'State of Grace' [Blackout Outtake]

State of Grace was a song I was always looking forward to, so I was really disappointed when it didn't make it to Blackout. Given that Heaven on Earth and Why Should I Be Sad made it, I think this could've really fit well with the album - even if to break it up (as I still thing WSIBS was a good closer). It's so ethereal, and she's always done ethereal/laid back/zen so well (Shadow, Touch of My Hand, Everytime, Breathe on Me, Strangest Love, etc.).

I feel like it's such a sweet spot, that I feel it should've gotten to the main tracklist, or even a bonus track (Outta This World was pretty mellow too). So man, I'm still gutted when people bring this up haha, I bloody love it and I would've loved to hear it in full quality someday.

And Strangest Love - maaan, that's another one. What an absolute GEM of a song. Perhaps Shadow took the place of the ethereal on that album, but given how every single was so diverse and unique, I think this could've fit. I'd take that over Brave New Girl and put that into a bonus track or something. These two tracks - strangest love and state of grace - will always be such massively missed opportunities that I hope see a release from the vault, officially, someday (...i will understand).

5 hours ago, OneLife said:

Jive Records got what they deserved when they shut down! They threw away so many good songs!:liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Whoever is the reason why this song was not released should be punished

I 100% agree with you. 200% even. What an incredible song, the chorus is so freaking brilliant. I remember having a phase where it was on repeat when I moved house last year. It reminds me of the way a Michael Jackson song, which was also unreleased from the Dangerous album, started inconspicuously, but then the chorus just blew your mind with the harmonies and atmospheric nature of it all. SUCH A GOOD SONG. Haha.

• Love 1

State Of Grace should’ve replaced Out Of This World on the Japanese edition or been saved and released on Circus as it fits that album better and could’ve easily replaced My Baby or Out From Under! Even though it leaked, if we ever get an unreleased album I think it should be included because the general public needs to hear it, same with Strangest Love! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block