Is Britney angry at Jennifer Lopez? "This Is Me.... Now" samples Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me A River"

30 minutes ago, EmmaJG said:

If she is that’s just pathetic. Girl needs to get a life. She’s giving serious stalker vibes with her latest posts.

I don't think so.
I could at least guess why she thought so.
I didn't know much about JLO, so when I saw "Can't Get Enough" I thought it looked like Sam and Britney's wedding.

Not only that, but JLO clearly sampled Cry Me A River on another new song, "This Is Me....Now."

In the MV of "Can't Get Enough," the rain is considered ominous (rain = Cry Me A River. Britney is an artist, so she is more sensitive to such a metaphor than most people, I think. But of course, I don't know if JLO intended it), and the bride is described that she can't get enough of whomever she marries because she cannot forget someone.

But then I did a search on JLO and found that she had been married four times, and I thought maybe she may have just made MV about herself. If Britney didn't know so much about JLO, I wouldn't be surprised if she thought the "Can't Get Enough" MV was a sarcasm towards her.

This is just my guess based on what is publicly available, and of course I don't know if I'm right or not. It may be off the mark. 
Also, of course there may be something going on between them that we don't know about.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Emil87 said:

If Britney is pissed at JHo she had EVERY right to be. The woman continues to associate herself with the devil lou. **** her.

Where have you been. Jlo dropped Lou during the free Britney movement, there's sources for this all over the internet.

47 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

Ben was just asked by TMZ about the make out and he was tight lipped. The way TMZ writes articles is very s**ist..But homeboy didn’t deny it 🫠

Why tf would he even remember. I can't remember guys I made out with 10 years ago let alone someone saying 20 years ago. Plus Ben has had a well publicised substance and gambling problem, I bet like most people he barely remembers the millennium era.

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, LizeS_ said:

I don't even know what to say or think anymore, Britney's completely lost! I said this once and I'll again - she needs to go back to work, she can't spend the rest of her life at home posting naked pictures and ranting like an old lady. She's her worst enemy at this point.

How can you say that like Britney is absolutely wrong? How can you be so sure?

At least JLO sampled Cry Me A River in her new song "This Is Me.... Now", a song with the same name as the new album.
I'm sure people have sampled Cry Me A River before, but at this point in time?
Britney has released a book, and Cry Me A River is once again getting a lot of public attention. Britney was forced to be silent for many years, and when the time came to finally write about herself, she did.

Now we know that JT has been hiding what he has been doing and one-sidedly demonizing her in Cry Me A River, why is JLO now taking a stand on Cry Me A River?

Everyone knows that it rains in the Cry Me A River MV and that Britney mentions rain in her answer song Everytime, so why did JLO dare to make the MV focus on rain?
I don't know if JLO did so with Britney in mind, but it's also unnatural to think that she did all this without being aware of these things at all.

And I don't understand how people can blame her every time something happens unilaterally. 
She used to be a good girl, like Barbie, but now she's quit that and is living her life the way she wants to, writing whatever she wants.

1 minute ago, DarielXO said:

I hope it was sarcasm.

Seriously?
It's not that hard.
Besides, JLO is an artist too, so I think her sense of such things is sharper than most people.
Are you saying that JLO is so dull that she doesn't even notice it, and that everyone around her is incompetent enough not to give her that kind of information?

2 hours ago, Naes614 said:

Off topic kinda but I always have found it odd how Jlo has over 200 million Instagram followers but can’t get a song to chart…That’s crazy to me lol 

Another metric to prove those numbers are meaningless in the real world. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: When was JLO's last hit? Britney's was last week and it was with a bonus track :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, turquoise said:

Seriously?
It's not that hard.
Besides, JLO is an artist too, so I think her sense of such things is sharper than most people.
Are you saying that JLO is so dull that she doesn't even notice it, and that everyone around her is incompetent enough not to give her that kind of information?

So are you saying other artists shouldn't use... checks notes... rain... as a methaphor, just because they used it a thousand years ago?

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
Just now, DarielXO said:

So are you saying other artists shouldn't use... checks notes... rain... as a methaphor, just because they used it a thousand years ago?

If it's just a little use when everyone else has forgotten about Cry Me A River when nothing else is happening, no one cares.

Why did JLO dare to take a stand on Cry Me A River at this time when Britney published her book and JT and Cry Me A River are being publicly criticized? It was obvious that Britney would feel bad about it.
JLO might have done it without thinking twice about the song and the rain, or she might have known about it and dared to ignore it.

2 hours ago, turquoise said:

I don't think so.
I could at least guess why she thought so.
I didn't know much about JLO, so when I saw "Can't Get Enough" I thought it looked like Sam and Britney's wedding.

Not only that, but JLO clearly sampled Cry Me A River on another new song, "This Is Me....Now."

In the MV of "Can't Get Enough," the rain is considered ominous (rain = Cry Me A River. Britney is an artist, so she is more sensitive to such a metaphor than most people, I think. But of course, I don't know if JLO intended it), and the bride is described that she can't get enough of whomever she marries because she cannot forget someone.

But then I did a search on JLO and found that she had been married four times, and I thought maybe she may have just made MV about herself. If Britney didn't know so much about JLO, I wouldn't be surprised if she thought the "Can't Get Enough" MV was a sarcasm towards her.

This is just my guess based on what is publicly available, and of course I don't know if I'm right or not. It may be off the mark. 
Also, of course there may be something going on between them that we don't know about.

You should go for a walk or something…we all need a ladder for this level of reach.

• Love 1

You guys are making me angry with the reaching this reaching that

Jlo samples Cry Me A River

britney's bothered by it, she posts about kissing Jlo's fiance. Mentions her new song, his new commercial, even dresses up as a devil like her in halloween. 

No, it's not reaching, britney in fact did all of that. 

That's it, it has nothing to do with the rain or the wedding or Sam or Lou. don't look too much into it, it's right in front of your eyes. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block