Britney History: Outrageous Single Release

Happy Saturday Britney Army Nerds! :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

Today in Britney Spears History:

On July 20th, 2004 "Outrageous" was released as the fourth and ultimately final single from In The Zone. While Jive Records had wanted the song as a single over previous singles "Me Against the Music" and "Toxic," Britney had delayed the song's release. It was ultimately released as part of a campaign for Halle Berry's 2004 film Catwoman.

The song peaked at #79 on the BBH100. It has only been performed live at The Onyx Hotel Tour.

A music video, set to premiere on June 28th, was cancelled after Britney was injured on set, which also caused the cancellation of the remaining dates of The Onyx Hotel Tour. A composite of various scenes that were recorded prior to the injury were included on the DVD release of Greatest Hits: My Prerogative. The video features rapper Snoop Dogg.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 1

Back in the day, I remember being braced for Outrageous to be a big summer hit due to the Catwoman connection. Then I remember the photos of her on set dragging the TV wearing black lingerie and a trench coat, the pics of her dressed like K-Fed on the basketball court, SNOOP DOGG...it was like it played out in slow motion but then the word of the knee injury and the cancellation of the release and the remainder of her tour and...it was a pretty sad time for us young Britney fans.

edit: The only bright side was Catwoman was an utter flop so being attached to it would not necessarily have been good for Britney's career at that time, but then maybe with Britney attached to it, the film might have done better, bringing Britney's large fanbase to the theaters like Drive Me Crazy did. 

Edited by ElectricPlatypusLove
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

edit: The only bright side was Catwoman was an utter flop so being attached to it would not necessarily have been good for Britney's career at that time, but then maybe with Britney attached to it, the film might have done better, bringing Britney's large fanbase to the theaters like Drive Me Crazy did. 

WOW! I honestly remember thinking the same thing. I actually enjoyed the Catwoman movie personally but understood why it flopped. I am curious to know if Britney’s involvement in the movie would have helped it. 

9 hours ago, Ehju0901 said:

I’m glad we got this remix out of it.

That remix slays!!! :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

2 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

Unlike many other Britney singles, this one was easily available to buy in Poland. Which is weird, because singles are usually hard to get here. I bought the 12".

Nice. She looks beautiful on the cover art. I have the USA promo single and the Japan Maxi Single. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.