Miss Movin' On: Britney Settles Lawsuit With Sam Lutfi

Jordan Miller

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, BRING THE NOISE said:

Britney Spears is ending her own 7 years war with Sam Lutfi ... the ex-manager who accused her of rampant **** abuse and slandering his name -- the case has settled.

Lutfi and Spears reached the settlement agreement late last week ... according to docs obtained by TMZ. Sources familiar with the situation tell us ... Britney paid Lutfi "in the low 6 figures," but less than the estimated $500,000 in legal fees it would have cost her to defend the lawsuit.

Lutfi filed the defamation case against Britney and her family back in 2009, claiming the entire Spears clan was bad-mouthing him and blamed him for her downfall ... after she was hospitalized in 2008. Lutfi claimed they were outta line because the real problem wasBritney's **** abuse, which he tried to stop.

A judge tossed his case in 2012, but Lutfi appealed and got a second bite of the apple. A trial was set to begin in L.A. next month.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/06/britney-spears-sam-lufti-settlement-defamation/ 

Take the high road, Queen! 

Good riddance to bad rubbish! :rihclap:

Highroadney :BBMAney:

41 minutes ago, 0bsessed said:

He won't have got as much as he wanted, nowhere near. And it worked out better for Britney because she saved money.

I know. It's just unfortunate that he gets anything he doesn't even deserve 50 cents from her :nydisgust: But money aside i'm sure for Britney getting to put this in the past and finally be done with it is priceless so it's a good thing for sure.

So Lutfi just got to walk away with the promo budget for Make Me? :nydisgust:

To be honest, I wish they had done this a long time ago. It's been a dark cloud that's been hanging over her head for far too long.

P.S. Does anyone else think he likely walked away with a lot more than a low six-figure sum? He had the upper hand in this -- the trial was set to start in a month, just as she's trying to rebuild her image. Plus, the fact that Team B leaked this info straight to TMZ tells me they wanted to control the narrative - and by getting the info out before Lutfi they were able to say whatever they wanted about it. (Plus, he probably signed an NDA, so he likely can't blab anyways.)

Archived