Justin Timberlake drops new album ‘Everything I Thought I Was’

Yeah the lyrics in Flame seem really personal and he referred to it as “Emotional” 

I would actually go as far as say Technicolor might be about her or at least inspired by her. Make sure you stretch for this reach lol: 

Ooh-ahh) My Marilyn Monroe, but the modern-day
(Ooh-ahh) Don't let all these lights and colors on you go to waste
(Ooh-ahh) Come closer and let me take up all your space
Let's connect to outer space
And I gotta say

Who thinks of Jessica Biel as Marilyn Monroe? The “Go to waste” phrase shows up in Strawberry Bubblegum and Battle of the ***xxes (which was supposed to be their duet - in fact the lyrics from her verse can be found in Strawberry Bubblegum) and then the outer space reference (Spaceship Coupe and Britney’s Alien)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, YeezusChrist said:

Is Flame about Brit? Or just inspired by her? Either way, it's been on repeat for me. Easily his best song in a while. Who knows maybe it's the next single as well

I dont wanna be delulu and say it is about Brit lol but i agree! Definitely has to be a single. Its been on repeat for me as well.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, j4j05 said:

Yeah the lyrics in Flame seem really personal and he referred to it as “Emotional” 

I would actually go as far as say Technicolor might be about her or at least inspired by her. Make sure you stretch for this reach lol: 

And I gotta say

Who thinks of Jessica Biel as Marilyn Monroe? The “Go to waste” phrase shows up in Strawberry Bubblegum and Battle of the ***xxes (which was supposed to be their duet - in fact the lyrics from her verse can be found in Strawberry Bubblegum) and then the outer space reference (Spaceship Coupe and Britney’s Alien)

Yes omg I'm so glad I'm not the only one who picked up on these.

While I understand that the whole theme of the album is to sort of tribute his past work I do find it interesting the songs he chose were adjacent.  He said he did almost 100 songs and these are the ones he chose.

Which is why I think she is his muse. Not necessarily that he still loves her bbut we saw what we got when he tried to wrote about Jessica. 

As soon as he said Marilyn Monroe my eyes got big hahah any space or water themed songs are about her in my opinion 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, j4j05 said:

And I gotta say

Yeeees!
He's deleted it now, but he posted this on Instagram and it was a bit of a hot topic on Exhale at the time.

It was during the time Britney was fighting to get out after she went public with her conservatorship issues.

47488511-9956625-Lovely_A_floral_Marilyn

Justin Timberlake shares rare selfie with wife Jessica Biel on Instagram | Daily Mail Online
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9956625/Justin-Timberlake-shares-rare-selfie-wife-Jessica-Biel-Instagram.html

Rose🌹, someone who is said to look like Marilyn Monroe.
He is obviously referring to Britney.

Also, on 20/20, there is Blindness, a song that is supposedly about color and her. (And the lyrics of Blindness are obviously related to the lyrics of Technicolor.)
I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but most of the other songs could be about Britney:airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

And of course, Rose🌹 is one of the important keywords on his new album:wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 2
9 hours ago, turquoise said:

Yeeees!
He's deleted it now, but he posted this on Instagram and it was a bit of a hot topic on Exhale at the time.

It was during the time Britney was fighting to get out after she went public with her conservatorship issues.

47488511-9956625-Lovely_A_floral_Marilyn

Justin Timberlake shares rare selfie with wife Jessica Biel on Instagram | Daily Mail Online
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9956625/Justin-Timberlake-shares-rare-selfie-wife-Jessica-Biel-Instagram.html

Rose🌹, someone who is said to look like Marilyn Monroe.
He is obviously referring to Britney.

Also, on 20/20, there is Blindness, a song that is supposedly about color and her. (And the lyrics of Blindness are obviously related to the lyrics of Technicolor.)
I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but most of the other songs could be about Britney:airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

And of course, Rose🌹 is one of the important keywords on his new album:wink_britney_everytime_white:

Didn’t know about Blindness, but I just checked out the lyrics - he plucked out the word technicolor and made a whole song about it lol

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.