Giving Britney Jean a second chance

OopsOverprotected

I know everyone on here hates Britney Jean. I used to hate it too but as time passed and I had time to process (3 years haha) I came to the conclusion that the album ist not THAT BAD. It has lots of EDM vibes going on but I mean it's a good album. 
Alien is a nice ballad.
Work ***** is THE iconic gym song. 
Perfume (I personally don't like it but it did kind of ok in the charts)
It Should be easy, Tik Tik Boom, Body Ache, Til It's Gone are awesome club tunes. In the club I'd dance my *** off if these songs came on.
Passenger is a great pop song. 
Chillin' with you - ok that song is horrible. No excuses here. I bet this whole song is sung by Myah, it doesn't sound like Britney at all. 
Don't Cry has a cool country vibe. Not my fave tho. 
Brightest Morning Star - I don't like it, sounds like a Disney song.
Hold on Tight - AWESOME BALLAD. 
Now that I found you - doesn't sound like Britney either. I'm not here for it. And that cheap beat.. no thank you. Super Mario is calling - they want their background music back. 

I think we've been a little TOO critical with this album. Of course you can't compare BJ to the masterpieces Brit had before but it's not that horrible. 
Just wanted to say this. HAHA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CriminalLegend said:

The album is not THAT bad, the problem is Myah... I can't get over the fact that britney didn't sing HER own album! I was mad during femme fatale because she used a double body for a dance scene, that's even worse.

which scene? :ponderney:

I think the EDM songs are the worst of the album, they are missing something, and are a little annoying to hear more than once in a while. :squintney:

the ballads like don't cry, hold on tight, perfume, are amazing :foh:

I don't like alien at all, sounds unfinished :sassybrit:

And work ***** was perfect, till we knew Myah was behind a lot of the vocals on it...which I don't get why! It was so unnecesary :meltdown:

I've said this since it first came out - it's a decent pop album, it's just not up to Britney's standards. They obviously rushed it to get it out right before Vegas. They used an album to promote a show (usually it's the opposite and the show comes after the album is properly finished).

I still really enjoy a lot of songs on it - Alien, WB, ITBE, TIG... but it's definitely a little bump in her career, musically. Glory is way better - hopefully they learned their lesson.

Every time I try to give it another chance, I get pissed off because of the glitch in the first track of the album and I stop the whole intention of mine.

Some songs are good enough to be considered to be great Britney tracks but tbh, none of them entered my Alltime Top 50 Britney songs.

This album is more on a Rihanna album kind of level minus the obvious hits and well-produced tracks.

Especially, "Body Ache" is utterly horrendous and abysmal. I can't understand people trying to present this as a great EDM track.

Archived