"Make me" is Britney's best single since ...?

Dinirocal

2 hours ago, Dinirocal said:

I'm talking about the musical aspect, not the charts. 

You say its her best single "since never", so you consider "Pretty Girls" better? 

Sorry, I thought you said best "LEAD" single. Amm well, so that, I may say since WB.

Perfume is a great mellow balad but I wasn't very excited for its MV. I love the song though, and I don't hate Pretty girls, I hate its pointless video. The song wasn't that bad it's just something I wouldn't like to hear/watch from Brit but that's it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Since never, it's a good song but it was never a good lead single. Its music video was the only chance to be a hit in Britney's career but well, you know...

It's like MATM is not a bad song but having Toxic it wasn't the best idea. Make me is not bad but easily "Better" or "Do you wanna come over" were the most appropriate tracks to open this new era. 

yeah, opening the era with a filler!

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Having all the Glory tracks, Make Me... is the obvious second single, á la Lucky or something. I think even Tom's Diner is stronger.

Make Me... is a really beautiful song, but her best? I don't think so. It's definitely better than PG, Perfume, but it's not better than WB.

If I have to rank this decade's singles:

1. Till the World Ends
  2. I Wanna Go
  3. Work *****
  4. Tom's Diner
  5. Scream & Shout / Ooh La La / Make Me...
  6. Hold It Against Me
  7. Criminal
  8. Pretty Girls
  9. Scream & Shout (Remix)
  10. Perfume

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Having all the Glory tracks, Make Me... is the obvious second single, á la Lucky or something. I think even Tom's Diner is stronger.

Make Me... is a really beautiful song, but her best? I don't think so. It's definitely better than PG, Perfume, but it's not better than WB.

If I have to rank this decade's singles:

1. Till the World Ends
  2. I Wanna Go
  3. Work *****
  4. Tom's Diner
  5. Scream & Shout / Ooh La La / Make Me...
  6. Hold It Against Me
  7. Criminal
  8. Pretty Girls
  9. Scream & Shout (Remix)
  10. Perfume

Make Me... behind Ooh La La?

25uli7m.jpg

• Super Mods
Just now, PokemonSpears said:

they're tied :janet:

they both would be higher if OLL didn't drop the beat for the chorus (same issue with HIAM, but OLL is catchier) and if MM's choruses were longer/ had more substance.

i know they're tied, but it's still listed after OLL... implying that Make Me is lesser in the tie :nobitch:

Make Me at least has Britney sounding like herself :queenflopga: OLL almost verges on Chipmunkney at some parts :janet:

Archived