It seems as though Britney’s team dodged certain physical releases?

Am I right in thinking that the following singles by Britney Spears were never released on audio CD?

* Radar (seen one on EBay but SUS)

* Criminal (as just a single - not a remix cd)

* S&M Remix

* TTWE Remix

* Perfume

* Tom’s Diner

* Make Me

* Slumber Party (seen one on EBay but SUS)

* Swimming in the Stars

*Mind Your Business (seen one on EBay but SUS)

There’s a few others below that I don’t believe were singles but had some kind of official release or have heard of promo CDs existing:

* Mood Ring

*Matches (seen one on EBay but SUS) 

It’s a bit annoying (not to mention random AF (if I’m right)) that these were never produced on audio CD. I’ve basically been looking through my collection prior to moving house and even though I’m passed completing, this list it still irks me :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Edited by femmef4toole
  • Like 1

Radar got two rare singles both for Blackout and Circus, they have different cover pictures. Perfume got a not for sale/promo for radio CD release in some places, as far as I know, I never managed to get one. The two Glory singles got these suspicious Asian promo CDs + even Private Show, but I wouldn't trust them.

The two last official CD singles were Pretty Girls and Hold Me Closer thanks to Elton.

You can find 100s of different editions from China on Ebay, usually from a fake Interscope Records, but none of them are real, no matter how good they look.

But yes, Discogs is the best place to get more infos about them.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, DarielXO said:

Radar got two rare singles both for Blackout and Circus, they have different cover pictures. Perfume got a not for sale/promo for radio CD release in some places, as far as I know, I never managed to get one. The two Glory singles got these suspicious Asian promo CDs + even Private Show, but I wouldn't trust them.

The two last official CD singles were Pretty Girls and Hold Me Closer thanks to Elton.

You can find 100s of different editions from China on Ebay, usually from a fake Interscope Records, but none of them are real, no matter how good they look.

But yes, Discogs is the best place to get more infos about them.

Aw thank you! This was what I thought like those CDs I could find seemed a bit dodgy so it’s good to know they were available worldwide. If there’s just a select few authentic ones licking about that aren’t easy to obtain I’m too bothered haha. Thanks again for clarifying :D

41 minutes ago, femmef4toole said:

Aw thank you! This was what I thought like those CDs I could find seemed a bit dodgy so it’s good to know they were available worldwide. If there’s just a select few authentic ones licking about that aren’t easy to obtain I’m too bothered haha. Thanks again for clarifying :D

Fun fact: Onyx actually got a special CD+DVD release in... South Africa! Even though Discogs still labels them as bootleg/unofficial, but many different sources claim they actually got a permission from her label back then to release it. So I bought those.

And there are legends about a release from the Philippines where the local fan club got the permission to release That's Where You Take Me as part of their own promo campaign for Britney, but that's never been confirmed. Discogs also labels that as unofficial.

So some releases are in the gray zone.

I checked because I didn't even know it got a release, and this is where you can still order MYB from Epic Records, it's even cheaper than buying it from Discogs.

EPICRECORDS.SHOP.MUSICTODAY.COM

PLEASE NOTE: This is a pre-order item. This item will ship in 4-6 weeks. Limited to 4 units per customer per order.
Edited by DarielXO
  • Love 1
On 2/18/2024 at 2:47 AM, DarielXO said:

Fun fact: Onyx actually got a special CD+DVD release in... South Africa! Even though Discogs still labels them as bootleg/unofficial, but many different sources claim they actually got a permission from her label back then to release it. So I bought those.

And there are legends about a release from the Philippines where the local fan club got the permission to release That's Where You Take Me as part of their own promo campaign for Britney, but that's never been confirmed. Discogs also labels that as unofficial.

So some releases are in the gray zone.

I checked because I didn't even know it got a release, and this is where you can still order MYB from Epic Records, it's even cheaper than buying it from Discogs.

EPICRECORDS.SHOP.MUSICTODAY.COM

PLEASE NOTE: This is a pre-order item. This item will ship in 4-6 weeks. Limited to 4 units per customer per order.

Ooh I’ve heard about That’s Where You Take Me and apparently Anticipating was an official release in France!? 

That’s some cool trivia about Onyx - there’s so much professional footage of that tour that I have no doubt it was a real release. I think I’ve got the one in Rio on my computer, it’s so good and I love her blonde on that tour. 

I cannot believe MYB got a physical release but Slumber Party did not :|

On 2/18/2024 at 3:42 AM, Isla said:

I might be wrong but I believe Radar got a promo CD release in 2008 when it was supposed to be a single from Blackout.

Swimming in the Stars got no CD release but it did get a vinyl. 

Ooh thank you! That might explain why I’ve seen a few Radar CDs around except they are like £50000000000000000000 :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Love 2
6 hours ago, femmef4toole said:

Ooh I’ve heard about That’s Where You Take Me and apparently Anticipating was an official release in France!? 

Anticipating only. That's Where You Take Me never got any official promo release as far as I know, besides that urban legend in the Philippines.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block