“Britney Spears brand and person can’t be too edgier”

So, this song is on my mind and for the first time I saw the visuals 

Its like Britney can do that but she can’t the way she hair flips is too edgier for Britney “the brand” “the artists”, maybe bc she was such a good american girl in the beginning? That’s why Taylor Swift is famous bc the good sweet american girl is an idea that people love.

I will start to compare everyone in the sense of “will be Britney look good comfortable doing that?” 

I wish she was able to be like girls like Tove Lo, you know, those 35+ free women we have in Europe, that go out with **** out and stuff like that,

but this fan base is horrified when she tries to play with fake tattoos (including myself), could you imagine something else?

I personally have this insecurity of being a Britney fan, it’s like a childhood trauma… when Britney was in her peak I always wanted her to prove people something different that would make people see she’s evolving… it’s like in my eyes she was always evolving as an artist but something got blocked there around 2005 even tho Blackout happened and it’s awesome, anyways, I’m losing my point and lazy.

This thread is for OLD FANS, do you ever have that in yourself? 

I will leave that to therapy it can lead to something like, give your all, give all your love but you can’t or be afraid bc if the lack of response or the unknown reflection.

About Zara, I really like her but there’s something lacking, she’s really a vocalist performer but her voice is not that appealing somehow, sometimes it’s like a 5 year old doing her best, still good, she’s just doesn’t match what’s popular now, eve when I try to include her in my playlist, it feels out of place, it feels a little bit outdated, so it’s a mood for me. And even if she’s a vocalist and her lyrics are cool her visuals and dancing is the best.

I want to do that dance

Edited by Jup1ter
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Jup1ter said:

So, this song is on my mind and for the first time I saw the visuals 

Its like Britney can do that but she can’t the way she hair flips is too edgier for Britney “the brand” “the artists”, maybe bc she was such a good american girl in the beginning? That’s why Taylor Swift is famous bc the good sweet american girl is an idea that people love.

I will start to compare everyone in the sense of “will be Britney look good comfortable doing that?” 

I wish she was able to be like girls like Tove Lo, you know, those 35+ free women we have in Europe, that go out with **** out and stuff like that,

but this fan base is horrified when she tries to play with fake tattoos (including myself), could you imagine something else?

I personally have this insecurity of being a Britney fan, it’s like a childhood trauma… when Britney was in her peak I always wanted her to prove people something different that would make people see she’s evolving… it’s like in my eyes she was always evolving as an artist but something got blocked there around 2005 even tho Blackout happened and it’s awesome, anyways, I’m losing my point and lazy.

This thread is for OLD FANS, do you ever have that in yourself? 

I will leave that to therapy it can lead to something like, give your all, give all your love but you can’t or be afraid bc if the lack of response or the unknown reflection.

About Zara, I really like her but there’s something lacking, she’s really a vocalist performer but her voice is not that appealing somehow, sometimes it’s like a 5 year old doing her best, still good, she’s just doesn’t match what’s popular now, eve when I try to include her in my playlist, it feels out of place, it feels a little bit outdated, so it’s a mood for me. And even if she’s a vocalist and her lyrics are cool her visuals and dancing is the best.

I want to do that dance

Well i kinda understand what you are saying. I am 35 years old, and i have been a fan since BOMT. 

what i feel is like by the time she releases BOMT everything was fine, she was the true american sweetheart, but from there i feel like i always had the need to justify her acts because people felt like they were fooled, because the sweet image turned into a more **** image on stage and while promoting, which i approve, i think britney likes to feel herself and we can see that, through the persona she brings to the stage. But, away from the cameras, the down to earth girl she always was,  was still there.

i think Britney was a person that unfortunatly had all eyes on her waiting for her to do the next step, so the media could talk trash about her…

Britney’s life was/is a hard life…. 

”i go through life like a karate kid”

Britney’s life made me realize that the most common dream of the teenagers - being famous, singers, actors…. Its actually a nightmare if you dont have people who really like you and can guide you… (besides the profit you will make them do)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block