Blame the post-circus eras

Cookie Lyon

Everything that went wrong after circus are hurting this era

Y'all wonder why she came from +300k 1st week sales in the US, best female artist tour in 2009

To what is happening right now?

Even though she is doing promo nobody gives a flying **** about Glory.

Only 7k in France, a country where she used to have a big fanbase (3 bercy stadium in a row in 2009).

If Britney and her team want people to stop thinking she is done and untalented, she has to be bring her A+ game for the next performances.

Remember at the VMAs she was even overshadowed by Rih and Ariana

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Circus sold 500k with a leak get it right *****:bichpls:

but I agree she did a lot of damage five years worth and she needs to repair that image. She should release "if I'm dancing" as second single and ****** DANCE and Idc bout radio or single worthy(I do think it's both it has a viral dance community feel) 

she dances her best in videos and considering she's a MUCH better dancer now then she was in 2013 yet she still SLAYED in Wb I think she would SLAY primeney level NOW (if I'm dancing is a better song than wb...she made wb iconic with that video) plus she needs to sing or pre record her vocals she's the ONLY artist that uses ****** cd vocals and it's pathetic.,.im done with her "Idc bout haters or proving myself attitude" b/c if she wants success which she obv does b/c now she's promotin, doin her best music, lookin her best, she needs to deliver she is confident and more than capable but she needs to stop bein so damn basic no one gives a **** about MOMNEY so suck it up and slay the stage leave MOMNEY at home and when your that "character" u speak of do it 100% there was way more to Britney than being a hot blonde who lip sync which is ALL the gp sees her as now ..she was a SINGER and phenomenal DANCER/live performer...she can dance but chooses to dumb **** down if she kept the complex choreography for make me and done that in the video it would have saved that snooze fest and if she had done that choreography at the vmas she would have gotten a different response of course haters were gonna hate either way but the lip synching would have been excusable 

1 minute ago, DirtyMind said:

Who cares?  The GP is over Britney and have moved on to younger artists, which is also what happened to Madonna, Mariah, Janet, etc. I feel sorry for those people for sleeping on Glory, because it's such a great album and they're missing out.  

P!nk, Bey, JT are not younger artists.

Glory deserves more recognition. 

We really need to calm down a little.. Yes, she really damaged her image and lost her fanbase. She has lots of work to do to rebound after Britney Jean and Pretty Girls. Few promo performances weren't gonna undo the damage.

FF era did damage, X-Factor, BJ, PG. Yes the Glory drop is severe but she hadn't done any promo 2nd week to soften the blow..Outside of fans she hasn't done a good job at selling the album as "yet" she really only promoted MM and DYWCO Once.

I think the next single will determine the era and not the current sales. Many here probably never experienced the huge decline in sales with ITZ until Toxic happened. The album was free falling everywhere in the world. 

This era is all about damage control and it's going to take awhile. RCA isn't finished with the album as yet. More promo is coming for the rest of the year. So let's see! 

7 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Who cares?  The GP is over Britney and have moved on to younger artists, which is also what happened to Madonna, Mariah, Janet, etc. I feel sorry for those people for sleeping on Glory, because it's such a great album and they're missing out.  

They aren't over her before that performance EVERYONE was here for her performance...she ****** up the "Britney's back FOR REAL this time" image with that basic *** video and performance

Guest Lord Bills
26 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I don't think they realized all the damage they have done the way these last five years have been. 

They literally thought her name alone was gonna sell forever. 

and it does. pom say hi

britney-cry.gif?resize=300,168

27 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

The difference being that those artists still have significant fanbases that can carry them to moderate success on their own - Britney's fanbase has rapidly diminished since Circus and will only continue to do so if we continue to get lackluster performances, MVs etc. If you don't have a fanbase and you don't have GP support, then you don't have a career, especially as a pop act like Britney. If she's unable to sell then she'll be unable to get access to good producers, she'll be unable to get anything but a shoestring budget for her music videos, she'll be unable to tour etc.

Sorry, Femme Fatale is a flawless album. It took her to the new decade. The promos sucked but Femme Fatale made her sound current. It spawned Hold It Against Me and the club-banger Till The World Ends, which is still being played until now.

If you wanna know the truth, VEGAS is the career-ender. A lot of people keep saying it helped her regain confidence and that she changed the face of Vegas but it did nothing for her career and relevance with the GP.

Archived