''She went from princess of pop to Queen of Vegas''

G L O R Y

37 minutes ago, Sebastian88 said:

Careers to crap?

Madonna's music may not resonate with the public, but she continues to have massively successful GLOBAL tours, almost 30 years into her career. Last time I checked, Madonna was not the one doing theatre shows (Femme Fatale Tour) only 14 years into her career.

You're right with Madonna but Femme Fatale Tour (yeah, Britney's worst tour) wasn't a theatre show :rude2me:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

That's so mean, everyone's seeing she is trying her best here. Y'all are never satisfied. Give her a little credit where its due tbh.

I don't want to fall out with anyone, but POM ended on September 10th...

We saw her in rehearsals for Iheart maybe 2/3 times since then. I wonder how long she spent at those rehearsals? 

The choreo was POM/VMAs so I honestly don't see her "trying her best." 

2 whole weeks to put a 30 minute set together and did we get anything NEW? No. The only thing that made it different to POM was the lack of props. They even used an invisible pole during DYWTCO because they couldn't be bothered to dream up any new choreo  :gloria: 

1 new song from Glory (not MM or DYWTCO) with new choreo would've kept most of Exhale happy. 

1 hour ago, Sebastian88 said:

Careers to crap?

Madonna's music may not resonate with the public, but she continues to have massively successful GLOBAL tours, almost 30 years into her career. Last time I checked, Madonna was not the one doing theatre shows (Femme Fatale Tour) only 14 years into her career.

Hence my use of the word, "usually". There are of course exceptions, as you point out.

2 hours ago, Zulu Spears said:

Hence my use of the word, "usually". There are of course exceptions, as you point out.

No, there are no exceptions. Music's biggest icons/legends are either still around or retired and did so with a bang by delivering amazing shows until the day they either died or retired. People need to look past just album sales which are not a true measure of someone's success. Look at Michael Buble, he's not a big album seller, but he's selling out STADIUMS worldwide. It's a gift if you're able to both sell albums and tours; Adele.

6 hours ago, Zulu Spears said:

She cannot be on top forever. That's how the music industry works. However, regardless of what she does now or how she does now it could never discredit her influence on pop music during the earlier years. There is a reason why Michael was labeled "King", Madonna "Queen" and Britney "Princess".... Britney is already a Legend by default.

More to the point, the careers of so-called "Legends" usually go to crap during the later years, but we still consider them Legends.:nothavingit:

People are so quick to forget this.

(I'm not saying they don't/can't reinvent themselves, or they never pick their careers back up. But they all have gone through it.)

7 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

That's so mean, everyone's seeing she is trying her best here. Y'all are never satisfied. Give her a little credit where its due tbh.

Girl plz. You can defend her, but don't spout bs platitudes like "she tried her best." She clearly didn't. It's self-evident. Plus we saw her goofing off for weeks instead of rehearsing and it shows bc she did the same pool of "freestyle" moves the entire show.

Archived