"Make me" is Britney's best single since ...?

Dinirocal

Being more focused on the melodic aspect this time and with a non-autotune more natural approach there's no doubt "Make me" is one of Britney's best singles in years. 

IMO its her best single since the epic "Piece of me", which means its her best in 9 years for me. 

What about you? You consider "Make me" her best single since...?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since never, it's a good song but it was never a good lead single. Its music video was the only chance to be a hit in Britney's career but well, you know...

It's like MATM is not a bad song but having Toxic it wasn't the best idea. Make me is not bad but easily "Better" or "Do you wanna come over" were the most appropriate tracks to open this new era. 

2 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Since never, it's a good song but it was never a good lead single. Its music video was the only chance to be a hit in Britney's career but well, you know...

It's like MATM is not a bad song but having Toxic it wasn't the best idea. Make me is not bad but easily "Better" or "Do you wanna come over" were the most appropriate tracks to open this new era. 

I'm talking about the musical aspect, not the charts. 

You say its her best single "since never", so you consider "Pretty Girls" better? 

2 hours ago, david lachapelle said:

too bad it became a britney classic. can't same the same for Make Me... :shameless:

To be honest no one ever saw or felt "Work *****" as a potential Britney classic when it was 3 months old. Lets wait and see how "Make me" ages, all of her lead singles always end becoming legendary, I could see "Make me" being performed in Talent shows and stuff like The X-factor and being recognized as one of Britney's gems in the future. ;) 

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

Having all the Glory tracks, Make Me... is the obvious second single, á la Lucky or something. I think even Tom's Diner is stronger.

Make Me... is a really beautiful song, but her best? I don't think so. It's definitely better than PG, Perfume, but it's not better than WB.

If I have to rank this decade's singles:

1. Till the World Ends
  2. I Wanna Go
  3. Work *****
  4. Tom's Diner
  5. Scream & Shout / Ooh La La / Make Me...
  6. Hold It Against Me
  7. Criminal
  8. Pretty Girls
  9. Scream & Shout (Remix)
  10. Perfume

Archived