Gimme Your Unpopular Opinions

• The OG Make Me video wasn't that good, and it doesn't want need G-Eazy
  • 2007 VMAs was a mess but the performance wasn't as bad as everyone said it was back then
  • Tom's Diner is great and is >>> Pretty Girls
  • Britney Jean isn't that bad, they just chose the wrong songs to be singles
  • Mannequin, Lace & Leather, and Shattered Glass (Circus) are deep cuts wanting recognition
  • DWAD tour was her best despite lip-syncing

What other opinions do you have? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

self-promo bcs yes: 

Edited by PolySpears
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, PolySpears said:
  • The OG Make Me video wasn't that good, and it doesn't want need G-Eazy
  • 2007 VMAs was a mess but the performance wasn't as bad as everyone said it was back then
  • Tom's Diner is great and is >>> Pretty Girls
  • Mannequin, Lace & Leather, and Shattered Glass (Circus) are deep cuts wanting recognition
  • DWAD tour was her best despite lip-syncing

I agree.

12 minutes ago, PolySpears said:
  • Britney Jean isn't that bad, they just chose the wrong songs to be singles

I disagree. Britney Jean is a terrible album and the best part was the singles. The worst thing about the album is that there are songs where Britney doesn't sing but Myah Marie, as in Chillin' with You, the worst song of her discography in my opinion.

Edited by PerfectLover.
  • Love 3

Going to put this out there and brace for impact from all the hate.

As creative as Britney is, I think if she had the full control she wanted in the studio, we probably wouldn't have gotten iconic pop songs, just songs that don't really sound like hit material. I love some of her unreleased stuff that she had more of a hand in, but most I can see why they were never put out in any official capacity. As a result of this, she would probably not have reached icon status.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

01. I think “…Baby One More Time” is iconic, but the video with the pigtails is so boring to me.

02. Femme Fatale is overproduced & offers nothing substantial. I’m nostalgic for “Hold It Against Me” though.

03. Britney Jean sucks. It should be wiped from her catalog. I love the cover art though.

04. Glory is her best work post Circus, even though the lyrics lacked inspiration. “Coupure Électrique” is such a filler track, we could’ve gotten “Sucker for Pain” instead.

05. “Manjobi” should’ve stayed in the vault.

06. I don’t like the album covers for Blackout, Circus, or Femme Fatale. She’s so pretty & that was the best they could do, honestly depressing.

07. I haven’t liked Britney’s music as much as I did in the early 2000’s, but Circus & Glory reminded me of those times, in ways.

08. I hate her “S&M” remix, she sang it horribly, but that probably wasn’t her fault.

09. “Ooh La La” is such a dumb song, but the beat sort of slaps.

10. “3” is also random, but I like the bridge when she sings, “What we do is innocent”

11. “And Then We Kiss” & “Mona Lisa” should’ve been a single, with a music video.

12. Britney should’ve recorded a remix of “Free Woman” with Lady Gaga when the cship came to a close.

There’s probably much more, but I think I shared enough of my pov. I love this thread.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, DoYouDare? said:

01. I think “…Baby One More Time” is iconic, but the video with the pigtails is so boring to me.

02. Femme Fatale is overproduced & offers nothing substantial. I’m nostalgic for “Hold It Against Me” though.

03. Britney Jean sucks. It should be wiped from her catalog. I love the cover art though.

04. Glory is her best work post Circus, even though the lyrics lacked inspiration. “Coupure Électrique” is such a filler track, we could’ve gotten “Sucker for Pain” instead.

05. “Manjobi” should’ve stayed in the vault.

06. I don’t like the album covers for Blackout, Circus, or Femme Fatale. She’s so pretty & that was the best they could do, honestly depressing.

07. I haven’t liked Britney’s music as much as I did in the early 2000’s, but Circus & Glory reminded me of those times, in ways.

08. I hate her “S&M” remix, she sang it horribly, but that probably wasn’t her fault.

09. “Ooh La La” is such a dumb song, but the beat sort of slaps.

10. “3” is also random, but I like the bridge when she sings, “What we do is innocent”

11. “And Then We Kiss” & “Mona Lisa” should’ve been a single, with a music video.

12. Britney should’ve recorded a remix of “Free Woman” with Lady Gaga when the cship came to a close.

There’s probably much more, but I think I shared enough of my pov. I love this thread.

Mona Lisa was single-worthy and had no reason to be connected to Chaotic :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: An Original Doll EP would slay

Manjobi is probably Myah Marie :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm: although Britney allegedly wrote it

Glory unreleased songs are :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

1. I dont like the ITZ era cause she was too sxual and raunchy, its like she was trying too hard to show she was an "adult"

2. Her BOMT album is one of her best albums and deserves more recognition

3. I hated Toxic for a long time cause of how overplayed and over hyped it was, it was barely last year that I started liking it

4. Boys is the most annoying song in her catalog and I hate it.

5. Her cover of I Love Rock N Roll is not good.

6. Born To Make You Happy is her best released ballad.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

1. I dont like the ITZ era cause she was too sxual and raunchy, its like she was trying too hard to show she was an "adult"

2. Her BOMT album is one of her best albums and deserves more recognition

3. I hated Toxic for a long time cause of how overplayed and over hyped it was, it was barely last year that I started liking it

4. Boys is the most annoying song in her catalog and I hate it.

6. Born To Make You Happy is her best released ballad.

I feel ITZ was OK and the problem was more with the tour, but I don't disagree

And BTMYH is a very nice ballad :)

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, PolySpears said:

I feel ITZ was OK and the problem was more with the tour, but I don't disagree

And BTMYH is a very nice ballad :)

Yeah I mean the ITZ album is good but I just think the oversxualized persona she had that era was a bit much even for Britney standards.

Yeah I love BTMYH, its my fave song from her.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

I think her cover of I Love Rock n' Roll is ok, the original is obviously better but Britney did it in her style. What do you think of her cover of Satisfaction?

22 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

I understand you but I think it's overplayed because it's objectively her best song.

Edited by PerfectLover.
  • Love 2
  • Brave new girl is not a bad song and I really can't believe that some fans would rate it her worst song
  • Shadow and Out From Under are both good songs, but I never got the hype when some fans calls them her best songs
  • OIDIA is an underrated album, it deserves all the love and praise ITZ and Blackout get
  • I love autotuneney (and of course her more natural style too)
  • I don't hate Mind Your Business, I think it's a fun bop
  • Mood Ring was a meh song
  • Love 3

1. I love lists, and this thread for giving me a reason to make a list.

2. Britney was vastly underrated and underestimated at the beginning of her career. 

3. I hate that she started wearing heels for performances. Sneakers were always a better vibe for her.

4. After Glory, ITZ is my go-to in the gym. 

5. I wish she would have acted more professionally. I think she could have killed the Rom-Com Genre. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, theodoritasenorita said:

1. I love lists, and this thread for giving me a reason to make a list.

2. Britney was vastly underrated and underestimated at the beginning of her career. 

3. I hate that she started wearing heels for performances. Sneakers were always a better vibe for her.

4. After Glory, ITZ is my go-to in the gym. 

5. I wish she would have acted more professionally. I think she could have killed the Rom-Com Genre. 

yes :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

1 hour ago, Frankie8 said:

As creative as Britney is, I think if she had the full control she wanted in the studio, we probably wouldn't have gotten iconic pop songs, just songs that don't really sound like hit material. I love some of her unreleased stuff that she had more of a hand in, but most I can see why they were never put out in any official capacity. As a result of this, she would probably not have reached icon status.

I’m so shocked at your unpopular opinion, I would’ve never thought I’d hear a fan say that.

:ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: 

I beg to differ though, bc I believe much of her music post 2004 would’ve been way more solid. Just take “Untitled Lullaby” & “Let Go” for example. “Mona Lisa” was also her choice. 

I only ”🌹” your comment, bc I appreciate your honest opinion, but — :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
32 minutes ago, PerfectLover. said:

I think her cover of I Love Rock n' Roll is ok, the original is obviously better but Britney did it in her style. What do you think of her cover of Satisfaction?

I understand you but I think it's overplayed because it's objectively her best song.

I love Satisfaction, it should've been a single.

I think Toxic is good but she has other great songs like Gimme More, I feel like that song is kind of underrated tbh.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frankie8 said:

respect your opinion... but she was executive producer of Blackout... :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.