''She went from princess of pop to Queen of Vegas''

G L O R Y

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zulu Spears said:

Well iHeart was held in Vegas so...

I didn't find it insulting at all.

However I would love if everybody could stop referring to her as a, "Pop Icon" and start acknowledging her as a, "Pop Legend" already. She's more than earned it.

She has definitely earned it. However, at this rate, she's kinda slowly but surely chipping away that status :cricket:

8 minutes ago, Zulu Spears said:

Well iHeart was held in Vegas so...

I didn't find it insulting at all.

However I would love if everybody could stop referring to her as a, "Pop Icon" and start acknowledging her as a, "Pop Legend" already. She's more than earned it.

She's too young.

:tbh:

Just now, sjok said:

She has definitely earned it. However, at this rate, she's kinda slowly but surely chipping away that status :cricket:

She cannot be on top forever. That's how the music industry works. However, regardless of what she does now or how she does now it could never discredit her influence on pop music during the earlier years. There is a reason why Michael was labeled "King", Madonna "Queen" and Britney "Princess".... Britney is already a Legend by default.

More to the point, the careers of so-called "Legends" usually go to crap during the later years, but we still consider them Legends.:nothavingit:

3 hours ago, Dynasty said:

:moorangu: im sure celine and jlo are very sad right now :orangu: mariah is leaving already. She realised thats a career burial :gloria:

Celine has been there for over a decade and continues to sell out shows....

JLo's was temprarory because she's busy actually working on new music and you know, planning on touring...what Britney SHOULD be doing....

Mariah is a lost cause...

58 minutes ago, Zulu Spears said:

She cannot be on top forever. That's how the music industry works. However, regardless of what she does now or how she does now it could never discredit her influence on pop music during the earlier years. There is a reason why Michael was labeled "King", Madonna "Queen" and Britney "Princess".... Britney is already a Legend by default.

More to the point, the careers of so-called "Legends" usually go to crap during the later years, but we still consider them Legends.:nothavingit:

Careers to crap?

Madonna's music may not resonate with the public, but she continues to have massively successful GLOBAL tours, almost 30 years into her career. Last time I checked, Madonna was not the one doing theatre shows (Femme Fatale Tour) only 14 years into her career.

Archived