The Essential is killing me

sibode

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think The Essential is sort of like an "unofficial" Greatest Hits compilation where only Brit's record label that was involved in releasing the album while Britney herself and her team were not - that's why there is no new single being released and no promotion from her team. Mariah Carey has it also

1 hour ago, IUSAtonight said:

Essential compilations are available for many other artists. I don't know who's releasing them but they do it for a long time i think. The MJ one is frequently on the bb200. 

I don't know either, but they are quite popular. They're handy for casual fans of particular artists, i.e. those who like the singles but wouldn't want to buy or listen to a whole album. I have The Essential Blondie on my iTunes as I like some of their songs but wouldn't like a full album and I have some of the MJ one. I guess it's like Greatest Hits albums. Some GH albums like ABBA Gold are 'essential' in that nearly everyone has them or should have them, at least in my opinion. Most people I know have ABBA Gold. I have it and my parents have it on CD and cassette.

i have the essential britney. i like it because it's 2 disc. so i have a cd of all early britney songs. they also include out from under and hot as ice which is awesomely random. it's also a way to have scream and shout on a britney cd - even tho i dont totally love the song personally. i dont mind the cover/it was right after the FF era so it made sense to use a promo capture from that time. 

27 minutes ago, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

I own that but I never play it because I have all the songs anyway. I just bought it for the collection because it's kinda unusual and random.

Yeah I bought it in 2012 . Nowadays I dont see it . I think we are lucky to have it :foh:

Archived