Someone Should Tell Britney

That using social media to promote your songs and album is NOT as effective as proper promotion involving magazine/TV/radio interviews and TV/Award show performances :lessons:

And let's be honest here, even if POM wasn't starting this week she STILL wouldn't be doing real promo. She'd be in Hawaii or playing Pokemon with her boys. 

Not a meltdown, just some advise for ha. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just be happy with what have so far. We're getting the iHeart Radio performance, most likely the VMAs, Carpool Karaoke, and more to come that we may not know about yet. We've already had a couple radio shows too and a **** ton of websites have been all over what's going on with her from our meltdown about the MV to leaked songs:cigney:

Everything is fine now, and better than Britney Jean as an entirety:chershade:

i think social media is an ok way to promote. not the most effective, but definitely a form of promotion. i'm sure she'll perform at the VMA's, that is the only upcoming awards show. she hasn't even had an opportunity to promote it on a major award show yet, and in my opinion britney is above performing on good morning america and stuff like that. in my opinion to promote the album & make me they should do something similar to drake/adele; billboards, television commercials, previews before major movies, etc to build up hype. it's all about hype nowadays 

...except social media is a great way to promote yourself.  It's 2016, not 2003.  Doing a million talk shows and interviews doesn't do **** anymore- you need to be active on social media and it helps to be part of something that goes viral (which is why she's doing Carpool Karaoke, I'm sure). You guys always complain that Britney and her team are stuck in the Stone Age, and now that they're trying to get with the times, you want them to do the same things they did 15 years ago. :whitneyshade:

1 minute ago, DirtyMind said:

...except social media is a great way to promote yourself.  It's 2016, not 2003.  Doing a million talk shows and interviews doesn't do **** anymore- you need to be active on social media and it helps to be part of something that goes viral.  You guys always complain that Britney and her team are stuck in the Stone Age, and now that they're trying to get with the times, you want them to do the same things they did 15 years ago. :whitneyshade:

They should do both. Don't make me out to be saying "Stop Tweeting/Instagramming/Facebooking" because I'm not saying that, I'm saying:

Monday morning - Britney Tweets "See you guys at 8AM on GMA! Tune in!"

8AM - she performs on GMA

8:05AM - Brit's Twitter/Facebook/Insta all have the performance up with a link to buy/stream the song. 

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, PlayingItSafe said:

They should do both. Don't make me out to be saying "Stop Tweeting/Instagramming/Facebooking" because I'm not saying that, I'm saying:

Monday morning - Britney Tweets "See you guys at 8AM on GMA! Tune in!"

8AM - she performs on GMA

8:05AM - Brit's Twitter/Facebook/Insta all have the performance up with a link to buy/stream the song. 

The album is not even out yet and you know she always does majority of the promo during album release so that people are more impulusive to go out and buy it right away. Stop bitching and acting like you know everything. You make it seem like has done no promo other than social media, she talked on E!, she did jimmey kimmel, she was on the radio with ryan, thats a decent anount of promo for an album thats not even out yet. 

Archived