Getting this off my chest....

9 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

spacer.png

she literally skipped the question to tell that it was bad.

In fact, you don’t need someone to tell you it was bad. It was refreshing to see her cover it but putting shame Beyonce? Ok…

For real, we heard Bey and Britney on the same songs before and Brit vocally doesn't hold a torch to Bey.

In this ad Britney clearly is weaker vocally than Bey and Pink.

• Love 1
Posted (edited)

Her voice was never great. It was average at best. Even as a kid, she could belt, but her voice wasn’t memorable. What she has is a super unique voice and amazing stage presence, so i understand why her vocals were never really a priority. She and her team were smart to sell her as an entertainer rather than a singer. 

Edited by Kaitlyn Johnson
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Emil87 said:

The media and half the world destroyed the confidence she had in her voice as a child. And confidence plays a huge part when it comes to singing.

Also, her vocal delivery on “Everytime” is unmatched to this day, so you’re wrong there. No one can sing that song the way she can. I can’t remember all of it, but there was a quote once that described her as a vocal actress. Which is right on.

I meant when she was singing Everytime live.

I think smoking may have affected her voice. Also, consciously, she likes variety in her vocals, which is why she has been promoted as a versatile singer. This has made her successful because her music continues growing and innovating. I may not have appreciated it back then ... but I appreciate how sonically Slave is so different from Oops, and it just keeps her discography so fresh. In contrast, I love her to death, but Katy Perry's music has gotten stale. 

Even privileged voices need to keep their training. People think you either sing well or you do not. It is not quite like that. Singing is more similar to training muscles. You might be good, but if you stop training it will wear down.  Britney did not train and her struggles also affected her physically

• Love 1
  • Like 2

She can train for months and she'll be fine with her singing. Practice needed for every talent. I think they prioritized performing. She said it herself smth like  her voice is ok, she just is more about vibe and creating a show experience for an audience.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

I think her handlers were just ok if she had some dancing and was $exy on stage... her artistry never was really pushed. It was just to remind the prime years... they sold Britney as a nostalgia act since the beginning of the c-ship. Money was the priority, not the art and risks.

She had the potential to be more respected and more versatile as a singer, but her career and overall image was terribly worked through the years. 

Timberlake, Beyonce, Rihanna evolved their sound and performance. Britney said she wanted to do more urban and even rock sounds... had to record party songs with no substance and heavily edited vocals. 

The obvious lipsynching was just really really bad. She was not even trying anymore. 

Exactly.

She became a legacy artist when she was barely in her 30s.

If her team cared about her career, they would've encouraged her artistry like you said instead of making her some 90s/early 00s nostalgia act so quick in her career.

Yeah the lipsyncing in performances during the conservatorship were hard to watch cause of that.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I don’t think her voice was ever that great to be honest and that is ok. Because is a performer and not just a singer. When she was singing live during her oops era you could tell she really struggled with hitting high notes so she relied on backup singers. I think she never really had a very strong voice but I still love her as long as she is having fun. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: By the way I think the last time she sang was when she was on the Xfactor she sang happy birthday to LA Reid and it was really good in my opinion 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

The fact that these are the best vocals of her entire career will always blow my mind 

https://youtu.be/5HqtE1RMtk0?feature=shared

I honestly think she gets stage fright and “looses her voice” I have noticed I had that happen to me when I had to do Karaoke and I couldn’t sing because everyone was watching me. So I wonder if that’s why she prefers not to sing live. Here in this video she wasn’t that well known at the time and probably felt a lot less scared to be on stage 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.