In the Zone, Blackout, and Glory make up the holy trinity

Urbanney

Not because they're my favorite albums, but because they're the most "Britney." She had the most direction and control on these three albums. These are the "true" Britney albums where they went the way she wanted vs her team/label choosing the direction and telling her what to sing. OIDIA, Circus, and FF might be your faves, but you can't deny, these albums show Britney's style, personality, and art the most. 

I don't know why I felt like making an entire thread just to say this, but just felt I had to point it out.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She literally just recorded a bunch of songs for blackout...I'll never understand why people think she was so into it when her personal and professional life were a mess. After watching for the record, you could tell she was loving music again and excited to come back around the circus time. She also sounded like the old Britney and was dancing like the old Britney in Circus.

5 minutes ago, Derek08 said:

She literally just recorded a bunch of songs for blackout...I'll never understand why people think she was so into it when her personal and professional life were a mess. After watching for the record, you could tell she was loving music again and excited to come back around the circus time. She also sounded like the old Britney and was dancing like the old Britney in Circus.

She was the executive producer of Blackout. It was her first album without Larry overseeing and she experimented with different styles of music, the kinds that she enjoyed. It's the perfect evolution from what she did with In the Zone.

Literally every producer and writer that worked with her during Blackout was highly vocal about her professionalism and work ethic. Just because she was having a hard time in the public eye doesn't mean she wasn't able to get it together in the studio to craft the album directly from her feelings. That's exactly why she named the album "Blackout", it's referring to her blacking out all the negativity and just focusing on herself and the music.

My personal holy trinity is Blackout, Glory and Britney

While ITZ has Toxic and Everytime, the Britney album was a staple to Britney with tracks like I'm a Slave 4U ~ the first time Britney released a mature sounding dance track; also Overprotected and Not a Girl  ~ very strong tracks about her transitioning into more mature pop star. She was everywhere during the era it's crazy

#1 IN THE ZONE - great lyrics, great theme, great era, great smash tracks, great vocals, ballads, photoshoot, great everything from second 00:00 to the very last one. 

#2 BRITNEY/BLACKOUT - can't choose one of them because their full tracklists are single material. They could have randomly chosen whatever track and I would be ok with their choice. 

#3 FEMME FATALE - Dubstepney at her best. I never skip any of the songs. Sometimes TTWE because it's too repetitive but aside from that, no one. It's like a party, all of the songs make me wanna stan up and start dancing, I think it the album I have played the most from her when I was in High School.  

#4 OOPS - the peak of bubblegum pop, the single selection it's been the best from any era. 3 classics in one era, when will others? 

#5 CIRCUS - it means a lot to me because of what it was in 2008, it was intended to clean Britney's bad girl image. A few great tracks while the rest was just ok. At least the singles were amazing. The theme was totally unexpected for me, it really matched with the soft pop vibe of the whole album. 

#6 BABY - OMG! this is the album that introduced me to her, I swear the whole tracklist had me crazy when I was like 6 or 7 but now it doesn't. I used to play Crazy like 584837543982098478 times a day. 

#7 GLORY - great involment from her since like 06-07, it's a total twist from what we were used to listen from her but given the previous album it's a HUUUUUGE step. I did like it but as a whole not so much. Most of the tracks take you to the climax but then it takes you back to the slow sound, example: Just Luv me, Hard to forget you, Just like me, Private show, Love me down. I liked it but it's a bit monotonous for me. 

#8 BRITNEY JEAN - you may love it, you may hate it but it has some great tracks. If Glory would have had a bit (just a bit) of the energy BJ has, it would have been a perfect album.

the order may change sometimes as I listen to some of them again but the first 3, never do. 

16 hours ago, Million Billion said:

#1 IN THE ZONE - great lyrics, great theme, great era, great smash tracks, great vocals, ballads, photoshoot, great everything from second 00:00 to the very last one. 

#2 BRITNEY/BLACKOUT - can't choose one of them because their full tracklists are single material. They could have randomly chosen whatever track and I would be ok with their choice. 

#3 FEMME FATALE - Dubstepney at her best. I never skip any of the songs. Sometimes TTWE because it's too repetitive but aside from that, no one. It's like a party, all of the songs make me wanna stan up and start dancing, I think it the album I have played the most from her when I was in High School.  

#4 OOPS - the peak of bubblegum pop, the single selection it's been the best from any era. 3 classics in one era, when will others? 

#5 CIRCUS - it means a lot to me because of what it was in 2008, it was intended to clean Britney's bad girl image. A few great tracks while the rest was just ok. At least the singles were amazing. The theme was totally unexpected for me, it really matched with the soft pop vibe of the whole album. 

#6 BABY - OMG! this is the album that introduced me to her, I swear the whole tracklist had me crazy when I was like 6 or 7 but now it doesn't. I used to play Crazy like 584837543982098478 times a day. 

#7 GLORY - great involment from her since like 06-07, it's a total twist from what we were used to listen from her but given the previous album it's a HUUUUUGE step. I did like it but as a whole not so much. Most of the tracks take you to the climax but then it takes you back to the slow sound, example: Just Luv me, Hard to forget you, Just like me, Private show, Love me down. I liked it but it's a bit monotonous for me. 

#8 BRITNEY JEAN - you may love it, you may hate it but it has some great tracks. If Glory would have had a bit (just a bit) of the energy BJ has, it would have been a perfect album.

the order may change sometimes as I listen to some of them again but the first 3, never do. 

Are you just sharing your favorites or are you saying these are the most Britney to you? Because I only care for half of Glory, but it's completely her's. Femme Fatale I doubt she had any input at all. 

2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Are you just sharing your favorites or are you saying these are the most Britney to you? Because I only care for Glory, but it's completely her's. Femme Fatale I doubt she had any input at all. 

My favorites sweetie, ofc it implies #1 is my ultimate Britney album and #8 is the least I like, in that order :forkit:

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She was the executive producer of Blackout. It was her first album without Larry overseeing and she experimented with different styles of music, the kinds that she enjoyed. It's the perfect evolution from what she did with In the Zone.

Literally every producer and writer that worked with her during Blackout was highly vocal about her professionalism and work ethic. Just because she was having a hard time in the public eye doesn't mean she wasn't able to get it together in the studio to craft the album directly from her feelings. That's exactly why she named the album "Blackout", it's referring to her blacking out all the negativity and just focusing on herself and the music.

:kisses2all:

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

These hoes need to stop trying it with Blackout

Guest StrawberryKisses

IMO Glory doesn't really fit the trilogy.... It's Britney, but not Britney enough. No iconic songs, sorry :sassybrit:

BOMT, OOPS AND BRITNEY ARE THE TRILOGY :giggleney:

1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I'm sorry but I'm just gonna say it, Glory is not on the same level as either  ITZ or BO.

There's some really good songs on Glory that come near that level, but as a whole album it's just not on the same level. 

Well imo ITZ is the ultimate Britney album so nothing can touch it, but Blackout isn't all that I think it's highly overrated and fans only **** themselves over it because of the time in her life that she released it/because she exec produced it......it's not a flaw free album and imo it's not even her best album! 

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I love to think about her as a executive producer etc but I remember she had EP that left not so long before album premiere so they just put her name on it :meltdown:

Archived