Why Didn’t Britney Mention ‘Original Doll’ in Her Memoir?

I think OD was just some recording sessions and having fun in the studio with maybe a few songs cut, but not polished. To piss off her label, she went to the radio station to premiere the unfinished ML that had not been cleared yet legally and so Jive shut down the whole thing. I don't believe it's as big a thing as fans make it to be. She might not remember it much because she is not her fans, who have obsessed over it since that day.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

I think OD was just some recording sessions and having fun in the studio with maybe a few songs cut, but not polished. To piss off her label, she went to the radio station to premiere the unfinished ML that had not been cleared yet legally and so Jive shut down the whole thing. I don't believe it's as big a thing as fans make it to be. She might not remember it much because she is not her fans, who have obsessed over it since that day.

Yes, many people believe pushing buttons was her prime intention with the announcement. However, the “album” has never been a big deal to me, although I do wonder about it sometimes, especially when I read her memoir —but you’re right, she might not even remember it as much as her fans do.

You’ve made some solid points, for sure.

• Love 1

Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever listen to it... I bet the recordings don't exist anymore. My theory is that her label was pressuring her to make a different album, she wasn't happy about it so she sabotaged the whole thing. Now looking back it makes me sad tbh. She has been wanting to rebel and get out of the industry for over a decade now, and she was forced to work. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

In my honest (and probably unpopular) opinion, I don’t think Original Doll is as big and mysterious as fans like to assume. I think she began working on an album at the end of 2004, the project got shelved because she became pregnant back to back in 2005/2006. Then I think the project just materialized into Blackout. 

Spot on.

And we already have a bunch of leaks from this era and they all suck lol ouch and money, love and happiness wouldn't even made it onto a Cyprus edition of In The Zone

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

It’s ghostwritten. There’s a ton of **** she left out like Myah Jean, the real dirt on Jason, and so much more. Britney said herself the album was halfway done when she dropped Mona Lisa at KISS, just because the information isn’t public knowledge doesn’t mean it doesn’t “exist”. Seeing positivist perspectives from people who assume ALOT is really weird.

Thank you for seeing the glass half full, I appreciate your logic on the subject.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

In my honest (and probably unpopular) opinion, I don’t think Original Doll is as big and mysterious as fans like to assume. I think she began working on an album at the end of 2004, the project got shelved because she became pregnant back to back in 2005/2006. Then I think the project just materialized into Blackout. 

Your theory makes perfect sense. Original Doll could’ve been the initial concept, that later manifested as Blackout, although I still think the songs would’ve been completely different, so I guess that’s what makes me curious about it. Regardless, well said. 👌🏻

3 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever listen to it... I bet the recordings don't exist anymore. My theory is that her label was pressuring her to make a different album, she wasn't happy about it so she sabotaged the whole thing. Now looking back it makes me sad tbh. She has been wanting to rebel and get out of the industry for over a decade now, and she was forced to work. 

I can see how that would’ve happened, since it was during a time when she was trying to claim her power, & do things her way. Perhaps she did toss the “project” for personal reasons, but we just don’t know. As others have said though, maybe it became Blackout overtime.

Just imagine if we would’ve gotten “Untitled Lullaby” or “Let Go” :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.