Britney was 28th most streamed female artist on Spotify yesterday

Honest question because I’m not super versed with streaming, but why is there so much importance placed on Spotify? If streams from YouTube, Apple Music, tidal, Amazon, ect count toward an artists charting and certification, why is Spotify the say all be all? Is it just the more popular one? Personally I use Apple Music because I like that whatever’s not available on the service to stream, I can still upload it to my iTunes library and all is good. I used to use free Spotify but with ads it got annoying and I couldn’t add my own music to the service so I went with Apple. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Honest question because I’m not super versed with streaming, but why is there so much importance placed on Spotify? If streams from YouTube, Apple Music, tidal, Amazon, ect count toward an artists charting and certification, why is Spotify the say all be all? Is it just the more popular one? Personally I use Apple Music because I like that whatever’s not available on the service to stream, I can still upload it to my iTunes library and all is good. I used to use free Spotify but with ads it got annoying and I couldn’t add my own music to the service so I went with Apple. 

Money.

Also, streams = digital copies sold = new plaques for albums and songs

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

Money.

Thank you for the breakdown!
Oh I read about how Spotify was paying out artists money for their streams. Do the other platforms not compensate the artists? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

Money.

50 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Thank you for the breakdown!
Oh I read about how Spotify was paying out artists money for their streams. Do the other platforms not compensate the artists? 

There isn't much money in streaming... like at all... That's why you have artists *cough* Taylor *cough* releasing x amount of the same album in vinyls and CDs etc. and a bigger focus on touring. In my opinion streaming numbers are ultimately meaningless. :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SJK said:

I always wondered as well why Spotify was the leader. 

so me using Apple and streaming music through them doesn’t count as a stream? Genuinely curious as well 

Because it's the biggest one. It has the most payed subscribers. And more artists

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This sounds like a really bad position, doesn't it? That means 26 other females were in front of her. Let's assume they are the obvious ones... Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Ariana Grande .. I mean who else ? Let's assume we can think of another 10 I missed... That still leaves Britney at #27.... I mean, who else is in front of her ? Tori Kelly? Tatu? Miranda Lambert? Solange???

I'm confused at the insinuation that #27 is a good position... If this includes males and females... Maybe... But this is just females...

:typing_keyboard_computer:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AII said:

This sounds like a really bad position, doesn't it? That means 26 other females were in front of her. Let's assume they are the obvious ones... Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Ariana Grande .. I mean who else ? Let's assume we can think of another 10 I missed... That still leaves Britney at #27.... I mean, who else is in front of her ? Tori Kelly? Tatu? Miranda Lambert? Solange???

I'm confused at the insinuation that #27 is a good position... If this includes males and females... Maybe... But this is just females...

:typing_keyboard_computer:

No it’s a really good position. And btw it’s 28th not 27th ;) 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block