Who Are The True Fans? Defending Britney Or Calling Out Her Behavior?

Middle ground leaning to defending her cause let’s be real, she’s on her break, normal person era and there’s those fans wanting her to be in her standard pop queen standards and those fans are so frustrated, they are delusional and can’t accept reality with peoples flaws and that people are not linear and celebrities are human beings, most of celebrities try to be pictured as consistent and perfect on media but they’re not it’s a marketing illusion.

Britney is just trying to live her life now with her wicked humor, you can’t really blame someone that grew up the way she did it. Just let her be and embarace it for awhile.

Edited by Jup1ter
  • Love 8

There's a lot of things.

First of all, a fan, a FANATIC, is a person that by definition lacks any objectivity when it comes to their fave.

I like some Lady Gaga songs, but there's many others I don't. I don't connect with her in her interviews, I find her annoying and fake, etc. Therefor, I'm not her fan, I just like whatever that comes from her that I may find appealing based on my objectivity or taste. I don't have any expectations from her, I don't expect to agree with her most of the times, or her behavior or her actions.

When it comes to Britney Spears, I AM her fan, I've loved her since the beginning, I've loved her throughout all of her different stages in life, from her prime, to that era between 2006-2007, through the conservatorship, including FFney, which is so hard to watch now, then when she got better, and that includes her music, her performances, her outfits. Then the FreeBritney and now that she's freed too. I've learned to love her personality through time. She would have to commit a very serious crime or something for me to turn on her. As a fan, I AM biased to not feel annoyed by her mistakes or things that non-fans may find negative from her current persona. Because that's what fans do. And it's something that comes naturally, like I genuinely like her, I genuinely like her posts and videos. I genuinely like Currentney, like I did with FFney a decade ago while others may have thought she behaved like a robot. And whenever she posts or writes something that the average Joe may find outrageous or "concerning" my first instinct as a fan is always trying to be understanding, trying to understand her reasoning, and I must say, most of the times even if I'm being objective, I really haven't found anything she's said and done to be that bad. Things like not liking the documentaries, or calling out her family, or Xtina, etc, I always feel, or at least I think I know where it's coming from.

Now, I'm no one to say "you're a fan" or  "you're not" but one has to question how much of a fan are you when Britney's "behavior" has been like this for a long time already and you keep finding it annoying, incorrect, improper, etc. If you find yourself rolling your eyes every time she posts something, or by reading her captions, or you cringe at everything she does lately, or if you always take her opinions in the worst way possible instead of thinking that maybe she means well, or idk, any other "excuse" an actual fan would pull up to see it in the best way possible, then, chances are, you're not a fan anymore. d93ily6-29b4124f-fe56-4abe-b1eb-9a2b1afc  You're fan of her past self, you're fan of the idea or the image you have of her from previous years, and you just don't vibe with the current Britney, and probably you'll never connect with her ever again. And that's ok :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: You're not obliged to like something forever. You're not obliged to agree with her in every situation. But I repeat, if time after time you keep seeing that the constant is you never agree with her anymore, you don't like anything she does anymore, that's telling us you're not a blind fan anymore. You judge her objectively like you'd judge any other person you don't care about, like I would with Lady Gaga or any other person I don't stan. An objective fan is an oxymoron.

Just because you dedicated years of your life to someone or something doesn't entitle you to receive something from them. You can keep wishing that the "old Britney" may come back one day, or that someday she'll "come to her senses" according to YOU, and she aligns her ideas and behaviors to what YOU think is the right thing, but how many years have passed? When do you think that's gonna happen? We can't change Britney, or anyone, it's up to each of us to say for how long we're gonna wait for someone or something, before we move on with our lives.

So what is the point of coming here or Twitter and complain and complain and complain about the same stuff over and over, as if Britney's ever gonna read us, or as if she's gonna change something just to please a random person on the internet. That's almost *******ic.

People that judge her "objectively" may feel superior than us that keep loving her blindly, and if that makes you feel good, go on, but don't pretend that makes you a better fan, when the reality is you most likely don't even like her anymore. Gladly she gave us a lot of content during her career, and there's a lot of videos and interviews that you may keep watching for the eternity. But maybe you just need to step back, stay away from her current persona, for your own sanity, and to leave us that still follow her to like her in peace.

Edited by PokemonSpears
  • Love 3
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, PerfectLover. said:

Well, after living through that, you thought she was going to be totally fine from one day to the next? Mental health doesn't work like that.

I understand that. Just seems to be a pattern with her. People like to say she’s fine and also say she has mental heathy issues. She probably doesn’t need a conservatorship but her quality of life Is questionable.

7 minutes ago, Jup1ter said:

Middle ground leaning to defending her cause let’s be real, she’s on her break, normal person era and there’s those fans wanting her to be in her standard pop queen standards and those fans are so frustrated, they are delusional and can’t accept reality with peoples flaws and that people are not linear and celebrities are human beings, most of celebrities try to be pictured as consistent and perfect on media but they’re not it’s a marketing illusion.

Britney is just trying to live her life now with her wicked humor, you can’t really blame someone that grew up the way she did it. Just let her be and embarace it for awhile.

Well said.

8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

There's a lot of things.

First of all, a fan, a FANATIC, is a person that by definition lacks any objectivity when it comes to their fave.

I like some Lady Gaga songs, but there's many others I don't. I don't connect with her in her interviews, I find her annoying and fake, etc. Therefor, I'm not her fan, I just like whatever that comes from her that I may find appealing based on my objectivity or taste. I don't have any expectations from her, I don't expect to agree with her most of the times, or her behavior or her actions.

When it comes to Britney Spears, I AM her fan, I've loved her since the beginning, I've loved her throughout all of her different stages in life, from her prime, to that era between 2006-2007, through the conservatorship, including FFney, which is so hard to watch now, then when she got better, and that includes her music, her performances, her outfits. Then the FreeBritney and now that she's freed too. I've learned to love her personality through time. She would have to commit a very serious crime or something for me to turn on her. As a fan, I AM biased to not feel annoyed by her mistakes or things that non-fans may find negative from her current persona. Because that's what fans do. And it's something that comes naturally, like I genuinely like her, I genuinely like her posts and videos. I genuinely like Currentney, like I did with FFney a decade ago while others may have thought she behaved like a robot. And whenever she posts or writes something that the average Joe may find outrageous or "concerning" my first instinct as a fan is always trying to be understanding, trying to understand her reasoning, and I must say, most of the times even if I'm being objective, I really haven't found anything she's said and done to be that bad. Things like not liking the documentaries, or calling out her family, or Xtina, etc, I always feel, or at least I think I know where it's coming from.

Now, I'm no one to say "you're a fan" or  "you're not" but one has to question how much of a fan are you when Britney's "behavior" has been like this for a long time already and you keep finding it annoying, incorrect, improper, etc. If you find yourself rolling your eyes every time she posts something, or by reading her captions, or you cringe at everything she does lately, or if you always take her opinions in the worst way possible instead of thinking that maybe she means well, or idk, any other "excuse" an actual fan would pull up to see it in the best way possible, then, chances are, you're not a fan anymore. d93ily6-29b4124f-fe56-4abe-b1eb-9a2b1afc  You're fan of her past self, you're fan of the idea or the image you have of her from previous years, and you just don't vibe with the current Britney, and probably you'll never connect with her ever again. And that's ok :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: You're not obliged to like something forever. You're not obliged to agree with her in every situation. But I repeat, if time after time you keep seeing that the constant is you never agree with her anymore, you don't like anything she does anymore, that's telling us you're not a blind fan anymore. You judge her objectively like you'd judge any other person you don't care about, like I would with Lady Gaga or any other person I don't stan. An objective fan is an oxymoron.

Just because you dedicated years of your life to someone or something doesn't entitle you to receive something from them. You can keep wishing that the "old Britney" may come back one day, or that someday she'll "come to her senses" according to YOU, and she aligns her ideas and behaviors to what YOU think is the right thing, but how many years have passed? When do you think that's gonna happen? We can't change Britney, or anyone, it's up to each of us to say for how long we're gonna wait for someone or something, before we move on with our lives.

So what is the point of coming here or Twitter and complain and complain and complain about the same stuff over and over, as if Britney's ever gonna read us, or as if she's gonna change something just to please a random person on the internet. That's almost *******ic.

People that judge her "objectively" may feel superior than us that keep loving her blindly, and if that makes you feel good, go on, but don't pretend that makes you a better fan, when the reality is you most likely don't even like her anymore. Gladly she gave us a lot of content during her career, and there's a lot of videos and interviews that you may keep watching for the eternity. But maybe you just need to step back, stay away from her current persona, for your own sanity, and to leave us that still follow her to like her in peace.

I really appreciate this post. This is why I started this tread.. to understand another fans experience. Thank you @PokemonSpears

5 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

I understand that. Just seems to be a pattern with her. People like to say she’s fine and also say she has mental heathy issues. She probably doesn’t need a conservatorship but her quality of life Is questionable.

Her quality of life is her business. I understand that some fans worry about her, but they can't do anything about it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

There's a lot of things.

Facts. I agree with everything you said.

If you keep criticizing a persons’s look and how they present themselves, and keep emphasizing they are weird or strange or keep saying they must be mentally ill that is downright bullying.

I was picked apart for how I looked, dressed, talked when I was a kid. It was plain bullying but I guess if you asked the bullies, they prob would say they were just criticizing. 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, everybodygoesdown said:

If you keep criticizing a persons’s look and how they present themselves, and keep emphasizing they are weird or strange or keep saying they must be mentally ill that is downright bullying.

I was picked apart for how I looked, dressed, talked when I was a kid. It was plain bullying but I guess if you asked the bullies, they prob would say they were just criticizing. 

I think there’s a big difference between children bullying children and choosing to be a public figure that people will criticize, but I understand what your saying.

1 minute ago, Bingjmljr said:

I think there’s a big difference between children bullying children and choosing to be a public figure that people will criticize, but I understand what your saying.

Everyone has the right to pursue their dreams of being a singer or actor or politicial figure or whatever, without having to sign up to being bullied or picked apart for the rest of their lives.

The problem with the so called “criticism” on this site is that it’s not about professional content (okay Manjobi excluded) or professional decisions, but about looks and very personal private matters. 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Everyone has the right to pursue their dreams of being a singer or actor or politicial figure or whatever, without having to sign up to being bullied or picked apart for the rest of their lives.

The problem with the so called “criticism” on this site is that it’s not about professional content (okay Manjobi excluded) or professional decisions, but about looks and very personal private matters. 

Everyone has the right to pursue their dream… but not without criticism. Maybe in a perfect world. Choosing to be a public figure and stay a public figure is welcoming criticism.

Edited by Bingjmljr

Those who criticize her now are the ones praised her when she did good. She’s currently not doing good. They think praising her at her worst give them some kind of true fan status. 

I myself not a fan of her anymore and this place is just an old habit. I usually come here for unreleased goodies end up watching her instagram videos. 

I don’t know what she’s anymore. That doesn’t make me a hater.

Edited by rebellion_is_the_way
  • Love 1

I think if you’re a fan, you’re a fan. I do think “good” fans want the best for her without bullying her… there’s a difference between bullying someone and suggesting they get help. For the longest time, I’d get so irritated with people constantly telling her to get help and whatnot because she was unfairly kept in an abusive conservatorship.. and it often was combined with a cruel message..     but I do think she needs help from someone trustworthy and stable, whether that’s a therapist or friend. Her spark and her passion is gone, you can see that, she isn’t the same Britney; I  hope someone can help her find that so that she can love herself again and live happily. It’s heartbreaking that she’s hardly had any “real” people in her life, they all want something from her. 

I do think there is a lot of very delusional fans out there and it’s just as toxic as those that are bullying her. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Britannica Dictionary definition of FAN. [count] : a person who likes and admires someone (such as a famous person) or something (such as a sport or a sports team) in a very enthusiastic way. I am a huge baseball fan. sports 

Awkward Cricket GIF

No one said not to criticize. You can dislike how your favorite baseball player performed. Here's the thing: Britney isn't actively performing. 

Criticizing how she lives her life right now borders on weirdly controlling behavior under the guise of concern. 

She's a grown-*** woman; let her be. 

• Like 1

The problem is that there are people who are not satisfied with just giving a little criticism but attack her every move just like the tabloids.. 

It's obvious that she doesn't take care of her mental state, but that doesn't mean you can say whatever you want about her.. I don't think we should bother with her personal life too much.. we have our own problems, so just enjoy the music…

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.