Do you chase youth?

10 hours ago, jordeezy river red said:

I never "felt" young. I feel more "young and free" now than I ever did. My diet is better. I feel more free to express myself. Some of us peak in our youth while some peak in older years. We all have our own timeline. Now that I'm in my 30s, there are no more succubus old gays trying to steal my energy. I can go out now without being stalked by someone trying to steal my young essence. It's great. 

Not the succubus old gays :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

• Haha 2

I started regular Botox and experimented with basically all the places to get fillers, even minor surgeries a few years ago at 19/20… Mostly cause I didn’t have to pay much for it, through connections. Got obsessed with the lips for a bit, they were huge and stiff looking (you only notice in hindsight when you go overboard), migrated and I had to dissolve them, now I get them retouched like once a year, if even. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

I'm not really scared of aging as in the arbitrary number going up, I think that's kind of an outdated mindset. I would like my face to look fresh and tight for as long as possible though, just so I feel good looking in the mirror, not for anyone else.

spacer.png

• Super Mods

I don't think I chase it however due to being now 30, I have to be aware of my looks and health as well.

I don't smoke, drink or do dr**s plus I exercise and use a lot of sunscreen, so I think that helps.

Also I think my skin tone also helps me because I read somewhere that the darker the skin is, the more melanin you have and that helps you age slower.

I think the key to remaining youthful throughout life is just to just take care of yourself and be a good and happy person.

Getting old is a privilege, not a curse

Btw happy belated birthday @Fita :) 

• Love 3

Hard topic for me. I did some beauty collagen but i think it didn't help at all. I have my wrinkles and my grey hair and aside from colouring my hair i can't do much. I heard Cameron Diaz saying  smth like  "u need to treasure ur aging, bc aging means u r not dead". And i pretty much go with it. We all want to look young like jane fonda or jlo in their 50s and 70s but it is simply impossible for many with all the money they spend to look what way. I feel sad though my mom had me and my brother in my age and she didn't have grey hair while i do not have kids and my life wasn't that stressfull. My grandmother had black hair till 60s. With all the progress it seems like aging is progressing too.

• Like 1

Cool topic thanks for posting - and appreciate all the insightful responses.  This is a tough one for me - I’m in my mid 40s now (basically a dinosaur in gay years 🤣) & I wouldn’t say I chase youth but I certainly can identify with adjusting to the transition that comes with getting older and grieving the loss of youth and the physical beauty that came with it.  For me, dealing can be tricky.   With respect to wrinkles & wear and tear, I personally choose not to purse any preventative interventions - no judgement for those that use them at all.   I just know myself well enough to know that if I started it wouldn’t satisfy me and nothing would ever be enough if I went down that road.   I think it’s most important to be mindful, acknowledge the feeling & lean into your individual higher power to remind yourself where your worth comes from.  Taking good care of yourself & being kind and compassionate to yourself, avoiding comparisons to others & celebrating your unique individuality where you are without resisting the journey makes a difference.  True beauty comes with maturity imo.  

• Love 3
  • 1 month later...

I struggle a lot but I’m working on it. 
I really wish I had access to “youth” but the truth is, even the celebrities don’t and if they have all the money in the world and still age, us regular people stand no chance so I don’t waste my money on products that are supposed to help delay the process because I really truly feel it’s a genetic game and you either age fantastically or you don’t.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.