Adam Leber reminds us why we hate him so much

Body ache

OLk99uC.jpg

Who or what do you credit for *Britney Spears' comeback following her 2008 breakdown?

When her parents got involved, that changed everything. We spent so many years trying to get her back on track -- from a health perspective, not just a business perspective. It was a tumultuous time. When her father got back into her life, I personally think it saved her life. With that structure in place, we were able to rehabilitate her health and her career.

Her Piece of Me residency in Las Vegas will soon pass the $100 million mark. Was the widsom behind it related to the exorbitant costs of taking a pop show on the road?

It was more of a lifestyle decision than a financial one. Larry, Britney and I were in Australia when she told us she was getting a bit tired of touring for as long as she had, and coupled with the fact that she's a mother, she was getting wary but she still wanted to perform. So I started to think about all the territories where you could do a standalone show: New York, London, China maybe, but Vegas is so transient. The challenge was that there were no contemporary acts in Vegas -- it was where artists went to die, to a certain degree, or you were a heritage act at the height and she wasn't there yet.

You are not a fan of exclusive deals -- why?

Because I don't believe you should *punish your audience for choosing a platform they like. Artists are cutting off a *significant percentage of their audience. It's like you just smacked that kid for making a *decision on technology. That's not fair. You want consumption, and by closing off part of your *audience, you're only hurting yourself. With Britney's *[latest] record, a *nonexclusive was the way to go.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/7581590/mavericks-adam-leber-on-britneys-comeback-why-miley-is-the-most-passionate

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I don't see the issue? :weirdmeout:

But I don't like Adam either :squintney:

First he says she has kids but then thinks of ways to move her away from her kids: "So I started to think about all the territories where you could do a standalone show: New York, London, China"

Vegas was Britney's idea not his and the way he speaks about her breakdown is not necessary. He also has BJ on his wall. :weirdmeout:

He is ruining her legacy Ughhh

1 minute ago, Body ache said:

First he says she has kids but then thinks of ways to move her away from her kids: "So I started to think about all the territories where you could do a standalone show: New York, London, China"

Vegas was Britney's idea not his and the way he speaks about her breakdown is not necessary. He also has BJ on his wall. :weirdmeout:

He is ruining her legacy Ughhh

I don't think he said anything bad about the breakdown tbh.

2 minutes ago, GaSt said:

So she told them she didn't want to tour anymore in 2009 (Australia) and even so they made her tour for Femme Fatale

:idkney: I never even thought about this until you mentioned.

No wonder she look pissed af all the way through 2011

3 minutes ago, neydelina said:

wow, seriously?

Yep. And as much as we all hate Adam, what has been consistent since he left working with Britney for Miley in August 2013?

• Work ***** underperformed
  • Perfume music video was a tragedy
  • Myah Marie was slapped on Britney Jean
  • Insane over-focus on Piece Of Me, not any Britney Jean promotion
  • Britney Jean FLOPPED harder than Perfume the song
  • 2 singles
  • Pretty Girls underperformed
  • Tom's Diner didn't get a music video
  • Glory, while amazing, is severely underperforming despite substantial amounts of promotion

And what did Britney have while working with Adam from 2008 to 2013?

• 4 #1 US singles
  • 2 #1 US albums
  • 2 immensely successful tours
  • Constant promotional appearances and performances
  • 9 Top 20 singles
  • The second-biggest hit of her career (S&S)
  • A stint as a judge on a singing competition
  • NO PROBLEMS WITH MUSIC VIDEOS BEING SCRAPPED AND/OR WATERED DOWN

Larry is the problem here. Adam may be a shady kunt, but at least he gets **** done. Hell, look at 1999 to 2003 when Johnny Wright was in charge, compare it to 2008 to 2013 when Adam was in charge, and compare both of those to 2013 to 2016 when Larry's been in charge. :zoomzoom: The results are shocking, sis.

42 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Yep. And as much as we all hate Adam, what has been consistent since he left working with Britney for Miley in August 2013?

• 2 singles
  • Glory, while amazing, is severely underperforming despite substantial amounts of promotion

• 4 #1 US singles
  • 2 #1 US albums
  • 9 Top 20 singles

Larry is the problem here. Adam may be a shady kunt, but at least he gets **** done. Hell, look at 1999 to 2003 when Johnny Wright was in charge, compare it to 2008 to 2013 when Adam was in charge, and compare both of those to 2013 to 2016 when Larry's been in charge. :zoomzoom: The results are shocking, sis.

Mess. She needs new ppl

3 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

• 2 singles

• 4 #1 US singles
  • 2 #1 US albums
  • 9 Top 20 singles

She should have kept Johnny to herself but instead hes managing JT until today :meltdown:

I bet she kept Larry bc she knows him since 95 :byebitch:

4 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

• 2 singles

• 4 #1 US singles
  • 2 #1 US albums
  • 9 Top 20 singles

:mhm::mhm:

I mean, the guy comes off like a total douche, but he's good at what he does.

4 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

• 2 singles

• 4 #1 US singles
  • 2 #1 US albums
  • 9 Top 20 singles

Damn. Now I'm pissed all over again. 

why didnt u add this part tho, you only mention the part he trashes vegas yet not the part where he mentions they achieve to make it cool to be in vegas

We wanted to build the ultimate pregame destination in Vegas, so we played with this idea of a hybrid nightclub and a theater. Planet Hollywood was the only one that had a venue they were planning to gut and renovate. Our audience, which is 21 to 45, they're not using Vegas to go to a show. Maybe they go to dinner but they're going out to party. We wanted to make a perfectly timed show where you can comem, get f---ed up, and then go out at night and it's working incredibly well.

Archived