Let's be serious for once. Is there something we can do?

C-ship doesn't fit either way, if she was so severely mentally ill she needs a c-ship then why does she have one of the most stressful jobs possible? A job where you're exposed and picked apart by the GP and put under huge amounts of scrutiny and stress? And obviously if she is mentally fine than she doesn't need one. Celebs like Lindsay, Robert Downey Jr (after all his **** battles), and even Amanda (I think?) don't have them. It's a blatant abuse and exploitation of her and now we can see that even when she wants to discuss it she is literally not even allowed to. Makes me sick to my stomach and I don't get people who are saying 'Well she's happy' - how happy would you be at 34 yr old and not allowed to make any decisions on your own? Not even allowed to discuss your own life without being edited and silenced? I am disgusted beyond words at them editing this out. Don't even know what to say. 

It's difficult for us to do something because we don't know all of the details. I'd say the c-ship was important at first, but does she still need it 9 years later? We hear all these stories about artists stuck in recording contracts, labels screwing them over, the Kesha situation etc, so is it possible the people behind the c-ship are taking advantage of the situation? Is it about money? Or does she still need it? We don't know. I feel awful thinking about the amount of control they have, and that she didn't have a say in her past few projects, but something must have changed for her to have this amount of control over Glory, which is a step in the right direction. I think the only way we will know is if she writes that book one day. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Catalin said:

They try to silence her and this is wrong. She will never be able to progress as an artist with all the **** around her. Britney deserves better,she's worth it!

an artist? more like a human being. how can anyone go through life with that kind of restriction put upon them? :rihstare:

i think we should trend #freebritney. and yes it's serious. at least its achievable and it's a good first step at least for the media to pick the story up.

• Love 1

I find it very disturbing she was being censored.

Its incredibly sad that an US citizen isn't allowed to speak her mind about her own personal situation. Its not ******* Roswell, Watergate or whatever.

Whatever it is, its so delicate its being cut out from a harmless interview? Smh

19 hours ago, Britneysfreak said:

I guess Britney isn't the only one who's bad at math! She's been in a conservatorship for 8 years, not 9! 

As a fan I'm in the middle. On one hand I think her family stepped in and did what they thought they should do to save her life. But on the other hand it's clear that things are not right and fans have been speculating for years whether or not Britney truly wants to work. So Britney's sudden candor and honesty about it is a confirmation of things we've all believed for quite some time. Britney said Glory was an album she wanted to do. To me it says that she hasn't done music she's wanted to do since Blackout. 9 years! And we could all tell from her past two tours that she wasn't giving it her best.

The real question is, what happened between Vegas 2013 and now? Suddenly last year she started showing sparks of the old Britney. Dancing that's better, she's sounding more like her old self in interviews, her body is on point and she looks like she's in a great place. Now Promoney is back. Did the more stringent parts of her conservatorship end? Or did she have more options than we thought she did for the past 8 years and shows passion for Glory because it's an album she's proud of? Maybe she accepts the conservatorship and just wants to do the best that she can instead of constantly giving mediocre performances that punishes her fans more than it does her conservators and team?

As fans there's nothing we can do about it but vote with our wallets. If we're so sick of the situation that she's in then don't support the Britney brand until she's free of it. I do think it's weird that she's the only woman in her 30s that I know of who's in a a conservatorship.

SO ******* TRUE :donewithit:

I think we don't know enough to help her, ****, I don't even know if we can help her, unfortunately. It's a really difficult situation because on one hand, the c-ship helped her to get back on track but on the other, I feel like she doesn't need it anymore. I don't think the conservatorship is that noticeable in her everyday life but I also feel like it's way more apparent in her career. Her team seems to babysit her a lot and shield her from criticism and, you know, the more complicated aspect of her career.

Honestly, even if the c-ship isn't that obvious in her life, I believe that she would feel liberated AF if anyone told her that she's not under it anymore. I mean, can you imagine what it feels like to still be under the responsibility of someone when you're 34, a mother of 2 and clearly capable of taking care of them and yourself? It must be frustrating AF. And even if there's not many restrictions, they still exist. 

2 hours ago, finngirl said:

Who is Lou Taylor and why we hate her? What have I missed

she came out with the idea of c-ship and brainwashed Spears family 

The person who wired Lindsay Lohan's bail money at lightning speed last Thursday also helped Britney Spears get back on track  ... and she's considered a behind-the-scenes wheeler dealer who pushes some pretty controversial born-again views.

Lou Taylor -- who has a financial management company in Nashville, Tennessee -- quietly came on board with Lindsay a few months ago.

Taylor is not only considered genius in the money department, she's a huge personality with a moral force that easily rivals her hubby, who's a minister.

Sources say one of the reasons Taylor came on board with Lindsay is because of her fire and brimstone approach to handling her clients.  We're told Taylor is not shy about pushing her born again religious views ... something we're told scared the hell out of Britney ... but we're also told Brit got over it when Taylor engineered the financial end of Brit's very successful concert tour.

Taylor reps a bunch of Hollywood types as well as Nashville singers.  One person who currently works with Taylor says, "She takes BS  from no one. It's like having a mother with an iron fist who just fiercely tries tries to protect her clients." 

Another source says Taylor's influence is so strong, it's like having an "interventionist" on her clients' team.

Taylor is the one who ripped Dr. Phil a new one for trying to do a Britney intervention on his television show in the middle of her 5150 hold.

Sources say Taylor has helped Lindsay in the financial chaos department.  In the intervention department ... not so much.

9 hours ago, tsss said:

The person who wired Lindsay Lohan's bail money at lightning speed last Thursday also helped Britney Spears get back on track  ... and she's considered a behind-the-scenes wheeler dealer who pushes some pretty controversial born-again views.

Lou Taylor -- who has a financial management company in Nashville, Tennessee -- quietly came on board with Lindsay a few months ago.

Taylor is not only considered genius in the money department, she's a huge personality with a moral force that easily rivals her hubby, who's a minister.

Sources say one of the reasons Taylor came on board with Lindsay is because of her fire and brimstone approach to handling her clients.  We're told Taylor is not shy about pushing her born again religious views ... something we're told scared the hell out of Britney ... but we're also told Brit got over it when Taylor engineered the financial end of Brit's very successful concert tour.

Taylor reps a bunch of Hollywood types as well as Nashville singers.  One person who currently works with Taylor says, "She takes BS  from no one. It's like having a mother with an iron fist who just fiercely tries tries to protect her clients." 

Another source says Taylor's influence is so strong, it's like having an "interventionist" on her clients' team.

Taylor is the one who ripped Dr. Phil a new one for trying to do a Britney intervention on his television show in the middle of her 5150 hold.

Sources say Taylor has helped Lindsay in the financial chaos department.  In the intervention department ... not so much.

Oh, she's a religious freak. Figures. That would scare the hell out of me too. This little article was disturbing.

1 hour ago, Breathe_On_Me said:

Oh, she's a religious freak. Figures. That would scare the hell out of me too. This little article was disturbing.

mte!! I knew what's up when I found out she was strongly religious...her husband is a pastor

12 hours ago, tsss said:

omg she sounds psychotic tbh :ohnoney: