Would A New Britney Album Be Successful or Flop Due To Drama & Headlines?

Britney owes her career to her songs ( most importantly) . Her first 4 albums are timeless. Countless pop stars tried so hard to replicate her sound but failed. And couldn’t go further than being Britney-ish artists.

Second of all, she owes her career to her humble and energetic personality that she used to have. Half of the world learned English just to get to know her better from her promotional interviews. She radiated good energy, painted an unproblematic woman image, she single handedly turn the music industry to her rotation and she gave 0 f to unfair critiques. 
She gave never before seen material, we can add sound, visuals and performances to this. 
That’s how Britney became Britney Spears. 
If you can combine these aspects again; yes she can become successful.

Edited by rebellion_is_the_way
  • Love 5

Her book sold 3+ million. 

If she played her cards right, it could be om of the biggest comebacks, if not ever.

She'd need to fully quit smoking and dedicate herself to training with a vocal coach. Just full on showcase talent in singing, dancing, writing and making a video 

1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:

The difference is Blackout was out before social media really took off like it has the last 10-15 years it's picked up.

This album is iconic, but sales were panned compared to the 3 albums prior, animated video and only 3 singles.

Commercially it bombed at the time.

Back then you really needed the promotion otherwise, even being one of the most photographed person on earth, not everyone was aware of the new album.  

1 hour ago, Louis-j said:

Back then you really needed the promotion otherwise, even being one of the most photographed person on earth, not everyone was aware of the new album.  

Yeah but by that point B had already established a fan base she lost a ton of fans during this cycle.

I think it would be massive. Just the interest alone but Britney always delivers. It makes me think of Blackout. Most of the world thought she was a joke and were really cruel to her and she delivered the best album of her career w/no proper promo just good music and it’s had quite the legacy. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, monkeystar88 said:

I think it would be massive. Just the interest alone but Britney always delivers. It makes me think of Blackout. Most of the world thought she was a joke and were really cruel to her and she delivered the best album of her career w/no proper promo just good music and it’s had quite the legacy. 

When you say massive what level you talking? Taylor, Beyonce, Adele level or?

1 hour ago, Britneystanley said:

If Britney was ever to come back she would have to kill it! Like seriously kill it. Be a proper comeback with great singles, proper promo and performances. Anything less than best will be panned! 

otherwise I’d rather glory be where her career journey ends

The career wouldn't end with Glory it would end with Manjobi.

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Gimme More Blackout GIF by Britney Spears
LEAD SINGLE:
lol Blackout says hi! It really all depends on how it’s released. It can’t be a mind your business or woman’s world. Those days of tracks like that have sailed. It need to be a raw sound like blackout or in the zone. Mature, real, some tracks with lil to no auto tuned. We’ve had 9 albums of pop star Britney it’s time for her to showcase her artistic side and go there creatively… 

Circus Dancing GIF by Britney Spears
MUSIC VIDEOS:

fans and the general public miss music videos from acts like Britney, Beyonce Riri etcBritney would have to do a epic music video for the lead single. it needs slave, toxic, womanizer, circus budget. We need to see her in something controversial and edgy. Top stylist, top dancers, woman director, top choreographer, and set designers. She needs to break the internet. A song like perfume ain’t gonna cut it. 

Britney Spears Smile GIF
TALK TO THE WORLD:

we need a tell all interview and minor press’s this interview should be huge talking about everything she’s willing and ready to talk about. Set the record straight.

britney spears GIF by RealityTVGIFs

FOR THE RECORD ii 

this version is more intimate with the interview style but show casing her actual struggles and her process of where she’s at today and of course her musical comeback. 

britney spears GIF by iHeartRadio

LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION 

She needs to do a one night only show that can be stream on a major streaming service: it can be “live” with her die hard fans or more intimate prerecord performance. This would get new performance footage for tik tok era and also new Getty images lol. But she won’t have to do major award show or things that make her nervous. 

Oops I Did It Again GIF by Britney Spears

ALBUM 

Britney is an entertainer people want to SEE her and if she can get it together she can have a solid comeback.i say this if Nicki can have a number 1 album in 2023 or whenever it came out so can Britney. We can’t have anything half *** tho. Even tho people knock and tear her down the love for her is much stronger. She just has to reach those people.  She would really need to have an experimental album that is current but also different but still highlight the quintessential Britney sound 

• Love 1

GP hasn't cared about Britney for over 10 years. People just want to consume the controversies surrounding her, but when it comes to her art, only her fans are interested. Britney is a dated artist for most people outside the fan bubble. She is not respected as a celebrity, much less as an artist. Try asking a friend or relative who doesn't follow her career what they think about her and the answer will always be negative. Britney has lived with controversy for over 10 years and if it weren't for that, obviously many people from the new generation wouldn't even know who she is. The book sold well because it gave exactly what people expected from her: drama, chaos, controversy... you have to be very delusional to believe that a future album would have the same commercial performance as the book. For this to happen, Britney would have to go through the biggest image cleanup ever seen in the industry. In addition to convincing people that she really has talent, and for that she would have to work hard, with performances, interviews, showing that she participated in the entire production process of the album, that she took control of her life once and for all. and career. Be honest: does anyone see this happening? I am not.

Edited by Joel Santos

the answer is clear. If she gives us smth as she did in her peak times (music video, confidence, stage shows), and if she hires a good team such as taylor's PR team, then yes. it will be succesful.

if its just a song release without a music video and she ll only post one tweet saying her album is out without any world tour or any performances, then it will be no 1 in the first week and fall off the charts next week.

• Like 3

Yeah I don’t think we will see her even debuting at the top of the BB albums chart anymore - but for sure I would expect a HUGE plummet after 1st week and then… probably certified cardboard within a few years. 

I want new Britney music tho if she does it her way OR works well with others tbh idc about charts anymore. 

her image is trash, deserved or not. Aside from a few diehard fans including myself… there’s not much of an audience interested enough. There would have to be a lot of damage control and PR work to be done on Britney’s part too… and is that gonna happen? I’d expect China to invade Antarctica for corn before Britney turns back into a proper pop tart. 

Edited by noimportku
Just now, noimportku said:

Yeah I don’t think we will see her even debuting at the top of the BB albums chart anymore - but for sure I would expect a HUGE plummet after 1st week and then… probably certified cardboard within a few years. 

I want new Britney music tho if she does it her way OR works well with others tbh idc about charts anymore. 

her image is trash, deserved or not. Aside from a few diehard fans including myself… there’s not much of an audience interested enough. There would have to be a lot of damage control and PR work to be done on Britney’s part too… and is that gonna happen? I’d expect China to invade Antarctica for corn than that. 

Plus, I think people are over the overproduced auto tuned style songs. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

the answer is clear. If she gives us smth as she did in her peak times (music video, confidence, stage shows), and if she hires a good team such as taylor's PR team, then yes. it will be succesful.

if its just a song release without a music video and she ll only post one tweet saying her album is out without any world tour or any performances, then it will be no 1 in the first week and fall off the charts next week.

:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

I feel it’ll do as good as the album is. What we can count on is the attention she’ll get, for sure everyone will give the album a try or hear about the single etc. So in terms of a platform, she has one of the biggest ones out there.

but it’ll have to be a good album.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.