We All Seem To Agree Glory Is Up There With ITZ and BO... But Where?

BrittonJeanSpears

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Leaving my personal, subjective opinions behind, I genuinely believe OIDIA is a great album, the best actually, despite most of you ignoring it or trying to make it look bad. I can see why you wouldn't like BOMT, but OIDIA was something else, so much more mature, even more than the *** themed Blackout or ITZ.

THANK YOU. OIDIA is early 2000s pop perfection in terms of sound, arrangement and lyrical themes. I appreciate all the little details of that album. The titanic reference in OIDIA. The change in lyrics of Satisfaction to deliver a more feminist message. The interlude where she's talking to her friends and has to defend herself, and she says "Well I know I'm a little picky... but hey, I just know what I want." - I'm in my 20s now, and that line just becomes more and more relatable day by day. 

I think that's what helps it stand out from albums like Britney, ITZ and BO (as you said, were albums that put "***" on the forefront) 

Oops had the bubblegum innocence of BOMT and teen pop music, but it also gave listeners an insight into Britney moving forward on the road to maturity in a nuanced manner. ******* perfect. 

1 hour ago, jamesedward94 said:

In the Zone first because of Toxic, Everytime, and having freaking Madonna on her first single. Definitely her best album. She OWNED that era. 

Glory second. Best vocals and adlibs since In the Zone, and the songs and productions are absolutely killer. She finally found her spark again, and it's SO great to hear the fire back in her voice.

Blackout comes in third, but it's probably the most influential of the three. It had such a different and edgy sound for that time, and it really took her to a whole new level. The album also gave us her iconic catchphrase "It's Britney *****". The world has never been the same. 

Very well put and 100% agreed :yay:

Archived