Unpopular Opinion: I still don't like "Hold Me Closer" by Elton John & Britney. Do you guys still enjoy it?

I like the song, I don’t love it.

I think she sounds great vocally but the overall sound of making them sound muddled like they are mumbling annoys me. 

the production is too messy and I wish it was a bit more stripped down to highlight their voices. 

• Like 3

To each their own, but I LOVE it.

I think she sounds great and the song is a really cool take on a classic.

Unlike some of her other songs under the cship, the production is great because you know Elton would not let something be released with any kind of vocal glitches or other flaws.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I think she sounds great vocally but the overall sound of making them sound muddled like they are mumbling annoys me. 

the production is too messy and I wish it was a bit more stripped down to highlight their voices. 

Agreed! Also hello @Puppy:hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

I didn't know you weren't a mod anymore. Wow the OG mods are all no longer mods now. Crazy!!!

I wonder where @SlayOutand @GlitterRainare? :nervousney_thinking_britney_looking_up_hands_face_clasp_ftr_for_the_record:

2 hours ago, JayTawndre said:

Exhale loved this song the moment even the demo came out, before the official version. I remember. :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

I didn't see too many negative threads about the track.

a3511759821_10.jpg

I'm looking back at the song 2 years later... 

I still don't care for this song. Sorry, but I'm being real. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

It's just very lackluster and it goes nowhere. The demo was tolerable because it had more of Britney's vocals in my opinion. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

And what was that "music video" that was released? It was cheesy, random,  and unwatchable. I can see what they were trying to do artistically but it seems awkward to me. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

What do YOU think about the song 2 years after it's release? 

Sound off...

I like it I listened to it this morning, it was a hit mainly because it got MASSIVE radio play imo

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Yeah, they went off with the reverb, the demo sounds less all over the place and has gorgeous adlibs that were sadly deleted in the final mix.

I hold HMC dear anyway, it brings back some good memories, having Britney playing on the radio with a brand new song and people talking about her as an artist rather than a headline-making machine felt surreal after all the cship drama. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Edited by YellowPaperSun
  • Like 3
19 minutes ago, YellowPaperSun said:

Yeah, they went off with the reverb, the demo sounds less all over the place and has gorgeous adlibs that were sadly deleted in the final mix.

I hold HMC dear anyway, it brings back some good memories, having Britney playing on the radio with a brand new song and people talking about her as an artist rather than a headline-making machine felt surreal after all the cship drama. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

I agree! The demo is a lot clear and they should have stayed with that. I still listen to it and it does bring me happy feeling’s especially since back then she vowed not to ever step back into the music industry yet we get this random collab out of nowhere, what fond memories and is what makes me like about her. You never know with her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kleinbritney said:

There were certainly bigger hits by Elton that he was able to re-record with Britney. But basically it was a great collaboration and the song is still played on the radio, at least in Europe. It's timeless music. I like the song.

I think they play it out of sympathy for Britney. 

I love the song. I agree with you that the video is awful. Britney has some of the best music videos in the world so it's sad to see such a boring music video added to her legacy.

I think they could mix the song much better and let Britney have some solo vocal parts. In some ways it's cool when they mix both Elton and Britney's voices together, but it reinforces the notion that "she can't sing" when we all know that isn't the case. 

But it was getting heavy radio rotation which shows it was a good song and the public still wants to hear Britney, when she puts out quality work.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

Yeah I can definitely imagine it's a lot of work and upkeep being a Mod. More power and kudos to you! 

Thanks, yeah everyone said quitting felt liberating so I can understand the feeling.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.