Britney interviews Tate Mcrae on the new edition of V Magazine

12 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

the 20-year-old Canadian singing sensation ... literally who is this wannabe? 

mariah-carey-side-eye.gif

Britney interviewing? right...  but slay I guess :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

where have u been? She had a SMASH hit last year with more than 1 billion stream on spotify

• Like 1

I just hope that they really took the time to hangout - get to know each other a bit, ask meaningful questions and give meaningful answers.

I hope this was not something impersonal done over email. because then I don’t really care for it.

I hope Britney goes deep with the questions as she really knows this industry.

And we can only dream there’s video.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, willys said:

where have u been? She had a SMASH hit last year with more than 1 billion stream on spotify

I just checked her Spotify and her listeners are not from the US so that's why I've never heard of her. Good luck to her I guess :elton:

Posted (edited)

I met Tate last month and asked her if she’d collab with Britney. She said it would be really fun and she’d love to BUT she said she’d really love to collab with The Weeknd. She seemed to lean towards that more. 

So I don’t think there is a collab in the works but she seems to be a big fan. 

Edited by Revenge.
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

This doesn’t sound like something Britney would do. What an insult to her career to be interviewing a flop like McRib who the gays are desperately trying to make the “next” Britney :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Not a Dull Flopa fan making fun of Tate. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: Neither releases great music, but Tate is easily the best pop performer since Britney.

8 minutes ago, BritBreakitDown20 said:

Britney: how do you like spending your day offs? 

Tate: maybe hang out with my friends, movie night, spa..

Britney: Holy F**CK YALL i went to the spa with my Brother and let me tell you they had BALLS hanging from the ceiling  and CANDLES :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

Tate: oh thats cool do you want to ask me about my music maybe? :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Britney: no BALLS lets talk BALLS :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

:billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

This doesn’t sound like something Britney would do. What an insult to her career to be interviewing a flop like McRib who the gays are desperately trying to make the “next” Britney :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I’m assuming your an adult or do you just spend your spare time dragging successful up and coming artists 

maybe look closer to home

on another note this is great just hope the questions aren’t generic wish it was a filmed one!

2 minutes ago, Gewakefie said:

I’m assuming your an adult or do you just spend your spare time dragging successful up and coming artists 

maybe look closer to home

on another note this is great just hope the questions aren’t generic wish it was a filmed one!

You Swifties are insufferable. Get a job 

BRITNEY SPEARS: You’re an incredible performer. I’ve seen some of your performances and each one continues to top the next. Where do you find inspiration?

TATE MCRAE: Wow! Thank you so much. That means so much coming from you. I find that a lot of the inspiration comes from the musical arrangement. One of my favorite parts of the process is playing around and finding new variations of each song—I feel like that always inspires new choreography and a different feeling. However, looking back at iconic performances (like yours) is also very motivating.

BS: Your song, “you broke me first,” is one of my favorite songs. What is the story behind the song and what inspired you to write and record it?

TM: That means the world to me. I actually wrote “you broke me first” when I was 16 and had never experienced real heartbreak before— only on a small scale. It stemmed from a couple of different places, like taking inspiration from friendships or situation-ships, and they all left me with the same feeling—dealing with someone wanting your relationship back, after giving them your all and them not recognizing it. It’s a sad but empowering feeling afterward.

BS: How did you fall in love with music and dance?

TM: I’ve always been surrounded by music and dancing. My mom owned a dance studio when I was super young so I was constantly in the presence of older dancers who I admired. Becoming a performer was all I ever wanted to do, for as long as I can remember.

BS: What is the hardest part about being an artist of your stature at this point?

TM: I would say the pressure I put on myself. I have been a perfectionist my entire life, so sometimes the hyper-critical thoughts can fully consume you. I try to trust my gut as much as possible and not take in that many outside opinions.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Revenge. said:

BRITNEY SPEARS: You’re an incredible performer. I’ve seen some of your performances and each one continues to top the next. Where do you find inspiration?

TATE MCRAE: Wow! Thank you so much. That means so much coming from you. I find that a lot of the inspiration comes from the musical arrangement. One of my favorite parts of the process is playing around and finding new variations of each song—I feel like that always inspires new choreography and a different feeling. However, looking back at iconic performances (like yours) is also very motivating.

BS: Your song, “you broke me first,” is one of my favorite songs. What is the story behind the song and what inspired you to write and record it?

TM: That means the world to me. I actually wrote “you broke me first” when I was 16 and had never experienced real heartbreak before— only on a small scale. It stemmed from a couple of different places, like taking inspiration from friendships or situation-ships, and they all left me with the same feeling—dealing with someone wanting your relationship back, after giving them your all and them not recognizing it. It’s a sad but empowering feeling afterward.

BS: How did you fall in love with music and dance?

TM: I’ve always been surrounded by music and dancing. My mom owned a dance studio when I was super young so I was constantly in the presence of older dancers who I admired. Becoming a performer was all I ever wanted to do, for as long as I can remember.

BS: What is the hardest part about being an artist of your stature at this point?

TM: I would say the pressure I put on myself. I have been a perfectionist my entire life, so sometimes the hyper-critical thoughts can fully consume you. I try to trust my gut as much as possible and not take in that many outside opinions.

Is this real?

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.