Once Upon A One More Time (Full Show Bootleg)

• Super Mods
20 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but I just discovered a full bootleg recording of the entire closing night show is on YouTube in case anyone is interested. The show looks cheesy but cute at the same time. I’m watching right now. :) 

Oh wow thanks for sharing :) 

I wish I could've seen it live but this is close enough lol

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Right?! Same here! At first it seemed cringe but while I’m watching it, it’s actually really good. The cast is very talented and I actually enjoy their renditions of Britney’s songs. :) 

Yeah normally I don't really like to watch alot of musicals but the fact that they used Britney's music makes it interesting to me.

I hope they use some of my fave Britney songs in it.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah normally I don't really like to watch alot of musicals but the fact that they used Britney's music makes it interesting to me.

I hope they use some of my fave Britney songs in it.

Here is the setlist, it’s got a nice selection of hits but there are also deep cuts too. :) 

Act I:

"...Baby One More Time" – Company

"Make Me..." – Prince Charming, Cinderella

"Lucky" – The Princesses

"Work *****" – Belinda, Betany, Stepmother, Cinderella, Ensemble

"Brightest Morning Star" - Cinderella, Snow White

"Boys" / "Pretty Girls" – Cinderella, Betany, Belinda, Prince Ebullient, Prince Erudite, Prince Suave, Prince Affable, Prince Brawny, Prince Mischievous, Female Ensemble

"Circus" – Prince Charming, Ensemble

"Sometimes" – Cinderella, Prince Charming

"Oops!...I Did It Again" – Prince Charming, Snow White, Cinderella

"From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" – Snow White, Clumsy, Male Ensemble

"Piece of Me" / "Cinderella" – Belinda, Betany, Cinderella

"Womanizer" – Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, Belle, The Little Mermaid, Princess and the Pea

"Scream & Shout" / "I Wanna Go" – Original Fairy Godmother, The Princesses, Company

Act II:

"(You Drive Me) Crazy" – Company

”3” - Prince Charming, Male Ensemble

"Gimme More" - Company

"Cinderella (Reprise)" – Cinderella, Prince Charming

"Toxic" – Stepmother, Narrator, Female Ensemble

"Everytime" – Cinderella

"Stronger" – Original Fairy Godmother, The Princesses, Company

"...Baby One More Time" / "Gimme More" / "Till the World Ends (Megamix)" – Company

5 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

This show is kinda silly and a little bit cringy, but the performances are solid, the dancing is good and it’s a fun show! I’d go see it if they did a tour!  :shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow:   :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Agreed! I thought the cringe thing at first too but most musicals are a little cheesy and this one definitely is. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

That’s awesome you got to see it! Yeah I wish it would have lasted longer on Broadway too. Did the show end because it didn’t do well financially? 

Correct, it was a massive flop! The show cost $ 20 millions to put on Broadway and its weekly costs were around 900K. Unfortunately, it only grossed 500K/600K weekly which made it non-viable in any possible way :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

I saw the DC tryout in 2021 and 3 times on Broadway, and I LOVED every minute of it, it was a beautiful musical. However, there were a lot factors that played against it: Britney did not promote it at all nor attended any show, wrong theater choice (The marquis is said to be cursed since nothing lasts more than 6 months there), terrible timing to open when you have a similar jukebox musical &Juliet still playing strong and making tons of money. Good thing is that 90% of the Broadway shows that opened during spring/summer 2023 have closed now. This might indicate that only very famous IP musicals (Moulin Rouge, Back to the future, The Lion king, etc) or musicals with big names attached (Sweeney Todd, Merrily we roll along, etc) are surviving :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

This musical could have been a great way to keep Britney's music relevant without her doing anything and introduce it to a completly different and new audience. My BF is not a Britney fan at all and he became a HUGE fan of this musical. He had no idea Britney had such nice songs like 'Brightest morning star', 'Passenger' (It got cut off in previews), 'Cinderella' among others. Now there are other stars trying to mimic this idea, Alicia keys has a musical with her songs opening soon, and Xtina Aguilera announced she's producing a stage adaptation of 'Burlesque'. Honestly, OUAOMT was a GREAT idea that could have made Britney's legacy last through generations  (pretty much like Mamma Mia did with Abba) but I don't think Britney realize that. This musical was about her artistry, a true love letter to her as the artist she is  :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

There are plans for a West End transfer in the next 2 years but you didn't hear it from me :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:

Edited by pablitonizer
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Correct, it was a massive flop! The show cost $ 20 millions to put on Broadway and its weekly costs were around 900K. Unfortunately, it only grossed 500K/600K weekly which made it non-viable in any possible way :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

I saw the DC tryout in 2021 and 3 times on Broadway, and I LOVED every minute of it, it was a beautiful musical. However, there were a lot factors that played against it: Britney did not promote it at all nor attended any show, wrong theater choice (The marquis is said to be cursed since nothing lasts more than 6 months there), terrible timing to open when you have a similar jukebox musical &Juliet still playing strong and making tons of money. Good thing is that 90% of the Broadway shows that opened during spring/summer 2023 have closed now. This might indicate that only very famous IP musicals (Moulin Rouge, Back to the future, The Lion king, etc) or musicals with big names attached (Sweeney Todd, Merrily we roll along, etc) are surviving :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

This musical could have been a great way to keep Britney's music relevant without her doing anything and introduce it to a completly different and new audience. My BF is not a Britney fan at all and he became a HUGE fan of this musical. He had no idea Britney had such nice songs like 'Brightest morning star', 'Passenger' (It got cut off in previews), 'Cinderella' among others. Now there are other stars trying to mimic this idea, Alicia keys has a musical with her songs opening soon, and Xtina Aguilera announced she's producing a stage adaptation of 'Burlesque'. Honestly, OUAOMT was a GREAT idea that could have made Britney's legacy last through generations  (pretty much like Mamma Mia did with Abba) but I don't think Britney realize that. This musical was about her artistry, a true love letter to her as the artist she is  :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

There are plans for a West End transfer in the next 2 years but you didn't hear it from me :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus:

Wow! Thank you for all the info!!! :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

I agree, I watched the full bootleg yesterday and thought the same thing. It is cheesy but it’s fun at the same time. And the covers are GOOD and it’s a great original story. I really, really liked it overall honestly. I agree with what you said about how it’s a great thing for Britney’s catalog and legacy and would be a great way to further that.

Maybe Britney feels bittersweet about it since it was created during the con years. I know she promoted it on Instagram with a single post but obviously her attending the show would have drawn in more crowds for sure. 

Do you think there is any sort of hope for a revival or a tour of some kind?? I would love to see this live! 

2 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Wow! Thank you for all the info!!! :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

I agree, I watched the full bootleg yesterday and thought the same thing. It is cheesy but it’s fun at the same time. And the covers are GOOD and it’s a great original story. I really, really liked it overall honestly. I agree with what you said about how it’s a great thing for Britney’s catalog and legacy and would be a great way to further that.

Maybe Britney feels bittersweet about it since it was created during the con years. I know she promoted it on Instagram with a single post but obviously her attending the show would have drawn in more crowds for sure. 

Do you think there is any sort of hope for a revival or a tour of some kind?? I would love to see this live! 

Producers and creatives are certain that UOAOMT has a lot of potential to be big hit, and they're trying to keep it alive. I know they plan to launch an American tour too but it's still too soon so it might take years to happen. The only way I see a true revival is once the movie adaptation happens. Sony Pictures won the screen rights so if done correctly with a great cast, it could become massive (again, just like Mamma Mia movie did in 2008). :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1

Honestly I kind of liked the idea of fairytales and Britney music. But it launched in the middle of the freebritney era and I think there were huge doubts if Britney would make money out of it. Britney also didn’t promote it but she did give it her blessing once if I’m not mistaken.

I wouldn’t mind if they gave it another try. But an appearance of Britney would help enormously but I just don’t see it happening. 

2 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Producers and creatives are certain that UOAOMT has a lot of potential to be big hit, and they're trying to keep it alive. I know they plan to launch an American tour too but it's still too soon so it might take years to happen. The only way I see a true revival is once the movie adaptation happens. Sony Pictures won the screen rights so if done correctly with a great cast, it could become massive (again, just like Mamma Mia movie did in 2008). :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Oh I see. I would def attend a live performance if they did go on tour. Also, I hope Sony does produce the movie soon. Lord knows all us fans will go out and see it multiple times in the theaters! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block