🏆Oscar winner director Sofia Coppola is asked about doing a movie based on The Woman in Me

Fita

447ad07a5fe45679b52c5bfe4fef4dcd3558f0c9

2dcbbb0b117684c95277e911745561f804b292b7

Sofia Coppola, director, producer and screenwriter who is behind movies like Marie Antoinette, Lost in Translation and the newest Priscilla, a biopic based on Priscilla Presley's best-selling memoir Elvis & I was asked in a Vogue interview whether she'd direct a movie based on Brit's The Woman in Me. And this is what she answered:

(Vogue) Before you go, I wanted to ask if you've read Britney Spears’s memoir yet? 

(Sofia) No, I haven’t yet! How is it? 

(V) It’s very powerful. And maybe it’s just because I’ve had both her book and Priscilla on the brain, but I couldn’t help but visualize your version of the film as I read it—there are a lot of passages in the latter half of the book where she talks about being locked in her big LA mansion and stripped of her autonomy during the conservatorship that felt very Virgin Suicides. I’m curious if Britney is an artist you have any relationship with and if that’s a film you’d ever wanna make? 

(S) You know, I have a fascination with Britney because my generation grew up with her. I have such affection for her and everything that happened to her. I’m naturally curious so I do wanna read it, but I’m not gonna say I’d do the movie. I might have to wait a little while before reading her book after just spending so much time in a different locked prison of suppressed womanhood.

8f6e17f266cc4c8eb7369c79726b7536.jpg

ee4b16bca92dd0c820d33cc682023159.jpg

6e5f73e1ccc154d4b68eb9722a03a6b2.jpg

94762b70cbcb7f7563cc1e0bc321553d.jpg

d313ce0bfd46562e94a4a768e9f23edb.jpg

Edited by Fita
  • Love 7

Sofia have fascination on oppressed pretty girl, but in a good emphatic way. And she’s an Oscar winning director, a very good director. All the stills from Lost in Translation is so artistic and wallpaper worthy. It could be her magnum opus if she decided to take on woman in me, because Britney’s story have so many depth. 
lost in translation film GIF

The only downside is her take can be a bit victimizing to the female protagonist. I don’t know if Britney might be up for that. But she’s a female director, and she will respect Britney’s story and her perspective. 
Tired Scarlett Johansson GIF by Focus Features 

My vote is yes, go read that book and come back with a screen play. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Almost Mystical said:

Sofia have fascination on oppressed pretty girl, but in a good emphatic way. And she’s an Oscar winning director, a very good director. All the stills from Lost in Translation is so artistic and wallpaper worthy. It could be her magnum opus if she decided to take on woman in me, because Britney’s story have so many depth. 
lost in translation film GIF

The only downside is her take can be a bit victimizing to the female protagonist. I don’t know if Britney might be up for that. But she’s a female director, and she will respect Britney’s story and her perspective. 
Tired Scarlett Johansson GIF by Focus Features 

My vote is yes, go read that book and come back with a screen play. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I like Lost in Translation and Marie Antoinette which I've watched a few times but I'm not sure if I like how Marie Antoinette was portrayed - but i'm not sure how she was in real life anyways, so, lol.

I think it'd be interesting if Sofia makes an empathic feminist movie with a bit of melancholy but not too much. Goofyness and joy too, showing Britney's art and her charismatic personality. But I think Britney still think it is a move for dead artists only. But I guess she might change her mind in the future. Who knows. But she'd have to enjoy to do it.

• Love 1

She’s my favorite director and in my opinion the best choice to make this movie. Watch her (2006) movie Marie Antoinette. It’s a great depiction of how you can have all the wealth and opulence in the world but without freedom and a say in your own life, you’re still in a prison. I think that applies during much if Britney’s life and Coppola handled that theme well. 

Edited by Bluemoonpj
Typo
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, femmepop said:

She's my favorite director also.

wow that was nice what she said about her, very thoughtful.

Stages is basically  Marie Antoinette  but without all the beautiful aesthetics.

omg this would be just be so perfect and I totally imagined it as a Sofia movie the whole time I was reading.

:enigma_alien_blue:

we totally agree!

• Love 2

I love her movies!

I still have to check Priscilla tho, I’m late cause I just don’t think I’m interested in another Elvis movie bc that Elvis movie was brutally great and disturbing and with parallels to B stories, I will def watch it tho 

I love this one, I love it first time I saw it, it’s my Aftersun movie from the 2000s lol

(with Stephen Dorff, the guy from the Everytime Britney video)

spacer.png

Edited by Jup1ter
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block