Perrie - Forget About Us (Official Video)

Not what I was hoping for but she looks very pretty, especially when she’s in the formal gown. I wish it had a storyline and showcased her individuality. Yes many others have done music videos where they dance around in their homes and pools and have set ups at the beach, but I feel like because Miley’s Flowers was just last year and it was huge, it feels like I’m watching Perrie doing Flowers. 

Still love the song so much! She just has to promote a lot. I really want to see her succeed as a solo artist! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1

The final chorus sounds great. I wish all the choruses were the same, but the first 2 are sonically weak.

The start of the song is awful. There should’ve been some kind of instrumental introduction. It’s quite jarring going straight into a shouty acapella lyric.

The verse melody isn’t great either. Not Ed Sheeran’s best. It sounds a rushed vocal delivery too, like she can’t quite fit all the words in, with no resonance to the chorus. 

Lyrically I take issue with the chorus, too; which is saved by the catchy melody, thankfully! Anyone who puts the word ‘hoody’ into a song is gonna put me off. ‘Bonfire smoke on your hoody that I stole from your flat’ - cmon Perrie, you’re 32, not Olivia Rodrigo.

I like the country-esque vibes and think a Kelly Clarkson style works for her, but I think she needs to keep working to find her sound. 

I’m just ready for Jade Thirwall to bring some urban camp pop bangers, now. 

• Love 1

Charted at 10 in the UK.

I liked the video but cannot believe this was a 3 day shoot.

They shot it in South Africa but most of it was filmed inside, so could have been anywhere :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Still rooting for all four LM girls!

Edited by Revenge.
On 4/20/2024 at 7:36 AM, troubleforyou said:

The final chorus sounds great. I wish all the choruses were the same, but the first 2 are sonically weak.

The start of the song is awful. There should’ve been some kind of instrumental introduction. It’s quite jarring going straight into a shouty acapella lyric.

The verse melody isn’t great either. Not Ed Sheeran’s best. It sounds a rushed vocal delivery too, like she can’t quite fit all the words in, with no resonance to the chorus. 

Lyrically I take issue with the chorus, too; which is saved by the catchy melody, thankfully! Anyone who puts the word ‘hoody’ into a song is gonna put me off. ‘Bonfire smoke on your hoody that I stole from your flat’ - cmon Perrie, you’re 32, not Olivia Rodrigo.

I like the country-esque vibes and think a Kelly Clarkson style works for her, but I think she needs to keep working to find her sound. 

I’m just ready for Jade Thirwall to bring some urban camp pop bangers, now. 

I mean she’s 30 and people of all ages wear hoodies … 

On 4/21/2024 at 3:08 PM, Revenge. said:

Charted at 10 in the UK.

I liked the video but cannot believe this was a 3 day shoot.

They shot it in South Africa but most of it was filmed inside, so could have been anywhere :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Still rooting for all four LM girls!

So Jesy has the highest peaking single in the UK so far? :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1

Yay so happy for Perrie’s top 10 debut. As an American it’s hard to grasp her appeal/ success since we’ve never really had any LM be mainstream here. So since the song made no impact here (I think they purposely didn’t try to break Perrie here) I’m so glad the songs a hit. I can’t wait to see more live performances from her :bouncey:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Revenge. said:

Yes, iconic Queen :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Well, she deserved it. That song is a bop, and she received unnecessary backlash… I blame her team at that time for neglecting their artists like that. She is a star anyway!

• Love 1

I really like the song but the production sounds cheap in a lot of ways. Like I can tell they recorded it at her house. Her vocal production isn’t super clear and crisp. And the beginning of the song is odd (as someone mentioned prior). I’m rooting for her though! She has an incredible voice 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block