Slumber Party New Version by Selena Gomez?

OopsOverprotected

Do you think that if Katy Perry, Rihanna or Selena Gomez released "Slumber Party" - the exact same song under their name - would be more successful that it is?
If yes, why do you think is that?

Because I remember when that one song came out it was by Emeli Sandé and I remember on Youtube they uploaded that song under the name of Rihanna and everyone thought this is going to be Rihanna's new single. Well, what happened was that people loved that song & Emeli Sandé got more and more famous and her song was really popular. 

Maybe we should all upload Britney's songs under a different artist's name on Youtube haha maybe that would work as promo since her team doesn't do ****. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, IWillStillLoveYou said:

If they released the song they would've also heavily promoted it. So yes, it would be more popular.

Rihanna and promotion in same sentence? She rarely does that. Rihanna is just a streaming force and has good radio support. Even though her Anti pure sales are not the best, it's the most streamed album last year, or one of the.

And yes, I think they would all get more out of SP. Simply because they are constantly in GP's eyes and they're everywhere. Shows, TV, movies, actual world tours, some promo here and there. Meanwhile, Britney is doing POM. And GP doesn't even hear about her, just from time to time.

2 hours ago, IWillStillLoveYou said:

If they released the song they would've also heavily promoted it. So yes, it would be more popular.

Umm... most artists rarely do ANY promo these days.  Britney did a TON of promo for Glory in the beginning with 'Make Me...' and all the award show and tv show performances/interviews she did..... but her label or her team didn't really do their part with marketing.  For example, zero billboards, zero online banners, zero commercials on youtube, zero paid playlist inclusion, etc.  Britney should really fire her team or switch labels... because they're not giving her the promo she deserves.  The only thing I did think they do was pay for a 'trending' spot on YouTube since SlaymberParty was trending for like a week when it was released... but people do notice that trending videos aren't 'really' trending because you'll notice some trending videos with low view counts.  So they probably paid for a spot like most artists do.  That being said, the total view count is still pretty good for zero marketing.  :cinderellaney:

5 hours ago, IWillStillLoveYou said:

Even without promotion, they're just preferred by the GP right now, so of course it would've been more successful.

Btw, never thought about it, but SP perfectly fits Rihanna's voice. I rarely imagine a Britney song, sung by other artist, but I think SP would be perfect for Rihanna.

7 hours ago, marrecarney said:

Britney is doing POM. And GP doesn't even hear about her, just from time to time

I kinda think that may be why Vegas is ending this year, as she seems to be having the "get me the hell outta here" itch. I feel like she wants to get back out there. As she should. Maybe we'll be looking at different numbers if she steps up her game, sings more live, dances better and promotes

Archived