Photographer On Set Of Britney's "Gimme More" Music Video Recalls The Mysterious Shoot

Jordan Miller

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The part where he mentioned about Britney giving her that dorky face, I almost cried. Like after all she's been going through that time, she was able to pull off a old piece if her that we loved (and is still loving) so much.

On a lighter note, that actually reminded me of this: :dorkney:

I don't know, but I'll always feel so bad with everything related to this video. I still believe they should've waited a little longer, or a like LOT longer (in Britney's British accent), like til the next year or something. She wasn't in the best place physically nor mentally. It was a chaotic time, so actually it didn't turn out as bad as it could.

But I see these pictures, and I don't even see Britney Spears, it's like a totally different person. Look at the 6th picture, it's like FFney. And even though I love cats, and have lived with cats since I was born, it's so weird to see her with a cat, that's totally the opposite of Britney Spears lol (reminds me of that other FF picture with a cat too). It's not like she hates them, but she's stated her whole career she's a dog person, if she had the chance to have an animal for the video, the real Britney would've picked a puppy :P No but seriously, the whole Blackout thing is so un-Britney. But I would be interested to see what she thinks about it now :verycool:. Like, I'm curious how she would react if someone asked her on those interviews, like "oh, how was it shooting the GM video?" like when they ask about the Oops outfit, etc. She would be like "it was horrible!!" britney_spears___shut_up__by_pokemonspea:hype: jk

12 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Except she'd literally fired EVERYONE on her team the year before, and only Sam and her cousin were with her at this time. :lessons: Ugh, I can't with the ignorance of new stans.

Doesn't change the fact that Britney surrounds herself -well, used to- with the shittiest of people :yeahsure: And as soon as people get close to her they take over and do whatever they want with her. And the goal is always the same: MONEY :nochillbrit:

Guest Dexmorgan89
49 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Doesn't change the fact that Britney surrounds herself -well, used to- with the shittiest of people :yeahsure: And as soon as people get close to her they take over and do whatever they want with her. And the goal is always the same: MONEY :nochillbrit:

I really don't like how people comment about her team and especially her Dad most of the times on these forums. If you've been around for a longer time, you'd know the dark and absolute rock bottom Britney had hit in 2007. I mean it breaks my heart to say this but she really needed the conservatorship. I applaud her dad and Larry for standing by her and giving her the required support. Its very easy for us to sit her and blame them for poor sales or scrapped videos but lets just give perspective to the fact that she does have a say on mostly everything and its her right to say No, I didn't like this video, scrap it. In the present scenario it gives me immense pleasure to see her getting back on her feet and getting the required creative freedom to express her self. Its been a long and rewarding process but lets also not forget the fact that there was a time when she was in a state of mind that didn't really allow her to make the most sensible decisions and that where her team has helped and stood by her. 

That’s what’s made it so mysterious — pictures have leaked, and paparazzi shots, and kind of just word of mouth that there were other things. And what ended up coming was not a lot of those scenes. So everyone’s always been like “What happened on set?”

what pictures are thay talking about on here? like what did leak that lead people expect something different than what we had at the end of the day? 

This part tho:

It was more like a vibe, and sort of seeing her just kind of seem — I hate to use the word “victim” — but almost kind of a…willing participant victim, I guess you could say. You know? You know what you’re signing up for when you get in this business for the most part, and then when you get in, it’s a different thing. Some people can handle it and some people can’t. There’s a lot of people who have nothing but dollar signs on their mind, so you’ve got to keep your circle small.

1 hour ago, f_rhythm said:

That’s what’s made it so mysterious — pictures have leaked, and paparazzi shots, and kind of just word of mouth that there were other things. And what ended up coming was not a lot of those scenes. So everyone’s always been like “What happened on set?”

what pictures are thay talking about on here? like what did leak that lead people expect something different than what we had at the end of the day? 

Several more set- pieces from inside, and a bunch of pictures of her as well. But already at the moment of the video- shoot I remember "backround info/ storylines" were leaked and from that very moment for example the funderal- scene was mentioned. Back then the song people thought she shot the video for was Get Back, which later on turned out to be included as a bonustrack on Blackout.

What I think is intresting, too, is that there were two days of shooting with one of the dates being in like July and the next later on in August 2007. The opening- scene with Britney in the blonde wig with the dancers by the bar was shot during day 2 in august. But the dance- scene(only pictures of this leaked), the stripperpole- scenes and the OK! Magazine- shoot took place on day 1 earlier that summer. There are pictures of her arriving at the set for OK! that day in the black mini- dress(funeral- outfit) she wore when walking down the sidewalk in the video.

1 hour ago, NiceSpears said:

Several more set- pieces from inside, and a bunch of pictures of her as well. But already at the moment of the video- shoot I remember "backround info/ storylines" were leaked and from that very moment for example the funderal- scene was mentioned. Back then the song people thought she shot the video for was Get Back, which later on turned out to be included as a bonustrack on Blackout.

What I think is intresting, too, is that there were two days of shooting with one of the dates being in like July and the next later on in August 2007. The opening- scene with Britney in the blonde wig with the dancers by the bar was shot during day 2 in august. But the dance- scene(only pictures of this leaked), the stripperpole- scenes and the OK! Magazine- shoot took place on day 1 earlier that summer. There are pictures of her arriving at the set for OK! that day in the black mini- dress(funeral- outfit) she wore when walking down the sidewalk in the video.

So only pics of the dance scenes leaked? What about the pics of her laying on the bed with a cat? Also why didnt they shoot the funeral scene? Any rumor about it? I mean its pointless to have two different persona leading to nowhere :mhm:

i hate her n her teamso much sometimes, like what would have happened if they shot the funeral scene? What were they thinking,like world would come to the end or something :mhm: 

On 12/10/2016 at 8:00 PM, NiceSpears said:

You mean about the choreographed dance- scene with her in the jeans- vest? There is pictures of it and I talked to the girls and a guy from the camera- team back in the day. 

It also makes sense as this guy talks about a dance- scene which "those girls killed", something they pulled of that someone being drunk or on ***** couldnt. He's talking about choreo not the stripperpole- scene. And Britney was sceen at The Millenium Dance Complex just prior to the shoot for a few times, she did have rehearsals for this video.

I'd love to see it. Like, really.

Britney has so much mistery. That's what keeps it interesting.

Archived