Let's be serious for once. Is there something we can do?

4 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Oh wow I didn't know the meds Sam did that with were actually prescribed, and that there was video :omg:

I wish I could find that video...so much from that time period has disappeared off the Internet.

But yes, he freely admitted that he did it, but claimed it was medications prescribed to her by her own doctor -- something that Lynne failed to mention when she wrote her court declaration and then repeated the same claims in her book. I understand why she didn't mention it -- her goal was to obtain a restraining order. But her claims changed the tone of the story considerably and also resulting in a lawsuit from Lutfi (which, to be honest, I expected would be filed by him the moment I read her book).

Dude, we're talking about legal stuff decided on court by a judge. Who are we to think that we can change that? And worst of all by publicly humiliating Britney by letting the whole world know she's more than 30 years old but can't manage her own life? I know she mentioned it on that talk show but because SHE DECIDED TO DO SO, it's her own life. We're not entitled to bring that up like that. She seems happy now, I don't see the problem.

3 hours ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Is she allowed to say no to medication under the conservatorship?

My guess would be "no." Jamie has all power over her medical decisions.

I'm a medical student and believe me, no one can force anyone to swallow a pill, that's against the autonomy principle.

2 minutes ago, softskeleton said:

Dude, we're talking about legal stuff decided on court by a judge. Who are we to think that we can change that? And worst of all by publicly humiliating Britney by letting the whole world know she's more than 30 years old but can't manage her own life? I know she mentioned it on that talk show but because SHE DECIDED TO DO SO, it's her own life. We're not entitled to bring that up like that. She seems happy now, I don't see the problem.

I'm a medical student and believe me, no one can force anyone to swallow a pill, that's against the autonomy principle.

So how does that work? Legally speaking? If Jamie has power over her medical decisions, as her conservator, what would happen if she tried to fight his decisions?

On a side note...I doubt many of Britney's fans even consider the medical part...they're more concerned with her conservator inserting himself into her career than they are the personal issues.

3 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

So how does that work? Legally speaking? If Jamie has power over her medical decisions, as her conservator, what would happen if she tried to fight his decisions?

On a side note...I doubt many of Britney's fans even consider the medical part...they're more concerned with her conservator inserting himself into her career than they are the personal issues.

Patients who are well informed about their disease, possess proper decision-making capacity to understand the consequences of refusal can 100% say no to treatment. It would be inhumane to treat someone against his will. 
I know what people are going to say now, the conservatorship was placed with the principle that she can't make proper decisions, but unless a psychiatrist determined she doesn't have mental capacity, no one can forcer to swallow a pill. 
But let's be real, do you guys really see that happening? Jamie forcing Britney to swallow a pill while someone holds her arms like she's psychotic, suicidal or demented? I don't think that's likely.

1 hour ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Oh wow I didn't know the meds Sam did that with were actually prescribed, and that there was video :omg:

I do understand what you're saying, and in particular to older people. But like you noted being only 34 and in a position like that? It leaves me heartbroken. Especially lately she seems absolutely amazing, she was so confident, comfortable and cute on Loose Women! I am feeling so happy for her lately, and I really hope her growing confidence is a result of more freedom in her home life. Really hoping more positive changes re c-ship will occur one day!

I found an article about it...but at one point there was also video...

http://www.x17online.com/2008/02/sam_admits_to_giving_brit_handful_of_pills

1 minute ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I found an article about it...but at one point there was also video...

http://www.x17online.com/2008/02/sam_admits_to_giving_brit_handful_of_pills

But as you can read there, he says he would make her think the pills were "miracle pills" so she would take them, not forcibly make her swallow them. All of that seems like bullshit to me though, is there another reliable source apart from Sam Lufti or TMZ that states she actually has a bipolar disorder?

Just now, softskeleton said:

But as you can read there, he says he would make her think the pills were "miracle pills" so she would take them, not forcibly make her swallow them. All of that seems like bullshit to me though, is there another reliable source apart from Sam Lufti or TMZ that states she actually has a bipolar disorder?

No, I've never seen any kind of official source that states what the issue is.

What if she has memory problems ? She makes mistakes like this many times... Of course it can be that she a SUPERSTAR life and every day is chaos but still.... 3 years ? How can she forget something as big as taking most her rights. I heard many rock stars who did ***** started forgeting huge things, like David Bowie swearing he didnt record his own album (I think his best one even)....

I dont know anything, but could this be a sign of something bigger the judge is holding to keep her in the conserv. ?

On 10/03/2016 at 4:57 PM, Steel_Magnolia said:

She has a court appointed lawyer, Samuel D. Ingham, III. He's been with her since 2008.

Theoretically, he's the person who would petition to end the c-ship if Britney chose to do so.

For some reason I thought he had a restraingorder placed on him and wasn't allowed to contact Ms Spears in any way, shape or form.

I think it's good they cut it off

it's not something you need to talk in television, people doesn't have to know you have a psycho problems or something

and on the other side if she speaks about it so openly that means it's not a big deal for her and we (fanbase) are overeacting about c-ship

22 hours ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

No, I've never seen any kind of official source that states what the issue is.

From what I read, some staff att Ceders Sinais were fired for snooping in her medical records when admitted. That might explain rumours. Just a theory.

This thread might not make a huge difference for anyone or anything but it's an eyeopener. I think in general, having valid questions is a good thing.

I get its a personal thing, everyone has the right to some privacy. However; when she openly spoke up a little about it and it was cut, that's a whole different ballgame imo.