I can't believe Slumber Party flopped

BoyToySoldier

It frustrates and saddens me at the same time.  I for sure thought the song would blow up on radios it's catchy as hell and the remix was even better.  Something just isn't right.   It had to do with promo but the main fact is the radio hosts/DJS pretty much ignored her and refuse to play her why I don't know.  

Her team let the floppage happen... they sat there and did nothing. They ruined Make mes potential impact of being a huge hit but scrapping a great video for a

Hannah Montana meets Miley cyrus bs 

Im pissed at her team and label for ruining such a beautiful album and era.  GLORY is up there with in the zone and blackout and it's Brits  biggest flop.   It's not completely her fault either.. it takes two to tango 

When I thought her team couldn't get any worse after Britney jean... this time around they have an amazing album.. Britney's  best in years and it's "her baby".  

And this is the treatment it gets. Absolute crap. 

They are ruining her legacy and her Pop power 

shes losing fans because of their screw ups. Instead of them taking up for their mistakes and wrong doing and bad decisions....  Larry comes up with some bs excuse... "it just didn't work"

EXCUSE ME *****??? We as fans don't deserve to be told that after all the support and anticipation we CONSTANTLY have.

**** her team and label.  I wish she could just leave  them both.  THey are treating her fans with the upmost disrespect. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

She's gone backwards multiple times in her career. Why stop now? And even though he is more mainstream, most of his songs are still better than most of Glory. i say that even though I really liked the album. It just didn't hit the nail on the head.

She's not moving backwards

Deal with it

i thought a song that good would hit the top 20, maybe 30 with no promo. like its a great song. 

no one wants britney for great songs though - they want her for dance banger filler. cause no one in the gp will vouch for britneys like, legit song ability. ppl are sheep and just listen to trap **** now, no one wants to defend a pretty southern white woman with two kids. **** the gp. they missed out on a great album. 

my one friend chirped britney to me the other week lmao and its still bothering me cause it's like ya'll were there for the femme fatale era and not now? the music is better than it was then!

like i said....ppl are sheep. 

let's be real, it all started before Glory wasn't even released. All the mess this era was. Drama regarding the video shoot, an alternative video that's really awful for Britney's standards (even the edited Perfume was a better video), missed opportunities such as premiering it at an award show, awful album announcement (it was like "oh hey here's my album in 3 weeks bye!"!), awful cover, ...

did we really expect to gain a massive hit or anything neat at all after this mess? :gloria::gloria:

She needs to sit down with a decent marketing team and such. WHERE ARE THE CIRCUS PEOPLE? We and the world needs her to perform on GMA, Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen, a world tour, A special VEVO series of special performances, AMA's, PCA's (why the hell does she barely perform there when's winnnig big time at that show lately???), ...

She needs to be seen and heard EVERYWHERE so it has no excuse of failing. Okay she did the BBMA's, VMA's, Jingle bash and such but except from the VMA's (which was a boring Britney performance, she can do A LOT BETTER), she basically only performed mini Vegas shows.

WE NEED FRESH AND NEW PERFORMANCES OF "SLUMBER PARTY" EVERYWHERE. 

Just end Vegas already.

10 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Gurl bye, with proper promo the song would have smashed.

Even certain people I know that aren't generally fond of Britney's music enjoy the song.

yup, my friends who are 100% not INTO Britney or pop music said that the song is very good. I still see random people on facebook sharing the song...

She needs a new team ASAP. Larry is killing her career. Someone like Britney needs a great team like Beyoncé, JT.

Its crazy how Britney was much bigger than Beyoncé or JT and now she is irrelevant and they so successful. I seriously I can't. **** You Larry.

Britney find a new team and release B10 late this year with Pop Bangers Singles. 

Just now, mathewlovesbritney said:

it makes me pretty upset thinking that its not a hit.. i dont know what the GP wants any more

The GP kinda likes it tho, it's the lack of promotion (surprise surprise) that's causing the low rates.

The video is amazing too so that ain't the problem. It's just like with her previous album it's almost like she never released it because she isn't doing anything with it...and Vegas really doesn't count cause 99% of the people attending her shows are fans

to be fair, i never thought SP would turn into a huge hit on its own.

it's cool, but lyrically one of the least interesting on the entire record and the sound isn't groundbreaking either. 

the fact that they have stuff like "if i'm dancing" and "liar" on the album, and chose to release another slow jam with zero promo. :meltdown:

Spoiler

btw, tinasha didn't help at all. she should stop collabing with people unless they're going to contribute smth interesting to the songs.

29 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

- Her BIGGEST HIT of 2017 

- Her SECOND BIGGEST HIT of 2016

- Top 90 hit on Hot 100

- Several high profile performances

- Radio interviews = promotion

- Amazing music video with over 50 million views in just a few months

- A huge sales and streaming boost for Glory 

:uknowit:

what a hit tbh :riri: when will Toxic and BOMT?

Archived