We All Seem To Agree Glory Is Up There With ITZ and BO... But Where?

BrittonJeanSpears

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackout has stood the test of time; it still sounds fresh today, and in a way In the Zone is not, with songs like Outrageous and Early Mornin' and the Ying Yang Twins dragging the album down. Every song on Blackout still sounds like a hit. It's obviously #1.

Too soon to rank Glory but so far I'd put it around where I'd put Circus. I think fans are so excited to hear something truly personally hers after three manufactured albums in a row, that they are overpraising some of the songs

Ok so I'm gonna take a crack at this ... they are the top 3 however each one is best in their own ways .. "In The Zone" kinda broke the glass ceiling with "Toxic" & "Breathe On Me". Those songs allowed electronic music to become fully embraced by Top 40 pop but in a whole "In The Zone" seems like half an album too me. It has these fantastic experimental layers but then there are obvious songs just thrown on it to attract specific demographics & in my opinion it causes ITZ to be not as cohesive as others. 

"Blackout" we see a normally bubblegum artist really explore a more underground urban/electronic sound and what we get is an album that sounds like some hot producers crafted it in Britney's basement (this is meant in a good way). It had an edge too it, a grit that none of her albums ever dared venture into again. The problem with it is that there is not many vocal ability shown, little harmony & robotNey, as cool as it sounds, leaves the album feeling a bit sythetic. 

Glory kind of incorporates both ideas ITZ & Blackout had. Glory plays with sounds Britney hasn't used yet & ventures into territory that feels like a major departure from all of her recent work. What Glory has that neither ITZ or Blackout delivered is fantastic & carefully excuted production followed by some of Britney's best professionally recorded vocals in over a decade. Britney has never been so fully present on an album & the individual harmony recordings brought life to the music instead of just layering her vocal with a pitched version of itself. 

I'll say this.. I think that Glory is her best work vocally, lyrically & musically. If we are talking about production craft & value here Glory beats both ITZ & Bkackout. 

Culturally ITZ & Blackout had a bigger impact role, but this was not because of a cohesive & carefully crafted album, it was due to amazing standout tracks that exploded into pop culture. 

In my opinion if we are talking "Album" not "specifics of that albums era" I would say 

Glory 

In The Zone 

Blackout 

Archived