Was the 2006/2007 Britney paparazzi craze the worst its been for any artist in history?

greenbear89

I am watching the "Miss American Dream" Britney biopic (which is phenomenally put together) and feel claustrophobic just watching how horrible the paparazzi were to Britney in 2006/2007. I literally feel like im suffocating watching the 50-100 paparazzi following her every move 24/7 I can't imagine what it was like for her! Has any celebrity ever had it as bad as Britney? It seems like nowadays no celebrity is followed or harassed by paparazzi the way Britney was. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Lonely-*** said:

Idk, I used to think that but a lot of Spanish celebrities get that treatment in Mexico. The paparazzi are loud, they interrupt you and stick the microphone up nostrils. 

Spanish celebrities in Mexico, like who? :idkney:

Here in Mexico things were awful a fey years ago, but it was more on press and tv shows talking about celebritie's private lives, but I've never seen nothing close to what Britney went through. Like I've never seen people getting followed by that amount of paparazzi here, or anywhere else, 24/7 like with Britney. Probably Lady Di? Michael Jackson? I really don't know, because I don't remember, I wasn't aware of their situations back then, but with Britney was an extreme situation, something out of this world :donewithit:

MJ definitely, Lindsay Lohan, Lady Diana, Marilyn Monroe- basically anyone who was really succesptible (sweet, quiet, charismatic, talented)

19 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Marilyn Monroe got the same kind of paps when she was released from treatment. But to be honest in America, I think they only one who has rivaled her was Kim Kardashian, especially since her robbery.

why did you downvote @Lonely-*** for no reason lol ? :nothavingit:

Nobody (except MJ and maybe Marylin Monroe) got this level of attention from the paparazzi. Her situation was so horrible that it's legendary. They have become a HUGE part of her everyday life at the time.

I hate it when people say "she shouldn't have chosen to be famous if she can't handle it". She chose to sing and dance (what she loves to do), not to be famous and be stalked 24/7. Everybody is acting like all A-list celebs are getting the level of attention and pressure from the media that Britney got. 

1 minute ago, Lonely-*** said:

I guess they hound them at airports and **** but I don't know which celebrities they are. I see it as i pass by the TV when my mother watches Gordo y la Flaca. 

:hehehe:

Yeah, I guess. I mean, think of any celebrity and I'm sure it must be a big deal, at airports, or leaving hotels, when they just finished a concert or something, but then they go home and it all stops. Britney wasn't even doing anything musically at the time, she was being followed at the public restrooms, at the store, crying at her home; she wasn't doing anything that deserved that level of intrusion or that justified the media being there. And as someone already said, it reached a point where they became part of her life. I remember that video where she lost her memory card or something , and they're all helping her to find it, and many other clips when they interact as if it was the most normal thing. It was a sick relationship, it was an insane, surreal situation. I mean, wasn't her boyfriend at the time a paparazzi in the beginning? :embarrassney:

Why are people saying lilo? Yes she was hounded by the paps but not really anymore than say Paris Hilton or Amanda Byrnes neither of them came close to Britneys harassment. I'd say princess Diana and Michael are the only ones who were on par with Britneys paps problem. Kim kardashian is close but the difference is she seeks it. She craves the paps to take pictures of her. She wants her life to be captured on camera and make all the money in the world. Britney just wanted to be left alone. I think the attitude the paps have with Kim is also very different then they were with Britney. 

32 minutes ago, JKW said:

Nonsense. Lindsay Lohan and Kim are still alive 

lindsay's was not as bad and her paps stalking moment was kinda short-termed (esp. when she go in and out of court). kim wants the attention so if anything she's happy rn

4 hours ago, Mohd93 said:

Nobody (except MJ and maybe Marylin Monroe) got this level of attention from the paparazzi. Her situation was so horrible that it's legendary. They have become a HUGE part of her everyday life at the time.

I hate it when people say "she shouldn't have chosen to be famous if she can't handle it". She chose to sing and dance (what she loves to do), not to be famous and be stalked 24/7. Everybody is acting like all A-list celebs are getting the level of attention and pressure from the media that Britney got. 

That's why I feel like the money would be amazing but the rest of being famous would suck ***. 

I still give credit to Charlie Sheen for making me unplug from the media machine. Like him or hate him, it disturbed me how I really think people were hoping something really bad would happen. I saw the drastic difference in how Britney versus Charlie were being thought of when it concerns the general population. Britney was like the most hated person in the world for going through her rough spell and the attitude with Charlie was "lulz, I can't wait to see what that crazy nut does next! Bring it on, Charlie!"

I still picture the image of Britney out in her car and her car is literally swarmed by the paps. Absolutely mind blowing and not in a good way either.

Archived