Giving Britney Jean a second chance

OopsOverprotected

6 hours ago, OopsOverprotected said:

I know everyone on here hates Britney Jean. I used to hate it too but as time passed and I had time to process (3 years haha) I came to the conclusion that the album ist not THAT BAD. It has lots of EDM vibes going on but I mean it's a good album. 
Alien is a nice ballad.
Work ***** is THE iconic gym song. 
Perfume (I personally don't like it but it did kind of ok in the charts)
It Should be easy, Tik Tik Boom, Body Ache, Til It's Gone are awesome club tunes. In the club I'd dance my *** off if these songs came on.
Passenger is a great pop song. 
Chillin' with you - ok that song is horrible. No excuses here. I bet this whole song is sung by Myah, it doesn't sound like Britney at all. 
Don't Cry has a cool country vibe. Not my fave tho. 
Brightest Morning Star - I don't like it, sounds like a Disney song.
Hold on Tight - AWESOME BALLAD. 
Now that I found you - doesn't sound like Britney either. I'm not here for it. And that cheap beat.. no thank you. Super Mario is calling - they want their background music back. 

I think we've been a little TOO critical with this album. Of course you can't compare BJ to the masterpieces Brit had before but it's not that horrible. 
Just wanted to say this. HAHA

Hahaha died laughing when you admitted "chilling with you" is horrible 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I have the album version without the glitch. Would you like it? I edited it from the lossless file on my CD and converted to iTunes+ so it's the same mastering as the rest of the Mastered for iTunes version of the album.

This would make me a very happy stan! I didn't know such a version does exist! 

I would be able to listen to a greet song again! The glitch bothers me every time .

Thanks in advance!

Too bad it took 3 years for you to realize, but I guess it's better late than never. :tbh:

Also, see what you did there? " Chillin' with you - ok that song is horrible. No excuses here. I bet this whole song is sung by Myah, it doesn't sound like Britney at all.  "

It's what I always say about the Myah topic, you and many others would say this, but I've also read a million times that CWY is one of the few songs she really sang (from Myah believers). So what's the truth? :xcuseme: When will ya'll stop with that and accept Britney Jean was just heavily edited, perhaps because it was produced by someone called will.i.am?

And NTIFY is amazing. :rihit:

I remember loving Passenger when it leaked. To find out later that there was Myah on it, such a big let down. I can't even listen to it nowadays. 

The edm / "dance" tracks are all hideous imo. ALL of them. 

Don't get me started with chillin with you. 

Alien and Hold on Tight are awesome songs and I love them, I also think they're underrated but I understand it is bc they're a part of britney's biggest mess. 
I love the verses in Don't cry but the chorus is... kkkkkkk

Work ***** is a ******* bop and I was so excited when the mv premiered. 

But overall I just get really pissed when I think about this album bc of Myah and enjoying 3 songs out of 12 from my fave is defentenly something I don't wanna repeat. 
I'm glad I love Glory.

I don't hate it, but definitely her worst album!! My favorite songs are Work ***** and Perfume. Body Ache has a nice beat but its a production mess!! 

I think lesson learned from her and the team because we got GLORY.. A masterpiece!! :brit::slayney: Unfortunately they haven't got the Promotion part of album down yet! Beggers can't be choosers :donewithit:

Archived