, meant peaking at top 50 at least. I never thought it was gonna be worse than Perfume :sassybrit:

It was a good choice as a single

It flopped only because the label decided to not go further since she's recording another album

If there was not another album coming then SP would be a hit

23 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

It was not a terrible choice . Let's be real no other single would've done well people just are not into her anymore she's not relevant in today's time . Celebrities do too much these days. it's so different than it was early on. now you have to be a fashionista and a musician and all this extra stuff besides the talent and she doesn't rly do much of that , which is fine !

That album is filled with good singles

Music always sells itself, don't need all those gimmicks to get folks into the music

You say folks are not into her, Make Me peaked at #17 on the hot100 and did well on itunes, so folks still check for her

2 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

That album is filled with good singles

Music always sells itself, don't need all those gimmicks to get folks into the music

You say folks are not into her, Make Me peaked at #17 on the hot100 and did well on itunes, so folks still check for her

It doesn't sell itself anymore. 

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Gurl bye, with proper promo the song would have smashed.

Even certain people I know that aren't generally fond of Britney's music enjoy the song.

I agree. Although now for the sake of her career it might be time to bring back max Martin.  As much as I would LOVE a REAL artsy fartsy unrbaney album she needs a surefire hit first. 

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Gurl bye, with proper promo the song would have smashed.

Even certain people I know that aren't generally fond of Britney's music enjoy the song.

It's a great album track, or like, a 4th, or hypothetical 5th single.

DYWCO, Liar, and many other should've been released instead. Or at least before SP. None of them would've smashed, but at least Top 60, maybe? And perhaps they would've adventure to release at least one more single.

I always thought an amazing video could save any song, and I still believe it. Britney just has passed that point for what I see; she can't even be saved by a great video anymore, she needs an extreme solution. She needs something more than just a song with a trendy sound and chill vibe. And I don't have nothing against Tinashe, she's ok, and she's all of us leaving the dream of a fan, but that collaboration didn't help Britney's career at all. Again, she needs something bigger and better.

And as I always say, I wouldn't give a damn about charts or sales if I knew she's releasing many singles per album no matter their chart performance. But it's the second time in a row they do bad choices, bad timing, bad planning, etc, they screw up the singles' performances themselves, and on top of that, or as a consequence, they kill any chance for the rest of the songs to be known by the public, as if it was some sort of punishment, caused by their own mistakes. And who cares about the public, just the chance of us, her fans, having more of her amazing music videos, potentially new performances, etc.

In the specific case of Slumber Party, I don't think even with heavy promo it would've been a hit. You just know when a song is an instant hit. The fact that they even had to include another artist and change the original song indicates that even they knew the song was lacking something (I think the solo version is better though). Or take that VMA performance of Make Me..., they had to mix it up with a song that wasn't even Britney's. And this wasn't the VMA's 00 case, where she used Satisfaction as an intro to Oops. This time arounf, Me, Myself and I was basically the climax of the performance. Again, that means that they didn't even think the original song was outstanding enough on its own.

They would've never done something like that for Womanizer, or I Wanna Go, or Scream & Shout, TTWE, WB, etc if she performed them on their respective years. Those songs just have that something that doesn't leave space for second thoughts, their hit factor is just undeniable. You can smell it and taste it since the first second you listen to them. And the closest to that feeling that I've got in years from a Britney song was with DYWCO and before that, Tom's Diner. MOTM got me in tears the first time I listened to it, but I do recognize that case was more of a reaction more specific of me.

I figured it wouldn't do well just because people are not into her right now. I think it had the best chance of being a hit out of the whole album and if it were someone elses song it would have been a hit. When the video came out and it was soooo good and people seemed to actually be watching it and giving it a chance I kinda got my hopes up a little bit though. I don't think the music is a big factor right now I feel like whatever she releases will flop because her image is so "uncool". It would even be better if she were completely unknown because at least there wouldn't be that bad image attached to her name.

45 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She's not interested in moving backwards, so you can cancel that idea

She's gone backwards multiple times in her career. Why stop now? And even though he is more mainstream, most of his songs are still better than most of Glory. i say that even though I really liked the album. It just didn't hit the nail on the head.

34 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's a great album track, or like, a 4th, or hypothetical 5th single.

DYWCO, Liar, and many other should've been released instead. Or at least before SP. None of them would've smashed, but at least Top 60, maybe? And perhaps they would've adventure to release at least one more single.

I always thought an amazing video could save any song, and I still believe it. Britney just has passed that point for what I see; she can't even be saved by a great video anymore, she needs an extreme solution. She needs something more than just a song with a trendy sound and chill vibe. And I don't have nothing against Tinashe, she's ok, and she's all of us leaving the dream of a fan, but that collaboration didn't help Britney's career at all. Again, she needs something bigger and better.

And as I always say, I wouldn't give a damn about charts or sales if I knew she's releasing many singles per album no matter their chart performance. But it's the second time in a row they do bad choices, bad timing, bad planning, etc, they screw up the singles' performances themselves, and on top of that, or as a consequence, they kill any chance for the rest of the songs to be known by the public, as if it was some sort of punishment, caused by their own mistakes. And who cares about the public, just the chance of us, her fans, having more of her amazing music videos, potentially new performances, etc.

In the specific case of Slumber Party, I don't think even with heavy promo it would've been a hit. You just know when a song is an instant hit. The fact that they even had to include another artist and change the original song indicates that even they knew the song was lacking something (I think the solo version is better though). Or take that VMA performance of Make Me..., they had to mix it up with a song that wasn't even Britney's. And this wasn't the VMA's 00 case, where she used Satisfaction as an intro to Oops. This time arounf, Me, Myself and I was basically the climax of the performance. Again, that means that they didn't even think the original song was outstanding enough on its own.

They would've never done something like that for Womanizer, or I Wanna Go, or Scream & Shout, TTWE, WB, etc if she performed them on their respective years. Those songs just have that something that doesn't leave space for second thoughts, their hit factor is just undeniable. You can smell it and taste it since the first second you listen to them. And the closest to that feeling that I've got in years from a Britney song was with DYWCO and before that, Tom's Diner. MOTM got me in tears the first time I listened to it, but I do recognize that case was more of a reaction more specific of me.

this x 100000000000

Archived