How many single choices did they get right ?

I was thinking about how I don’t believe the right singles were chosen during the conservatorship and wondered what everyone else’s score would be. So out of the 12 singles released from studio albums in the conservatorship how many do you think deserved to be singles ? Post your scores below 

womanizer , circus , IUSA, Radar, HIAM, TTWE, IWG, criminal , Work, Perfume, Make Me , Slumber Party 

Mine is 

6/12 which is actually higher than I thought it would be. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Nice thread. This is actually a tough one. Personally I think the Circus album had some of the best singles, aside from Radar. So I’ll go with Womanizer, Circus, and If U Seek Amy. Till the World Ends and Hold it Against Me were excellent choices as well, despite not being my favs they were made for radio. Slumber Party was a good choice too, but not as second single. So I guess I got 6/12 as well!

• Love 3

womanizer , circus , IUSA, Radar, HIAM, TTWE, IWG, criminal , Work, Perfume, Make Me , Slumber Party

Circus: 3/4 (I like radar but it was such an after thought) 

Femme Fatale: 4/4 (flawless choices. The album could’ve given even more singles)

BJ: 2/2 (controversial take, but given the material this was the best choices for singles. WB became iconic and Perfume, although it underperformed it showcased vocal talents that had been missing from an official single for the GP to hear)

Glory: 1/2 (Slumber Party was a good choice for a single but maybe as a third single. Do You Wanna Come Over should’ve been the lead single. It gave classic pop Britney but more mature. And although I like Make Me, it just shouldn’t have been a single. )

total: 10/12

• Like 2

"Kill The Lights" would have outperformed "If U Seek Amy". "Out From Under" would have been a good single #4. 

"Seal It With A Kiss" should have been single 4 from FF with "Criminal" as 5. 

BJ should have been scrapped and "Work B" shoulda been a Vegas EP.

Album in 2014 would have been nice.  Could have contained remixed from Vegas EP.

Glory should have had "Invitation" as single 1, "Do U Wanna Come Over" as single 2, "Better" as single 3 and "Moodring" as single 4. 

Edited by jordeezy river red
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

womanizer , circus , IUSA, Radar, HIAM, TTWE, IWG, criminal , Work, Perfume, Make Me , Slumber Party

Circus: 3/4 (I like radar but it was such an after thought) 

Femme Fatale: 4/4 (flawless choices. The album could’ve given even more singles)

BJ: 2/2 (controversial take, but given the material this was the best choices for singles. WB became iconic and Perfume, although it underperformed it showcased vocal talents that had been missing from an official single for the GP to hear)

Glory: 1/2 (Slumber Party was a good choice for a single but maybe as a third single. Do You Wanna Come Over should’ve been the lead single. It gave classic pop Britney but more mature. And although I like Make Me, it just shouldn’t have been a single. )

total: 10/12

Actually such a good point about Perfume 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

Nothing worse than ending the Oops era with DLMBTLTK when DGKOMD, CMYLM and WUSIWUG exist. AND if they had to end with a slower song then why not end with Where Are You Now? :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

,,WYAN" sounds like a Kidz Pop song. Love the vocals but there's hardly any depth to it. They should have ended the era with ,,When Your Eyes Say It.'' ,,CMYLM'' and ,,WUS" sounded very sonically similar to ,,Oops" and ,,Stronger" so I can understand why they didn't choose those as singles. 

I like most her singles chosen by the Conservatorship they delivered good second singles. 

I think make me was a bad single choice all around, slumber party was single worthy.

disclaimer- most of glory is single worthy, such a missed opportunity 

Edited by Oprah Winfrey.
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block