(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction + Oops I Did It Again (MTV VMAs 2000) AI HD

A truly mesmerizing performance. The best of her career, and my personal favorite. The way she owned that stage was just otherworldly. And to think, she was just 18 years old.

When will Sean and Jayden? :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

God such an amazing performance in incredible quality too. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

@Fita is Niko your YouTube channel? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Actually, no. It's a channel that posts cool videos of Brit on YouTube and when they upload them and I decide it's worth sharing here then I'll do it 😊

• Love 1

It still gives me the chills. A genuinely PERFECT performance. So unexpected from her at the time. I'm mesmerized by the vocals here too. The leaks from the rehearsals really solidified this as potentially my favorite Britney performance ever. I'll never forget people calling me in my purple clear vtech phone to make sure I was okay after this spectacle.

0749b7df854cec561f5ee725897b926f.jpg

Edited by ElectricPlatypusLove
  • Love 4
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Fita said:

Actually, no. It's a channel that posts cool videos of Brit on YouTube and when they upload them and I decide it's worth sharing here then I'll do it 😊

Well thank you for always sharing the iconic videos! :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

13 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

It still gives me the chills. A genuinely PERFECT performance. So unexpected from her at the time. I'm mesmerized by the vocals here too. The leaks from the rehearsals really solidified this as potentially my favorite Britney performance ever. I'll never forget people calling me in my purple clear vtech phone to make sure I was okay after this spectacle.

0749b7df854cec561f5ee725897b926f.jpg

Yas!!! I’m here for late 90s/early 00s nostalgia! :bow_bowing_orange:

• Love 2

I love virtually everything about this performance. Styling & costuming, the use of the massive Radio City Music Hall stage, the medley and Wade Robson remix of Oops, the props, the dancers... just incredible. 

I love watching it but it also fills me with just a tiny bit of sadness because I keep in mind the larger context of both her fame at the time & the award show and I know the pop music industry will never reach heights like this ever again.

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
10 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I can never choose between this one and the 2001 Slave performance. Both are just insane. No pop star since then has even come close to that, I don’t care how many #1’s they may have. 

I agree.

She truly set the bar high back then.

2 hours ago, femmef4toole said:

Isn’t it kind of funny how nobody on the planet in the history of mankind, in each & every multiverse couldnt touch this performance? It’s enough to put an end to music. 

For real, someone could recreate it and nail the choreography but it’ll never come close to Britney’s entire charisma, her body language and connection with the audience is just perfect, I could watch it over and over and over! 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.