I was rewatching the Don Philip's X-Factor (unedited) audition and I wanna know what do you think of it

On 8/27/2024 at 6:58 AM, Mutya said:

I'll always be thankful for Don Philip for giving us 'Pleasure You'. But now we need the version without his vocals! :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

I always wondered how he got his hands on that demo. There’s no way the song was intended as a duet between him and Brit. His vocals are absolute nails on a chalkboard, and don’t fit the vibe of the song at all. I want a full solo version so bad, the song is 🔥.

I think that this never should've aired and it wouldn't have if there was a single ethical bone in this industry. I hate reality singing shows, especially X-Factor, and their cruel strategies of constructing people as one dimensional characters. And I hate Britney was ever part of it and obviously she hated it as well. 

This poor guy probably felt off the boyband rooster/blond pop sweetheart type in late 1990s revolving around Jive, Zomba, BMG and lost himself completely. There are tons of guys like him, dealing with being "rejects" of the wave. This should not have aired for everyone's sake. 

Even the speculations in this thread are vile, unethical and exploitative. 

Why bring this up?

Edited by mstark
7 minutes ago, mstark said:

I think that this never should've aired and it wouldn't have if there was a single ethical bone in this industry. I hate reality singing shows, especially X-Factor, and their cruel strategies of constructing people as one dimensional characters. And I hate Britney was ever part of it and obviously she hated it as well. 

This poor guy probably felt off the boyband rooster/blond pop sweetheart type in late 1990s revolving around Jive, Zomba, BMG and lost himself completely. There are tons of guys like him, dealing with being "rejects" of the wave. This should not have aired for everyone's sake. 

Even the speculations in this thread are vile, unethical and exploitative. 

Why bring this up?

I didn't mean no harm. I brought this up because I thought it was unfair how Don was treated and I haven't really seen people sharing the same opinion as mine or even discuss it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Fita said:

I didn't mean no harm. I brought this up because I thought it was unfair how Don was treated and I haven't really seen people sharing the same opinion as mine or even discuss it.

Oh, ok, I get it, I definitely agree he was mistreated :(

15 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Not true, Britney may not have had any songs particularly supporting gays but she was always very vocal about it in the interviews etc. She would often say most of her dancers were gay and she's always seen them just the same as anybody else.

I always thought she was silent though.  Aguilera and Madonna were always so extremely vocal.  I don't recall B saying anything in any interviews.  If you can find them, please post.

I also always thought her team wanted her to maintain an extremely non-controversial image and speaking up for gay rights back then was very controversial.  I'll dig to find links.

Edited by doomphantom1
misspellings and addition of team info
  • Haha 1

I think he felt a lot of resentment and anger towards Britney. He probably wished he had the same career Britney had. It all flooded out. It was not the time and place. Britney had every right to feel awkward. She handled it well in the beginning by making him feel welcomed. He used this opportunity as a therapy session. It obviously ****ed Britney up. It probably triggered something in her that she dealt with in her past. He should have read the room and just sang his song. Britney didn’t owe him anything.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, doomphantom1 said:

I always thought she was silent though.  Aguilera and Madonna were always so extremely vocal.  I don't recall B saying anything in any interviews.  If you can find them, please post.

I also always thought her team wanted her to maintain an extremely non-controversial image and speaking up for gay rights back then was very controversial.  I'll dig to find links.

Only this, also there is a question from that show were a girl ask to her if she is a sl** drop (i don't know if is like this the word) when a very femenine guy/trans (no binary probably nowdays) from Philipines ask to her "What would you do if one day your boyfriend told you he was gay?" and she respons "God, let him go with you, no, seriously, I would still be friends with that person but I wouldn't be ***ually attracted to him anymore."
I can't find that show anymore (is fans from all the world asking questions) because is gold.

Also things in the conservatorship but that doesn't count.

But she was with gays always so...

spacer.png

In the book she talks about gays also.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.