How will you remember 2023 as a Britney stan and an Exhaler? Your favorite and least favorite moments?

That was quite an eventful year as a Britney stan :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: Britney releasing her long-awaited and very successful memoir was definitely the best moment of 2023 :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:  ''Mind Your Business'' was the worst, sorry. We also got a new iconic moment - Britney dancing with knives on her Instagram :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

When it comes to Exhale... Being a member of this site was, as always, messy but entertaining, and honestly, there have been so many moments where I had a lot of fun with many users, so I'm grateful for that. The best event on Exhale in 2023? Well, probably the demotion of a certain mod who abused his power and bullied others :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: My least favorite thing this year on Exhale, was people being way too sensitive and ignorant, but what's new?

And how will you remember 2023 as a Britney stan and an Exhaler? What are your favorite and least favorite moments?

There have been a lot of fun Britney moments this year! :jumpney_britney_green_excited_yay:

My personal favorites, in no particular order:

The album vinyls being rereleased

Britney singing “Oops” on IG

The iconic knife dance video

Once Upon A One More Time opening on Broadway

The Crossroads global fan event

The Painting With A Twist fan event

The Woman In Me book release

As far as being on Exhale goes, I have to say I have become more active this year. I’ve been a member here since 2009 and have been on and off this forum over the years. Yes, exhale has always been a messy forum but I have to say it still feels like “home” in a sense. I’ve had a rough year personally, and I’ve always used this place as an escape from my own personal struggles. It’s nice to come home from work and get on exhale to catch up on the latest Britney tea. :) 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

My fave moments of 2023:

The GODess In Me memoir, iconic and successful in every possible way :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

The resurgence and appreciation of 'GODssroads'  :neydedance_purple:

Once Upon a One More time on Broadway :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

My worst moments of 2023:

Manjobi :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Her dancing with knives viral vid :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

Her IG overall  :clownery_makeup_meme:

I'll remember 2023 as the year I stopped following her on Instagram :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I’m glad the book was real and was released. 

Manjobi is a thing that happened (and by this point is “iconic” fandom-only trash in the same category as the “Britney Spears Tour Club 2018” t-shirts).

I was rooting for her and Sam, but alas.

In general, Britney’s public/social-media presence has been…stressful? disappointing? unpleasant? I‘m not sure how I want to define it… But even if I don’t agree with her choices or the company she keeps, I’m so glad she’s getting to live her life. It’s up to her to find her way, and she deserves the right to do as she will, mistakes and all. There’s no time limit to healing, and it’s her time, not mine.

However, I hope her artistry and talents won’t be further sullied or relegated to saccharine nostalgia, because lately I haven’t been feeling as connected to what all in those has historically brought me so much joy. (I’ve still been listening the Everytime trance remixes EP a lot though because it’s heavenly.)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block