Charli XCX Admits will.i.am Writes "Random Words" In His Verses

Jordan Miller

• Leader

"Nobody listens to the verse."

"Nobody listens to the verse."

will.i.am, the man behind reuniting the Black Eyed Peas with Nicole Scherzinger (*allegedly*) and ruining Britney Jean, was exposed by Charli XCX. In a new interview posted on her Facebook page, Charli opens up about hating 2014’s Sucker, how her forthcoming album “could change the sound of pop” and the cringeworthy revelation that will.i.am throws random **** into a verse and hopes for the best.

She labels him “amazing” then recalls his bizarre advice during a recording session:
“We were writing and he was like ‘the verse - just say random words. Nobody listens to the verse."

She added: “I thought, ‘Hm, interesting strategy.’ Then I listened again to his songs and I was like, ‘F—k, he actually does this! He really believes in this strategy! But it’s a really fun way to write songs.”

Cause baby, love, it should be easy. It shouldn't be complicated.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived