Do you think she’s okay with her relevancy decreasing?

It’s pretty clear Britney does a lot of Instagram for attention .. I think she doesn’t mind some of the bad press as long as she is relevant and gets attention. Most of last year was hype regarding the book but now that there’s nothing upcoming, I’m curious if she’ll work on getting something out there … not necessarily in the industry .. but like a way to keep herself relevant. I feel celebrities are a bit addicted to the admiration and fame .. regardless of what they say … curious what’s next for her … 

Um you kinda just answered your own question?? Lol

If anything, she’s more relevant than ever. Her legacy will always be celebrated. All the new pop girls love and continue to praise and draw inspiration from her — Tyla,  Tate McRae, Billie, Olivia, etc. She gets endless imitations and millions of reactions on TikTok, thanks to Ashley. “Baby One More Time” was just featured on a smash blockbuster hit. “Toxic” — recently on Madame Webb. I’m sure directors and producers are probably knocking at her door right now begging to translate her book into a biopic. She’s breaking her own Spotify records. “BOMT” will soon hit 1 billion views on YouTube. Not to mention, the newer generation really gravitates towards her timeless pop music as it perfectly encapsulates the Y2K era/2000s. 

Britney Spears will always be famous, even if she doesn’t want to lift a finger. 

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 6

I think this is a complex question and I don't think there's a black-and-white answer. I personally believe she doesn't want the relevancy but she also doesn't know how to live without it, does that make sense? so it's a constant fight between asking to be left alone but at the same time seeking that external acceptance and validation...Like not wanting the eyes of the world on her but she also wants it there when she feels she needs it. This is not to speak negatively about her by the way, I think healing is a journey and it's not easy what she's going through... Yes, the abuse was a nightmare, but healing sometimes could be even more difficult than the nightmare itself because you have to deal with it and come face to face with the demons that attacked you in order to overcome them and move forward.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

As long as his working future is entrusted to Cade, there will be nothing good, only shoddy things.
Social media is not real life; Britney uses it to feel part of the world, appreciated, and to have fun, as we do when we post a photo.

Tbh Britney is more relevant than ever in today’s culture highlighted by the continuous debate of mental health and abusive systems in and out of Hollywood. I think you do a huge disservice to her by neglecting to mention that. Her instagram is Britney the person I don’t think she’s trying to get attention. She can command attention if she wants but I think she’s trying to express herself to the world like real artists do. 

• Haha 1

She's a living legend. It's going to be a looooong time before she could truly be considered irrelevant, depending on your definition of that term. Nearly everyone knows who she is, and those who don't will learn eventually.

That being said, I can't imagine what coming of age in the environment she did would do to a person's psyche. She deserves peace, and I hope she has it or finds it. ❤

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block